Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Game won't go past level 53?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 16, 2012
Trying to get some help for my son. His pirate is stuck on level 53. All his other pirates under level 53 play fine. Any help would be appreciated.

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Ahoy,

I'd love to help you out, but will need a little more information. Could you clarify what you mean by "stuck"? Are they unable to log into the game?

If so, it would be best if you were to send an email to support@pirate101.com so that they can assist you further.

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Gunner's Mate
Nov 21, 2010
ianspetshop318 on Sep 1, 2014 wrote:
Trying to get some help for my son. His pirate is stuck on level 53. All his other pirates under level 53 play fine. Any help would be appreciated.
welcome to the message boards ian
is your membership active if not he cant go past lvl 53
maybe the xp isnt high enough to lvl up yet
or maybe he might have a glitch
darling mark bristol lvl 65

Ensign
Oct 16, 2012
All the characters work except for the pirate at level 53.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
If he doesn't have any more main line quests (denoted by a Gold Chalice on the quest icon), then you definitely need to contact support by either using the Help Menu above (the Orange Question Mark) or e-mailing them at support@pirate101.com . You will need to include the name on the account and which Pirate is having this problem. Also, include, if you can, what the Pirate was last doing, the quests that still need to be completed, and, hopefully, the last few quests completed.

If you have any of the quest information, publish that here and the Pirates will be happy to help you out if they can.

Good Luck.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Here is a good question not yet asked:

Are you a subscriber, or do you play using crowns?

If a subscriber, I would say, yes, you have a glitch and need to contact support.

If a crown player, you probably need to purchase more crowns and open the next chapter. This would explain, perfectly, why all your other pirates under level 53 are fine.

There is another possibility, that there is some quest that needs to be completed (a promotion quest, perhaps?) before you can advance. One possibility at that the side quest that needs to be completed is a promotion for Bonnie Anne or Ratbeard that should have been completed in Port Royale (both of whom have promotions in Marleybone). Could it be that you have encountered this additional promotion and the game, expecting the first to have already been completed did not know what to do?

Ensign
Oct 16, 2012
Thank you everyone for your responses. He is an active member.

I asked him all the questions - but, he cannot yet read, so he can't tell me what quests, etc. And I am completely lost in space:) I did send an email to the support address and still haven't heard anything. I will contact them again.

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
ianspetshop318 on Sep 2, 2014 wrote:

I asked him all the questions - but, he cannot yet read, so he can't tell me what quests, etc. And I am completely lost in space:) I did send an email to the support address and still haven't heard anything. I will contact them again.
Hello again,

If you've contacted support please be patient and give them anywhere from 24-48 hours to respond. They are very busy and will get back to you as soon as possible. Opening multiple tickets, however, may slow down and confuse the process.

Thanks for your patience!

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
ianspetshop318 on Sep 2, 2014 wrote:

After the Pirate has been selected, you've pressed Play to enter the game, and the game has loaded, press 'q' to bring up the quest journal. This will tell you what quests still need to be completed. Quest icons with a Gold Chalice in the corner is a Main Line Quest and must be completed to continue on with the adventure. Quest icons with a map and a knife through it are side quests and these are nice to complete to get experience, Naval Experience, Companions, etc.

Will you let us know what quests still need to be done?