Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

My Tips for Moo Manchu

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 06, 2011
Ahoy, fellow pirates! I felt the need to share tips of how I beat the Tower of Moo Manchu if you are just starting or struggling. The first floors are pretty easy, and when you reach the rice simulator floor, get all the necromancer pigs, just so they don't critical you. When you reach the Nefarious 5 Floor, keep summoning minions. Also, if you have a Buccaneer and Swashbuckler on your team, gather around the swashbuckler but have the buccaneer in the front and then have the swash use black fog. This way, a nefarious pirate can be halted by the buccaneer, which can be very helpful.

Then for the Terror-Cottas on the next floor, just normally fight them however you think is easiest. In my opinion, the easiest way is to gather around the swash using black fog. After, strike. Soon you'd face Moo Manchu, who is not really that hard. Minions are the most important part of this for distractions and sometimes a head start like they gave me on the Nefarious 5 (They killed 3 of them while my team was still trying to get to them XD). Same strategy with the black fog, but it would be effective to have a swashbuckler use an assassin's strike on Moo Manchu to lower his health. If the swash cannot reach, just leave the team cloaked. After he is very weak, have the team kill the Terror-Cotta which will allow you to finish Moo Manchu off. This is very important to do on your first try at the tower, because I thought I could simply finish him off with Reckless Frenzy which actually killed me instead At this point you should be able to complete the rest.

By the way, always use El Toro for the important levels.

Insincere Iris

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Thank you for starting this post, Insincere Iris! It's a good idea to share insights we've gained from fighting in the Tower of Moo Manchu.
I will add a few ideas of my own; as a swashbuckler I really recommend NOT using Black Fog in the terror-cotta floor, because invariably not all members of the party can get around the swashbuckler in time for use; this leave them as a sitting duck. ( The situation becomes different if there is more than one buckler on the team . )
Using companions with Hold the Line is very useful on this floor, everyone gets Ratbeard and Gracie Conrad, but as a swashbuckler, I like to use my Monquistidor Veteran. I also use him in the fight with Moo ( if he survives floor nine. )
If you're a buccaneer, use Levi before attacking with Reckless Frenzy or ask a privateer ( if there is one on the team ) for a fort or armor.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
We hatess the terracotta warriors, yes we do, my preciousssss.

Whenever I fight them, I try to throw as many summoned crew/critters in their path as possible, so hopefully the TCs will use their hard crits/bladestorms on the summoned fellows. If two TCs use hardcrits/bladestorms on a single crewmember, they can just about put him out in one turn. Did I mention that I hate those guys?

If you have a Musky with rain of mortar shells, that one is very useful against the nefarious five as it can disrupt the charge of either their Bucky or their Swashy for multiple turns, with a bit of luck (if the random push shifts them to the side or back after they set off an explosion).

The best advice I have for dealing with Moo's Tower is to beat the stuffings out of Captain Blood in Miranda until he gives you his coat! (I find that lvl 65 pirate can generally do the Miranda dungeon in about 20 minutes).

-Indigo

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
since all the solid tactical advice i could think of has already been given, I'll simply say that you should have as many heals, buffs, and shields on hand as you possibly can. for the most-part, P101 has a very solid and amiable community. usually, if you help a player out, they are more likely to keep an eye on your back. this happened to me once. i used gallant defense to save a buck's pelican, and later on during the terror-cotta floor he pretty much saved my entire team with reckless frenzy.