Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What type of weapons should a class use?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 02, 2012
This is what I think:

Buccaneer: Smashy Weapons

Privateer: Slashy Weapons

Swashbuckler: Stabby Weapons

Musketeer: Shooty Weapons

Witchdoctor: Staffy Weapons

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Stormy Seth on Apr 2, 2015 wrote:
This is what I think:

Buccaneer: Smashy Weapons

Privateer: Slashy Weapons

Swashbuckler: Stabby Weapons

Musketeer: Shooty Weapons

Witchdoctor: Staffy Weapons
That's fine so far as that goes, but what if the player actually enjoys using a different class weapon? I've seen Swashbucklers use a smashy weapon, I've seen Witchdoctors use a shooty weapon, then there are all the combos available in the game suited to the style of the individual player.
This is what makes P101 a successful game, we're not 'locked' into a certain weapon type. The only thing I object to ( this is only an opinion ) is seeing a melee fighter using a solo shooty weapon or a musketeer using solo melee weapon, but this is because they then lose their class attacks in favor of a non-class weapon.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
I'll be speaking from use of these classes and weapon types and the power manipulation of certain weapons that dont fit these classes

Muskets: If you saw The Feisty Oranges video that was featured you see staffs are just as good for them as guns as long as you use the nefarious staff amd banner combo, bombs are still 6 range so it isnt a huge strat change regarding defense but using this also gives you a better offense tactic then using a shooty weapon

Privateer: Repel boarders is the bane of privateers, landing repel on something with vengeance strike or activating first strike then missing and activating a riposte can be absolutely devastating, which is why i use a staff such as the nefarious staff, since privateers arent fighters it doesnt truly matter what type they use, but for me using this staff grants me an offensive capability, while getting rid of the safety hazard repel boarders is

Swashbucklers: using a stabby lke nefarious knives is great for taking advantage of the high agility but isnt always best, ive seen swashbucklers use the dragon axe and completely destroy the opposition, the axe grants turn the tide rank 1, getting a tidr pet would boost this to rank 2, that on a buckler is truly frightening, but with the axe you also can take damage from its flames which do damage based on your attack, a swashbuckler can truly take advantage of them, if flames activated on a Swashbucklers hidden assassin you could take 1500 damage from the flames alone

Witches: My friend uses melee witch, in a combo with me and my will buffs his assassins do massive damage, his team being witches also results in complete destruction, using guaranteed critcals with this lets him use mojo rising doing even more damage, he sacrifices his spell range but being so close makes up for this, so he can still storm a group if needed

The weapon type a class should use is completely situational, there is no set weapon a class should use, id of put more but im running out of room