Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

i beat Kane without battling him

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 04, 2012
well actually i did battle him

i was doing the dungeon solo and got to the final battle where i was defeated (by the way i like how you made it like a chess board and how you used the little known chess move en passant)

anyway after the battle i logged off only to come back 2 days later with the quest helper telling me to go to avery and now he's congratulating me on something i didnt do and now i know the ending i wanted as a reward for my hard work but got it anyway without having to do much and now i'm sad...

my concern is for the players who like working for stuff to feel that sense of accomplishment who may end up in the same situation plz fix it

Ensign
Dec 16, 2012
It's not so much a glitch as it is the quest just being to defeat the machine, you actually don't have to defeat Kane to complete the quest.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
What's happening is the main quest goal for "The Final Countdown" changes to Talk to Avery after we defeat the Machine. It shouldn't change until we defeat Kane's court.

That, or the battle with Kane is optional?

Captain
May 16, 2011
Willowydream on Jun 20, 2016 wrote:
What's happening is the main quest goal for "The Final Countdown" changes to Talk to Avery after we defeat the Machine. It shouldn't change until we defeat Kane's court.

That, or the battle with Kane is optional?

Kane definitely shouldn't be optional. He is kinda the major main boss of the first arc. "The Final Countdown" should have "Defeat Kane" as a goal listed, rather than "Defeat The Machine".

Community Leader
I am fairly certain I saw One Eyed Jack indicate this was a bug to be fixed soon.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV