Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I give up

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 02, 2013
Do the enemies during the quest "Entrancing the stone" in quarry cave have to critical EVERY round? literally 2 of my companions die in the first round, EVERY TIME, and no they aren't underlevel.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2010
It's not your fault, they might have critical strikes + you are fighting witchdoctors in that dungeon and depending on your class, they might have a high chance to crit on you (especially if you're a buc or swash) and the buccaneers too (especially if you're a musketeer or a witchdoctor)

The best way to counter these mobs is to bring gear with "Valor's Fortress" on them, (if you can tell me your class, I can list specific gear). On the first round, try using a Valor's Fortress on a companion that you will think might die.

Lvl 70
Lvl 57
Lvl 20

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
It sure does seem like the enemies in this update do have a greater critical chance that my team, however, there are powers that can oppose and weaken them. Not knowing which companions you are using against the Ophidians, however, I can only suggest trying a different type of crew and playing defensively by spreading out along the back line of the battleboard. If they can't reach another ally to Blade Storm against, their onslaught dies out.

Ensign
Mar 02, 2013
Thanks for the replies, I eventually had the patience to wait for team up. I overreacted too much, sorry

-

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
honesttaylor12 on Jun 26, 2016 wrote:
Do the enemies during the quest "Entrancing the stone" in quarry cave have to critical EVERY round? literally 2 of my companions die in the first round, EVERY TIME, and no they aren't underlevel.
I'm with you there!

It doesn't matter whether you solo or have a full team, that dungeon is brutal !!! It's just a fact that the enemy criticals over and over and over again, then they activate all their talents, and critical those over and over and over again, to which you have nothing left the first round, and because you were 'prepping' your characters (boosts, shields, crit boosts, hide, etc), you didn't even have a chance to hit.

KI needs to tone down that enemy critical. It doesn't matter what gear you have on if you can't survive the first round or two.

Oh, and I love it when your companions only do a one-shot, no crit, no talent activation, but the enemy hits you 10+ times in a row, in which a majority of the hits are critical.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
That quest in the quarry was hard, those ophidians do super hit a lot. This is the quest that nearly defeated all of my active companions. The only way to defeat these snakes is to speard out and flank them ( attack from behind ) when they are alone. If you have try using blood's flame or Moo Manchu's terracotta army that help too.Doing the quarry mission solo,is really hard it take more than burte strength, it take alot of determination and guile.
Don't give up, just have your companions speard out , other team attack,regroup,and attack again or speard out,set up blood's flame,lure target to flame,regroup and attack.I hope this help.

Just ask a willing player or 3 for help,if these snakes are too hard to beat solo. Or wait for a friend or 3 to join in.

Note-Blood's flame is acquired by captain blood's jacket and it's a very rear loot drop ( and currently a hot item ). So gather your friends and start framing for his jacket. If feeling brave try farming Moo Manchu for his jacket,for the terracotta army summon. Best of luck,pirates.

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2010
BrynnerOfReign on Jun 27, 2016 wrote:
I'm with you there!

It doesn't matter whether you solo or have a full team, that dungeon is brutal !!! It's just a fact that the enemy criticals over and over and over again, then they activate all their talents, and critical those over and over and over again, to which you have nothing left the first round, and because you were 'prepping' your characters (boosts, shields, crit boosts, hide, etc), you didn't even have a chance to hit.

KI needs to tone down that enemy critical. It doesn't matter what gear you have on if you can't survive the first round or two.

Oh, and I love it when your companions only do a one-shot, no crit, no talent activation, but the enemy hits you 10+ times in a row, in which a majority of the hits are critical.
"It doesn't matter what gear you have on if you can't survive the first round or two." Wrong, I soloed that entire dungeon without companion deaths but I couldn't have done without my Valor's Fortresses

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
Adam Wintersinger on Jun 28, 2016 wrote:
"It doesn't matter what gear you have on if you can't survive the first round or two." Wrong, I soloed that entire dungeon without companion deaths but I couldn't have done without my Valor's Fortresses
Valor's fortress isn't necessarily going to make you get through the battle. Not everyone has it! Frankly, there are other talents that people have on their gear that works for them. Plus, Valor's Fortress may not even come up the first or even the second round to help you.

You may have done it solo, but others who are soloing, or even those with teams, may not survive or lose most of their companions. So, don't judge what others are experiencing. Just because you made it through, doesn't make it any less traumatic for someone else who can't. The experience is the number of criticals the enemy has. Again, it doesn't matter what gear you have on, if you can survive the first round or two, it's too much.

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2010
BrynnerOfReign on Jun 28, 2016 wrote:
Valor's fortress isn't necessarily going to make you get through the battle. Not everyone has it! Frankly, there are other talents that people have on their gear that works for them. Plus, Valor's Fortress may not even come up the first or even the second round to help you.

You may have done it solo, but others who are soloing, or even those with teams, may not survive or lose most of their companions. So, don't judge what others are experiencing. Just because you made it through, doesn't make it any less traumatic for someone else who can't. The experience is the number of criticals the enemy has. Again, it doesn't matter what gear you have on, if you can survive the first round or two, it's too much.
I'm just saying that gear DOES matter in this fight, being able to survive the critical barrage is necessary to win this fight. Valor's Fortress does a nice job of doing that.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Yes, the point is to go back and keep trying! There are many dungeons that I failed the first 2 or 3 or 5 or in the case of Stormzilla ( old school not the nerfed version ) a total dozen times!!!
I'm glad you went back and used team up; you beat that dungeon and that's a valuable lesson in persistence!
@ Adam Wintersinger - I did solo this dungeon but I would never say it was easy. Black Fog didn't show up for the last battle and that's the toughest one! All in all, I lost 3 companions to bed-rest in that dungeon. ( Plus I had the advantage of doing this dungeon during test realm so I knew how the battles would play out. ) The first time in; whoo-boy! They handed me my head on a platter!