Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Suggestions for Privateer companions

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 18, 2010
Ah, Privy companions. Along with the Witch Doctor, they have become the underdog companion class. Rarely anyone uses them exclusively, or even commonly, due to their overlap with Buccaneer companions, at least in my eyes. Ever since the game changing update in May last year (I think), Bucks are just better Privateers, due to having similar stats with the addition of Turn the Tide.

Privateer in and of itself is a support class of pirate, with no other class able to call itself that. Sure, ever class has a varying degree of supportive skills (Hold the Line, Witch Doctor debuffs and the Vulture Spells, Traps, and Black Fog), but Privateers have all of the BIG support spells at their disposal. So most people would think to give our humble Privy companions support spells (Healing, Espirit de Corps, etc) to compensate. However I have an idea that will make it more universal.

I present to you, SUPPORT EPICS!!!!

Focus Target: A target attacked by a Privateer will take extra damage from anything else for a little while.
(This would only apply once and during the hit that says ATTACK! Which means that the hit that the player planned would be the one that caused the effect)

Rank 1: 10% extra damage to target for 2 turns
Rank 2: 15% extra damage to target for 2 turns
Rank 3: 20% extra damage to target for 2 turns

Bolster: Any units around the Privateer would have their weakest stat boosted, essential acting as a critical hit protection and damage weakener depending on who attacked who of course. (Privateer is not affect by their own Bolster boost)

Rank 1: +50% of weakest stat to all units around Privateer. 2 square radius.
Rank 2: +75% of weakest stat to all units around Privateer. 2 square radius.
Rank 3: +100% of weakest stat to all units around Privateer. 2 square radius.

Motivation: A percentage of all damage done by a Privateer in one turn will be sent as healing to all units in a certain radius. (The heal will occur at the very end of the turn. Which means after pets usually move)

Rank 1: 5% of all damage done will heal all nearby allies. 2 square radius.
Rank 2: 5% of all damage done will heal all nearby allies. 3 square radius.
Rank 3: 5% of all damage done will heal all nearby allies. 4 square radius.

For all Privateer companions:

-15% base damage
-15% base magic resist and armor
-10% base accuracy and dodge

Now Privateers can support their captains and crewmates both offensively by making enemies die quicker, as well as defensively by making sure crits don't ruin their day . And with Motivation, you are still motivated () to attack with your Privy so they do as much healing as they can.

The overall nerf to Privateer companions stats is to hopefully discourage incessantly stacking Privateer companions in both PvP and PvE. Even so, they now act as the team clerics, who can now support their team in a slew of ways, so the power nerf should be compensated with utility.

Hope y'all like this idea.

Ensign
Mar 10, 2009
I made a topic about this roughly the same time as you. You can go check it out :D

Ensign
Apr 18, 2010
I actually saw yours before I did this . While it was a good idea, I wanted to differentiate Privateer companions from the others and make them more unique, rather than just give them more stats, more spells, etc.