Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Fleets/Mini-Ship Companions Idea

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
Ok so we all know that The Armada has fleets of ships while us Pirates only have our one, what about adding ship companions to the game? Of course they would be nowhere near the size or strength of our main ships but they could help in combat. I was thinking maybe have up to 2 ship companions, one buffs our main ship while the other damages our target? Maybe have 2 ship companions in each world?
i.e.
Skull Island:
Water Mole Canoe(Increases accuracy by 5 every 30 seconds)
Wharf Rat Raft(deals 4 damage to the enemy, 85% in close range, 65% in long range)

Also we would need some trustworthy companions to control these ships, so I was thinking why not be able to put companions on the ships, these companions would not be able to join battles as they are on the ships, but these companions give the small ships stat boosts? Like making Bonnie Anne the captain would increase that ships accuracy by a certain amount depending on her promotion rank? These companions would also be able to aid you in combat during ship battles but only if you lose one of your companions during the battle? Maybe add that they might find ship equipment while sailing on these smaller ships?

What do you guys think?

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Hmmmmm, I agree with this idea, but it would take a good few months of work on KI's part to get it done. Some small skiffs and frigates to help us would be nice! I have 123 companions, so I could get a few ships like that full on companions!

Petty Officer
Jun 17, 2013
Yar,I think this is a a pirate-tacular idea!But maybe we could just buy them at the major ports,or even better,there could be an entire island created for it.The island could also have more than that like clothes and ship upgrades.Also,maybe when you become max you can have a clone of your ship.Anyway,the island would have a area of dry docks where you could test them out on test ships hovering around the island and there would be ships for every world,even ones that you cant buy for your pirate normally.Anyway, Loyal Gaspar Radcliffe out.60 Musketeer

Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
Noble Tyler Strong on Nov 20, 2014 wrote:
Ok so we all know that The Armada has fleets of ships while us Pirates only have our one, what about adding ship companions to the game? Of course they would be nowhere near the size or strength of our main ships but they could help in combat. I was thinking maybe have up to 2 ship companions, one buffs our main ship while the other damages our target? Maybe have 2 ship companions in each world?
i.e.
Skull Island:
Water Mole Canoe(Increases accuracy by 5 every 30 seconds)
Wharf Rat Raft(deals 4 damage to the enemy, 85% in close range, 65% in long range)

Also we would need some trustworthy companions to control these ships, so I was thinking why not be able to put companions on the ships, these companions would not be able to join battles as they are on the ships, but these companions give the small ships stat boosts? Like making Bonnie Anne the captain would increase that ships accuracy by a certain amount depending on her promotion rank? These companions would also be able to aid you in combat during ship battles but only if you lose one of your companions during the battle? Maybe add that they might find ship equipment while sailing on these smaller ships?

What do you guys think?
Well, I don't know. However, if the idea of fleets were to be thought through a little more critically, it could turn out to be a good idea. But other than that, I see no need for these things.