Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Teaser: Ranked PvP and or story update?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
Based on the teaser, some people are thinking that it's hinting ranked pvp, but I think it's hinting at a new story update (book 15). "But hurry, I must leave this place soon". That quote insists that a conflict or evil is nearby, which most likely has to do with the story, not ranked PvP. That is just my thought! (Yes, I know ranked PvP will be coming with the update anyway, but am thinking a story update will be coming with it)

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
EMC99 on Jul 2, 2015 wrote:
Based on the teaser, some people are thinking that it's hinting ranked pvp, but I think it's hinting at a new story update (book 15). "But hurry, I must leave this place soon". That quote insists that a conflict or evil is nearby, which most likely has to do with the story, not ranked PvP. That is just my thought! (Yes, I know ranked PvP will be coming with the update anyway, but am thinking a story update will be coming with it)
To release ranked pvp and a new world at the same time would be huge and I don't think it's likely to happen. Of course I wouldn't complain, but from a marketing standpoint, it would seem like a better idea to release each of those separately. Also, to release them separately would more closely follow what we have seen in the past in regards to updates.

Petty Officer
Oct 24, 2012
Spiral Cowboy on Jul 8, 2015 wrote:
To release ranked pvp and a new world at the same time would be huge and I don't think it's likely to happen. Of course I wouldn't complain, but from a marketing standpoint, it would seem like a better idea to release each of those separately. Also, to release them separately would more closely follow what we have seen in the past in regards to updates.
I can see where your coming from, but thinking about how long it's been since any previous update (the last one was at Christmas) it's entirely plausible that this update could be a huge one, hence the gap between updates. From a marketing standpoint, I agree. But just thinking logically about how long it's been since any update, especially a story update, suggests to me it being quite big in size. And the Frogfather and other admins and devs have dropped hints on several threads which point towards a potentially huge update...

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
EMC99 on Jul 2, 2015 wrote:
Hmmm, it does appear we'll have instances at the least. Those instances would have the clandestine trainers where we can learn talents that don't belong to our class.

A story update would be fun, but I don't expect it. It has been a while, but a Ranked PvP system likely takes time.

Honestly, the only thing I could say for certain is we're getting clandestine trainers and Ranked PvP.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Two years is too long to wait for mere side content; if this newest update is only ranked PVP, I hope the moderators are equipped with asbestos gloves, because these boards will be on fire!

Petty Officer
Feb 29, 2012
I really want a story update.
I could care less about PVP.
I really hope you are right EMC!

Lieutenant
Feb 08, 2014
Some people think it may be referring to new powers, "There are things I can teach you if you wish to learn"-Lost Hoplite

Petty Officer
May 13, 2010
The more hints that come out the more it looks like book 15 will not be included in this update. Based on everything that I have seen it looks like Ranked PvP, a way to train for new talents (this is where hoplite and the other trainer comes in), and possibly another dungeon or battle arena with our ships (vine hint released the other day).

If book 15 was included there would be a lot more focus on the new location to include pictures and new creatures. The test realm seems ready to open any day now and there is nothing hinting at book 15.

Hopefully after this next update, book 15 will be very shortly behind it (they have had enough time).