Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Phule as a Potential Companion

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
A lot of people know that Blind Mew said that we would get no clockwork companions. Well, Phule might not be a clockwork. Look at the way he slouches. It's very creepy and also un-armada like. All the other clockworks are stiff as a board, standing straight, like robots. Phule also laughs at the other clockworks mistakes, why would he do this unless he was against them? Which brings us to our next clue, the toymaker says that he knows how to defeat Kane. Perhaps he got this information because he is a part of Kane's inner court. Yes, I'm saying Phule might be the toymaker. It would also be a great plot twist. Plus, if he's human then he could be a potential companion, which would be nice. Ahem, excuse me, not nice, TOTALLY AMAZING!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Duke of Westminste... on Jun 3, 2015 wrote:
A lot of people know that Blind Mew said that we would get no clockwork companions. Well, Phule might not be a clockwork. Look at the way he slouches. It's very creepy and also un-armada like. All the other clockworks are stiff as a board, standing straight, like robots. Phule also laughs at the other clockworks mistakes, why would he do this unless he was against them? Which brings us to our next clue, the toymaker says that he knows how to defeat Kane. Perhaps he got this information because he is a part of Kane's inner court. Yes, I'm saying Phule might be the toymaker. It would also be a great plot twist. Plus, if he's human then he could be a potential companion, which would be nice. Ahem, excuse me, not nice, TOTALLY AMAZING!
Hey there Duke! I too have often wondered about the possibility of Phule being The Toymaker....it is one of my (as well as others out there) several 'what if speculations/theories'. Phule has definitely got something going on with him.

As far as actually having him as a companion...I'm not sure that I would be all on board, mostly because I don't want any of them "clinking, clanking, clattering, collections of caliginous junk" on my crew. But I can see where you are coming from as the mere potential of Phule as a combatant. Something about him would be quite intriguing, possibly mesmerizing, to see in battle and I think his attacks/powers/critical strikes would be quite amazing. I still don't think I personally want any Armada on my crew, unless Gracie completely dismantled them and reassembled them into a mechanical llama, poodle or grandfather clock companion-- that would be welcomed in crew, for sure!

Even though I really wouldn't want Phule in my crew, I do find it pretty neat to think about suiting our pirates up in his gear and then having him fight alongside us. Two Phule's for the price of one! A battle completely Phule of it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jun 4, 2015 wrote:
Hey there Duke! I too have often wondered about the possibility of Phule being The Toymaker....it is one of my (as well as others out there) several 'what if speculations/theories'. Phule has definitely got something going on with him.

As far as actually having him as a companion...I'm not sure that I would be all on board, mostly because I don't want any of them "clinking, clanking, clattering, collections of caliginous junk" on my crew. But I can see where you are coming from as the mere potential of Phule as a combatant. Something about him would be quite intriguing, possibly mesmerizing, to see in battle and I think his attacks/powers/critical strikes would be quite amazing. I still don't think I personally want any Armada on my crew, unless Gracie completely dismantled them and reassembled them into a mechanical llama, poodle or grandfather clock companion-- that would be welcomed in crew, for sure!

Even though I really wouldn't want Phule in my crew, I do find it pretty neat to think about suiting our pirates up in his gear and then having him fight alongside us. Two Phule's for the price of one! A battle completely Phule of it.
Nicely said Valkoor and fantastic use of verbiage. I actually had to look up caliginous.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 5, 2015 wrote:
Nicely said Valkoor and fantastic use of verbiage. I actually had to look up caliginous.
Hahah Chrissy! Thanks and you can thank The Wizard for that one. That line from the movie popped into my head and I thought it seemed quite fitting for the Armada. But I must confess that I too had to look up caliginous. Even now, as I type, it gets the red, squiggly underscore-- showing that even the Almighty and Powerful PC doesn't recognize it. Some wizard it is!