Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Crashes

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 16, 2013
I open pirate101 on my mac, (in the dock) and right when it initializes, it quits, and i must open it again, but the same thing happens! Simply, I open pirate101, and then it quits before I even see the log-in page! Please help me fix this!

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Ahoy!

Your best place for help would be to send an email to support@pirate101.com.

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Take a look at this forum posting. They appear to have the same problem with a possible fix till you hear from support (support@pirate101.com).

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
OMG! The exact same thing has been happening to me! What support did was they redirected me to senior support, and they couldn't help, so they sent me to Pirate101 code weavers they gave me instructions to fix it because the latest update messed with something i don't know, but I did what the instructions said and it still doesn't work! I want to play pirate again! I'm so sad!!!!!

Catherine Reade
Isabella Reade

Ensign
Jan 31, 2009
I had the same problem on my Macbook pro as soon as I installed the update. I e-mailed pirate101@codeweavers.com and the reply stated that there was something wrong with the update. They sent me this link: https://www.codeweavers.com/about/blogs/caron/2014/11/24/how-to-manually-uninstall-and-reinstall-pirate101-on-your-mac and after I followed the instructions, the game worked for me again! I hope this helps!

~Casey

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
CaseyMaryMcCall on Nov 27, 2014 wrote:
I had the same problem on my Macbook pro as soon as I installed the update. I e-mailed pirate101@codeweavers.com and the reply stated that there was something wrong with the update. They sent me this link: https://www.codeweavers.com/about/blogs/caron/2014/11/24/how-to-manually-uninstall-and-reinstall-pirate101-on-your-mac and after I followed the instructions, the game worked for me again! I hope this helps!

~Casey
I use a mac book pro to but my "library folder" never shows up. I followed those directions and well no luck.

Ensign
Jan 31, 2009
TheHoodooQueen on Nov 28, 2014 wrote:
I use a mac book pro to but my "library folder" never shows up. I followed those directions and well no luck.
Make sure when you click "Go", you are holding down the "Option" key as you do so. If you do not hold down the "Option" key, the Library folder will not show up.

~Casey McCall

Ensign
Feb 16, 2013
TheHoodooQueen on Nov 28, 2014 wrote:
You can find library folder by following these steps:

1. Open Finder, look at the menu all the way at the top left of your screen, where it says "Finder" (and Go,File,Edit and etc.)

2. Click "Go"

3. PRess the Alt (or Option) on your keyboard, it should pop up

Ensign
Feb 16, 2013
I tried the CodeWeavers' method of reinstalling it, but I can't empty my trash because it says "com.kingsisle.pirate101.plist is in use" and it shows me the option to continue the emptying of the trash, but it doesnt do anything.

Ensign
Jul 31, 2009
Tried the uninstall and reinsintall method, but it still just does a self forced shutdown every time I try and start it up.
Any other ideas?

Ensign
Jun 28, 2009
Ensign
Dec 06, 2013