Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Best gear for max swash?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 19, 2012
Hello fellow pirates! I recently reached max lvl. and I was wondering what the best gear might be any suggestions would be helpful thanks!
Annoying Gavin 65

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
Da Swashbuckler on Jul 11, 2014 wrote:
Hello fellow pirates! I recently reached max lvl. and I was wondering what the best gear might be any suggestions would be helpful thanks!
Annoying Gavin 65
Hey Da Swashbuckler!

Gear all depends on how one fights and their battle strategy. A gear on one Swashbuckler may not really work for another if they battle differently or use different companions.

So if I may, I will provide some examples of Swashbucklers and what type of gear they should use. ( IE: The power that a no auction gear may give. )

Some Swashbucklers like to buff for a turn or 2 to get their damage or critical chance up. For example, some Swashbuckler like to use Grand Shadowdance on round 1 followed by a big agility buff like Great Juju or Sky Spirit to themselves and to companions who use agility. This way, they increase their own damage and critical chance as well as surrounding companions buffed by a Great Juju, or Swashbucklers/Musketeers who get buffed by a Sky Spirit. As such, you know a Swashbuckler cannot get neither a Great Juju nor a Sky Spirit naturally, so they farmed gear that gave them such powers to use.

See what I mean? The only way, for me at least, to give ya some pointers is if you tell me a bit about how you battle usually.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I'll tell you what I have currently equipped and where I got it ( if I remember )

Esperanza Devereaux level 65 swasher
Hat: Gladiator's Gallea ( from Empire bundle ) +8 agility, +10 accuracy, +6 dodge, +6 magic resistance, +11 base armor: gives power - Revive
Jacket: Gladiator's Outfit ( also Empire bundle ) +9 agility, +6 accuracy, +6 dodge +12 base magic resistance, 23 base armor; gives talent - Flanking
Shoes: Kleftis Sandali: ( dropped in Aquila ) +11 dodge, +64 health
Weapons: Blades of Shade ( Cadmus, Caves of Ruin ) 213 base weapon power, +7 armor, +20% armor penetration.
Accessory: Eye of the Incal ( Tribal Pack ) +8 armor, +88 health
Totem: Painted Marble Statue ( bought in the bazaar ) +7 dodge, + 64 health
Necklace: Centurian's Talisman ( bazaar ) +7 dodge, +64 health
Ring: Centurian's Ring ( bazaar ) +79 health
Pet: Muffin level 62 mega loyal Coral Widow, grants - Brutal Charge

Darcy Abbott level 65 swasher
Hat: Lofos Gothicus ( drop from Captain Pluton ) +12 agility, +11 base armor, gives power - Vicious Charge
Jacket: Arms of Atalanta ( Labyrinth ) +79 health, +41 magic resistance
Shoes: Chaotic Knimis ( got by Scavegin' ) +8 weapon power, +12 dodge, gives power - Revive
Weapons: Blades of Shade ( see above )
Accessory: Eye of the Incal ( ditto )
Totem: Painted Marble Statue ( ditto )
Necklace: Legionnaire's Talisman ( bazaar ) +7 dodge, + 63 health
Ring: Legionnaire's Loop ( bazaar ) same stats as above
Pet: Hunter level 65 mega loyal Scrimshaw Drake has Jobu's kiss as one of his attacks.

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
well, there are alot of opinions on this, but for rings charms and totems i just search the bazaar.
for my outfit, i use the chaotic cloack, which gives me +8 damage, +18 armor, and a critical hit ability.
for my shoes, i use the shoes of faunus, which gives me +8 damage, +12 dodge, and valor's fortress.
i have not found a really excellent hat yet, but i use the Argonaut's crista, +10 agility, +7 damage, +11 armor.
as for the most important thing, your weapon, i use the blades of shade, a really rare drop from cadmus.
they give +213 damage, +7 armor, and +20% armor penetration. so yeah. enyoy.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Concentrate on items which increase your agility and accuracy. Avoid strength and will unless you are building a special team. While Buccaneers like smashy weapons, Swashbucklers prefer slashy weapons.

Swashbucklers are also low on health and armor, so you might want to boast that, or increase dodge, which helps them avoid getting hit in the first place.

Hope that helps.

Ensign
Jan 19, 2012
Well i use Zeena with Overwatch,Burst fire 2,Return fire,and double tap.Samocles with first strike,riposite 2,and renlentless 2.Hawkules (did he mention he is the son of Zeus?)with turn the tide,vengenge strike 2,and flanking 2.

at the beginging of battle I use grand shadowdance I send Samcoles and Hawkules to make a "Wall" then i send Zena behind the "wall" after the opposing team moves I target the witchdoctors and musketteers on the other team,by the time we kill the witchdoctors and Musketteers most or all the melee mobs will be at low green or lower

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
Da Swashbuckler on Jul 16, 2014 wrote:
Well i use Zeena with Overwatch,Burst fire 2,Return fire,and double tap.Samocles with first strike,riposite 2,and renlentless 2.Hawkules (did he mention he is the son of Zeus?)with turn the tide,vengenge strike 2,and flanking 2.

at the beginging of battle I use grand shadowdance I send Samcoles and Hawkules to make a "Wall" then i send Zena behind the "wall" after the opposing team moves I target the witchdoctors and musketteers on the other team,by the time we kill the witchdoctors and Musketteers most or all the melee mobs will be at low green or lower
Ah, then you'll probably want some gear to provide as support for Samocles and Hawkules, something like Valor Fortress. Great Juju would also come good into play when you send your companions to the front line, as it will increase their damage, providing further support to Zeena as she shoots em down with her arrows.

Here is a hat that provides a Valor Fortress Power.

And an outfit that provides a Revive power card, which heals a companion a massive amount and adds a healing effect for 2 turns for whomever you healed.

Some boots to provide an extra Assassin Strike, in case one of em doesn't show up.

2 Eyepatches that provide different powers. I will link them both so you can choose based on preference.

Eyepatch A & B

Since you have a lot of potential support gear, I figured I'd toss in a totem to provide another strike, Back Stab. But, if you still are interested, there is another totem that provides Valor's Fortress.

A charm to provide ya with a Great Juju, very useful in buffing all types of companions and pirates.

And a ring, just to toss in some extra agility.

Tell me whatcha think.

Ensign
Aug 06, 2013
Hi everyone I want to know whats the best gear for a maxed out swashbuckler. (particularly with the assassins strike or increased agility powers.) Thanks a lot and HAPPY SWASHBUCKLING!