Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Nefarious 5 Drops

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
Since the test realm has now come live, we are using real money on the second chance chests, and on my first run, I got Moo Manchu's Staff of Power for WD! (WOOT!)

Then I ran downstairs to try the Nefarious 5's chest, and got 2 of the Bucc's axe. It is useless on my WD since I cannot use it.... why am I not allowed to trade it to my Buccaneer Pirate?

I would love if you guys would make all of their drops tradeable since its a very long tower and it would take literally forever to collect all of their things on each of my pirates for what they need.

Other than that great update!!!

Johnny - Pirate101 Community Leader
Developer
The Nefarious Five weapons are not class restricted.

An item that you choose not to use because it is not optimized for you is not "useless."

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
Yeah, I agree, and considering just how long and annoying and frustrating this particular dungeon instance can be at times, I think that it would only be fair to allow the stuff to be traded to our other pirates as well.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
Pirates o the Spir... on Sep 3, 2014 wrote:
Since the test realm has now come live, we are using real money on the second chance chests, and on my first run, I got Moo Manchu's Staff of Power for WD! (WOOT!)

Then I ran downstairs to try the Nefarious 5's chest, and got 2 of the Bucc's axe. It is useless on my WD since I cannot use it.... why am I not allowed to trade it to my Buccaneer Pirate?

I would love if you guys would make all of their drops tradeable since its a very long tower and it would take literally forever to collect all of their things on each of my pirates for what they need.

sadly this is not the case, just like with the other items ratbeard mentioned earlier
he has no plans to change the items from NO TRADE

I asked him earlier about changing some items from no trade because they were useless on the pirates they managed to fall into...a max swashbuckler with an item that gives first strike? useless (until later of course)
but what he said was that the extra drops were like a "cherry on top" for the rare gear and they have to be earned separately, not passed down like some family hairloom (or something along those lines)

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
I have the same issue! I hope KI changes the policy.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I'm going to take everyone of my six max level pirates through that Tower, and have a blast doing it! What I don't need/can't use will be converted to gold.
You see, that Tower is there to keep us from getting bored and to keep our skills sharp. If these items become tradable, then there's no reason for you to take another pirate through.
I aim to get that Foo Lion pet!

Bosun
May 10, 2010
Ratbeard on Sep 3, 2014 wrote:
The Nefarious Five weapons are not class restricted.

An item that you choose not to use because it is not optimized for you is not "useless."
I don't think the OP was talking about just the weapons Ratbeard. My swashbuckler got a piece of musketeer only gear that is no trade, so hence, it is "Useless" well, of course you can sell it to a merchant for gold, but that is its only use.

The OP means, if you take each class, meaning 5 classes, and multiply that by the amount of gear drops for each class, and the chance that each type of gear has, why would KI ever make it to where you go another classes gear? Even if you got only your class of gear, you would still have to do 10 or more runs through this 2 hour dungeon to maybe, and that is only a slight maybe, get all the gear for your class.

Since KI is allowing gear drops from all classes, multiply that by 5, which because you have more chances to get the same drops of many other random gear, is more like a multiple of 25.

Now, only 2 places in this dungeon have class only gear drops, those are the 2 4 person loot chests in the hallways. Those are nice, but what happens when you lose someone due to connection problems, or they "had to go"? That is so unfair to the other 3 players, because they will not be allowed to open those 4 person loot chests and get the good loot.

I love the update, love the dungeon, I am not complaining, just voicing a concern as the OP is.

Ensign
Feb 17, 2013
Pirates o the Spir... on Sep 3, 2014 wrote:

I agree, and just to add on top, during the last week of the test realm my buccaneer got the five's musketeer weapon that was marked for musketeers only and non-tradable. How is that not considered "useless", when there is no possible way for me to get any use out of it?
This has continued to happen during the live version too, now my musketeer keeps getting gear made specifically for other classes and they are no-trade.

Ensign
Jun 22, 2009
I am hoping in the future that Ratbeard will at least consider the possibility of paying an obscene amount of gold (180,000 or so?) to put a Nefarious item in the trade bank and also paying the same amount to take it out. That way, we would be able to equip our Musketeers with the Novablaster and not have to let our Buccaneers keep shooting themselves in the foot!