Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Only one day?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 21, 2013
I'm sure everyone knows what i'm talking about, thats right. The throwback thursday april fools mounts. And all i wanted to say is...Why only one day? Even if it makes sense because it's throwback thursday not throwback week or something, but still, doesn't it seem a little unfair for those who have been asking for this for ages (including me) and only being able to get them for one day? I mean like..Some people aren't able to get crowns right then and there. Oh well..That's all i wanted to say.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
It is Throwback ThursDAY for a reason. Don't get me wrong, I wanted to get the Mighty Steed mount, but I have no computer access at the moment, so I'm missing out, too.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
sarcastiel on Apr 30, 2015 wrote:
I'm sure everyone knows what i'm talking about, thats right. The throwback thursday april fools mounts. And all i wanted to say is...Why only one day? Even if it makes sense because it's throwback thursday not throwback week or something, but still, doesn't it seem a little unfair for those who have been asking for this for ages (including me) and only being able to get them for one day? I mean like..Some people aren't able to get crowns right then and there. Oh well..That's all i wanted to say.
I see your point about players being unable to get Crowns on such short notice. Many younger players don't have 'instant access' to the means to purchase Crowns and Crown Shop items at a drop of the Tricorne. So, if a sale is announced, such as the Throwback Thursday Sale, on the actual day of the sale, it can be tough for some players to get the goodies and they'll be left waiting till the next surprise announcement.

Perhaps KI could give a heads-up announcement a few days to a week before sales of the '1 Day Only' variety come up. Of course, giving the heads-up without actually revealing what the goodies are. That way players who need to work the weekend to earn some money/crowns or need to give their parents a few days to think over whether or not they want to allow Crowns purchase, can take better advantage of the sale. Maybe KI can just post/tweet/FB a 'Coming Soon- 1 Day Only Sale' (without ruining the surprise) and then players can be ready and waiting.

But then again......KI does regularly have the nearly week long Crowns Sales (of different varieties) that allow the players ample time to ask and work for Crowns Purchasing. Maybe take advantage of those Crowns sales and then just save the Crowns up for when the '1 Day Only Sales' pop up. But it can be tough to save up when new pets and goodies keep making their way into the game...all requiring you to resist the temptation to fork over some of those Crowns, that may be meant for saving.

I do think that you make a very valid point though...especially when it comes to these Throwback Sales, because they seldom happen. Players who need time to ask or work for the Crowns may very well never be able to enjoy the goodies these kinds of sales offer.

Ensign
Jul 21, 2013
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Apr 30, 2015 wrote:
Because Thursday is only one day?
Well yeah, but still like valkoor said they could've given us a heads up maybe? That would've been nice.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
sarcastiel on May 1, 2015 wrote:
Well yeah, but still like valkoor said they could've given us a heads up maybe? That would've been nice.
True enough, but they never have in the past when there was a one-day sale either here or on Wizard101. Perhaps they'll take his suggestion for a nice heads-up in the future.

Ensign
Jul 21, 2010
From a marketing perspective, it creates a sense of urgency. "There's only one day? It must be special then!"