Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Strand unwanted companions on deserted island

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
I think pirates should always have the option to decide who is on their ship and part of their crew or not, and they should be able to drop anyone they don't want off onto a deserted island. If later they change their mind they can always go back to the island and take back onboard whomever they decide to pick up and rescue.

Community Leader
seasnake on Oct 20, 2012 wrote:
I think pirates should always have the option to decide who is on their ship and part of their crew or not, and they should be able to drop anyone they don't want off onto a deserted island. If later they change their mind they can always go back to the island and take back onboard whomever they decide to pick up and rescue.
If im understanding what your saying, this would pretty much break the "Companion Management" aspect of the game allowing players to pick specific companions, and only train those. Sure that sounds cool, but one of the points of companion management is to keep all your companions up to a decent spec because any of them could join you in battle. I am fairly positive that is one of the challenges of the game by design. They even recently changed it so new companions are a few levels higher than us to encourage us to try them as our firstmates for awhile.
One of the strategies I use in the game is to avoid companion quests that are not main quest line. Planning on maybe going back and doing them after I have raised up considerably in levels, saving me in training, and keeping some of the questionable companions out of my battles until im comfortable in experimenting with them.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
At the moment, the best you can do is move the unwanted Companions to the slots that are farthest from the Firstmate so they have the smallest chance of showing up in battle. Suggest you search for "putting companion" or just "companion" to see other people with the same idea.

Ensign
Nov 15, 2010
Does not seem to matter where you you put the companions you don't like in the last slot, for me it keeps coming up and I hate that. And yes I try to keep all my companions as close to my level as I can and it take all my gold to do this. Also not great, cant get any thing for myself.
I think you should be able to put the ones you dont wont at your home or something like that.

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
Dr Zeppers on Oct 20, 2012 wrote:
If im understanding what your saying, this would pretty much break the "Companion Management" aspect of the game allowing players to pick specific companions, and only train those. Sure that sounds cool, but one of the points of companion management is to keep all your companions up to a decent spec because any of them could join you in battle. I am fairly positive that is one of the challenges of the game by design. They even recently changed it so new companions are a few levels higher than us to encourage us to try them as our firstmates for awhile.
One of the strategies I use in the game is to avoid companion quests that are not main quest line. Planning on maybe going back and doing them after I have raised up considerably in levels, saving me in training, and keeping some of the questionable companions out of my battles until im comfortable in experimenting with them.
No, it wouldn't break the system. They could easily make is so you can not drop any companions under X amount of companions. Perhaps they require you to have at least 6 or 8, and anything more than that you are allowed to drop. Same could go with how many talent cards you have in your deck. I sure would like to get rid of some of the talent cards I never use but which come up so that I can easier and quicker get the starting cards I am looking for.