Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

My Suggestions and Ideas

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Sep 26, 2014
Ahoy, maties! It's been a long time since I've posted on these boards, but while I was gone playing other games, I realized a few things Pirate101 is lacking. So here are my three suggestions to make the game a little more special.

Advanced Classes
Now, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Villagers and Heroes, and Free Realms all either have or had this feature. Basically, at a certain level, you can choose an advanced class, for an example: The Buccaneer would have a Defensive and Offensive role, one having higher damage dealing DPS attacks, and the other being more tanky. Either way, I fell in love with this idea while playing other games, and I think Pirate101 is the perfect candidate for this.

More Character Customization
Don't get me wrong, there are countless features your character can have in Pirate101. But there are a few things it's lacking, say more facial expressions, eye colors, etc. Also, why can't males wear pink or purple? I'm personally a fan of purple, but I still wonder why male characters can't wear purple or pink. This is pretty stereotypical in my eyes, and really needs to be fixed sometime soon.

Daily and Weekly Side Quests
Star Wars: The Old Republic has this feature, and is extremely well done in that game, but Pirate101 would be a perfect candidate for this as well. For example, your pirate can take on bounties, like say robbing a certain facility, or claiming land for Skull Island from the natives. This could add more mini-dungeons for our Pirates to experience, and get nice rewards at the end.

Those are all that were on my mind recently, and I'll be sure to edit this post if I ever get any other ideas in this wacky brain of mine. Cheers!

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
akhenaten751 on Sep 22, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy, maties! It's been a long time since I've posted on these boards, but while I was gone playing other games, I realized a few things Pirate101 is lacking. So here are my three suggestions to make the game a little more special.

Advanced Classes
Now, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Villagers and Heroes, and Free Realms all either have or had this feature. Basically, at a certain level, you can choose an advanced class, for an example: The Buccaneer would have a Defensive and Offensive role, one having higher damage dealing DPS attacks, and the other being more tanky. Either way, I fell in love with this idea while playing other games, and I think Pirate101 is the perfect candidate for this.

Don't get me wrong, there are countless features your character can have in Pirate101. But there are a few things it's lacking, say more facial expressions, eye colors, etc. Also, why can't males wear pink or purple? I'm personally a fan of purple, but I still wonder why male characters can't wear purple or pink. This is pretty stereotypical in my eyes, and really needs to be fixed sometime soon.

Star Wars: The Old Republic has this feature, and is extremely well done in that game, but Pirate101 would be a perfect candidate for this as well. For example, your pirate can take on bounties, like say robbing a certain facility, or claiming land for Skull Island from the natives. This could add more mini-dungeons for our Pirates to experience, and get nice rewards at the end.

Those are all that were on my mind recently, and I'll be sure to edit this post if I ever get any other ideas in this wacky brain of mine. Cheers!
Yep your typical MMO's feature, and I'd love to see them in Pirates... however P101 isnt a typical mmo (no trade, no guild/clan, ahem) so I dont know how the staff would consider this...

About character customization, one of my pirates wears purple, so I dont know how you think they cant...
Anyway, I'd rather see more companion customization, I mean.. let them wear gear and stuffs.

I particularly like this daily quest suggestion, frankly I'm bored lately, there isnt anything to do beside pvp and a couple dungeons... I think some scrips would fit nicely in here if this was ever implemented... even 5 scrip per quest I'd be happy.

Another feature I wouldnt mind seeing is some kind of world boss, would be perfect for a bounty :)
Would need to be done with a team too.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
akhenaten751 on Sep 22, 2015 wrote:

Advanced Classes

Just one question, why do you say males can't wear pink or purple? What's stopping you? There's no reason why you can't go into Outlaws Outfitters and go to the dye lady and dye your clothes any color you like ( even pink or purple, if that is your wish. )
I remember all the "Excuse our dust" whenever Free Realms did something new or had to correct a bug when they added something new. I don't want to see that here.

Petty Officer
Sep 26, 2014
anecorbie on Sep 22, 2015 wrote:
Just one question, why do you say males can't wear pink or purple? What's stopping you? There's no reason why you can't go into Outlaws Outfitters and go to the dye lady and dye your clothes any color you like ( even pink or purple, if that is your wish. )
I remember all the "Excuse our dust" whenever Free Realms did something new or had to correct a bug when they added something new. I don't want to see that here.
I meant your default clothing. In the character customization part. Males can't wear pink or purple, which throws me off.

Petty Officer
Sep 26, 2014
Silver Angel on Sep 22, 2015 wrote:
Yep your typical MMO's feature, and I'd love to see them in Pirates... however P101 isnt a typical mmo (no trade, no guild/clan, ahem) so I dont know how the staff would consider this...

About character customization, one of my pirates wears purple, so I dont know how you think they cant...
Anyway, I'd rather see more companion customization, I mean.. let them wear gear and stuffs.

I particularly like this daily quest suggestion, frankly I'm bored lately, there isnt anything to do beside pvp and a couple dungeons... I think some scrips would fit nicely in here if this was ever implemented... even 5 scrip per quest I'd be happy.

Another feature I wouldnt mind seeing is some kind of world boss, would be perfect for a bounty :)
Would need to be done with a team too.
Guilds and trading are a bit of a cliche in MMO's now, and it's become to the point where I wish they weren't here. Well, that's not stopping people from making clans, without a Guild GUI.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
akhenaten751 on Sep 23, 2015 wrote:
Guilds and trading are a bit of a cliche in MMO's now, and it's become to the point where I wish they weren't here. Well, that's not stopping people from making clans, without a Guild GUI.
True, but it would be much easier to find people to do things in game. I'm to the point I wonder why even have friends in game, you cant talk to all of them at once. You have to ask them one by one if they want to go to tower and whatnot, that's ridiculous. And that's how I never get to do Smuggler's arena.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
I love the daily quest idea. How do you think it'll work in the game?

Petty Officer
Sep 26, 2014
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Sep 23, 2015 wrote:
I love the daily quest idea. How do you think it'll work in the game?
My idea is you can see the Frogfather every day to do three to five different dungeons, and you can get around 1000-5000 scrip at the end.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
akhenaten751 on Sep 24, 2015 wrote:
My idea is you can see the Frogfather every day to do three to five different dungeons, and you can get around 1000-5000 scrip at the end.
No, that's too much scrips lol. It's supposed to be rare.

Petty Officer
Sep 26, 2014
Silver Angel on Sep 24, 2015 wrote:
No, that's too much scrips lol. It's supposed to be rare.
That's why it's supposed to be hard.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
That's why it's supposed to be hard.
Smuggler arena is hard, and you barely get 400 scrips in a team.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
That's a cool idea, but the scrip does seem a little high...

Petty Officer
Sep 26, 2014
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Sep 25, 2015 wrote:
That's a cool idea, but the scrip does seem a little high...
I don't exactly do all that much scrip farming, so I'm not one to know what's high or not lol. I thought around 500-1000 was barely any at all.