Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

help please :(

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 24, 2014
when I FINALLY get my computer back after a long wait I try redownloading the game and after downloading it I tried opening the Play Pirate101 thing on my desktop well it will not open for some reason and if i double click a lot i don't even get the "pirate101 is already running on your computer" message

Petty Officer
Aug 30, 2014
Good cop on Apr 11, 2015 wrote:
when I FINALLY get my computer back after a long wait I try redownloading the game and after downloading it I tried opening the Play Pirate101 thing on my desktop well it will not open for some reason and if i double click a lot i don't even get the "pirate101 is already running on your computer" message
Ahoy!

The same thing happened to me! I recommend to restart your computer like the message usually says. Maybe you didn't close the Pirate101 game properly last time you played it. I recommend to do 'command Q' when you're in the character selection screen when you're done playing.

Erin

Ensign
May 24, 2014
Erin The Buccaneer on Apr 12, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy!

The same thing happened to me! I recommend to restart your computer like the message usually says. Maybe you didn't close the Pirate101 game properly last time you played it. I recommend to do 'command Q' when you're in the character selection screen when you're done playing.

Erin
I tried that but it still wont work

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I see at least three possibilities -

1) You don't have Administrator or Power User privileges to install the game and make patches to the game. In other words, you can't be just a normal user of the computer system.

2) Check the system requirements with what you can see on System Information Screen (Control Panel - System) You might also check to make sure that you have enough space set aside on the hard drive for the cache and, of course, enough space to install and run the game.

3) For one reason or another, your computer's virus/malware protection is not letting the Pirate101 game be run (although I think this should generate an error message).