Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Hidden Bug

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Nov 21, 2010
Hello,

I was facing a Swashbuckler in the arena and something strange happened.

I had an Absorb on myself and the Swash was hidden. He attacked with one of the Backstab line of powers I think. He didn't damaged me at all because of my Absorb that was present at that time, but also he didn't loose his hidden, allowing him to to hit again in next round with doubled weapon power.

I hope this is a bug, it looks like it.

Sincerely,
Stubborn Duncan Freeman

Ensign
May 21, 2012
Seconded - had this happen yesterday, I bet we may even be referring the same person. They were highly amused by the whole thing. An attack is an attack, regardless if the damage is absorbed or not. It let's them apply a free bleeding effect, retaining hidden for a follow up attack on your now weakened Valor shield.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Duncan StormThief on Aug 17, 2015 wrote:
Hello,

I had an Absorb on myself and the Swash was hidden. He attacked with one of the Backstab line of powers I think. He didn't damaged me at all because of my Absorb that was present at that time, but also he didn't loose his hidden, allowing him to to hit again in next round with doubled weapon power.

Sincerely,
Stubborn Duncan Freeman
Did you dodge the attack, if so then it didn't go through and he was still hidden.

Lieutenant
Nov 21, 2010
I took the hit. My absorb was near the end and I got bleeding effect.

Lieutenant
Nov 21, 2010
It just happened again and this time companions were involved too. The opponent and one of his companions remained hidden after attacking me with absorb. I got all negative effects, greatly reduced absorb, vulnerable to next attack. Please fix this.

Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
Duncan StormThief on Aug 17, 2015 wrote:
Hello,

Sincerely,
Stubborn Duncan Freeman
This isn't a bug persay, but kind of a logical problem. Absorb takes the damage so you receive no health loss on yourself. Hide ends not when you attack(like the hide card suggests), but when you deal damage. Since absorb prevents damage from being dealt, Hide does not break if the absorb bubble does not break. Hope I helped