Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Funny/Ironic Names

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
MistyDragon13 on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
Hello, my fellow Pirates! *Hands out yum and cake*

Well, the title says it all. Have you seen any Pirates with funny or ironic names out in the Spiral? Some of the ones I've seen or made up are:

Hannah Abbott (Harry Potter character)
Lily Evans (Harry Potter's mom)
Ulysses Grant
Martin Freeman (plays the character of Bilbo Baggins in the Hobbit)
Tim Burton
Charlotte Webb
Tiny Tim
Morgan Freeman
Honest Abe
Chris Cringle
Sam Underhill
Charlie Gordon (Flowers for Algernon)
Daniel Radcliffe
Holly Webb (author)

What are some that you've seen?
My second pirate is named Taylor Taylor! XD
I have never seen another pirate with her name...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Unkind Benjamin Wright, yes, almost like "Unreliable Benjamin Wright" of the Nefarious Five. He wore the same
clothes, had the nefarious Nova Blaster and the moustache. Plus the glowing red eyes.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2014
I wonder If you could have Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, and Ron Weasley as your pirates. That would be so amazing!!!

Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2014
autrison12 on May 3, 2015 wrote:
What about Gordon Ramsay?
LOL I love that show so much!

Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2014
Mark Laveer on Jul 23, 2015 wrote:
This is an assortment of very awkward names I have found on my voyages:

"Underhill" (Just put a Mr. in front of it.)
"Scarlet Johansson"
"Adam West"
"Ian Groot" (Say it out loud.)
"Austin Moone" (From Wizard101 and returning in Pirate)
"Able Edward"
"James Carter"
"Golden Fred" (Please no...)

I will post more later.

Boucan do it!
Oh My Gosh! Ian Groot sounds like "I am Groot" from Guardians of the Galaxy!

Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2014
anecorbie on Aug 28, 2015 wrote:
And did you also note that the name of his ship is El Sombrero Amarillo? For those you don't speak Spanish the boss' name translates as : Curious George; and the ship is The Yellow Hat.
Are you serious Kingsisle must have either done that on purpose or they did it on accident... that's is so funny LOL

Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2014
Okay... I keep seeing everyone posting Bloody Mary on the message board... that's a really creepy name.

Ensign
Jul 12, 2013
I don't know if these have been posted yet, but I have seen:
-Patrick Star
-Luke Skywalker

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
Billy bones. From treasure island and also has the "y" and the "ones" from "davy jones" so it's a 2 in 1 reference.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
This name is always good for a laugh whenever I see it: FAT BUTA The Inoshishi pigs of MooShu usually have one show up in a battle.

Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
Being a HUGE basketball fan I found 2 names of present basketball players and one other:

Avery Bradley (Celtics)
Isiah Thomas (Celtics)
Michael Jordan (Bulls, greatest basketballplayer of all time)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I saw a Grace Kelly in test realm! ( Unfortunately, Gene isn't an option for guys )

Ensign
Nov 09, 2012
anecorbie on Mar 22, 2016 wrote:
This name is always good for a laugh whenever I see it: FAT BUTA The Inoshishi pigs of MooShu usually have one show up in a battle.
I actually saw one when I was doing a Tower run! I can't believe nobody pointed that out in the battle!

Anyway, Cool Ranch has plenty of ship names that are good to laugh at. I ran into these Frogerales ships BOTH sailing around next to each other in Santo Pollo Skyway:
  • "Pollo con Queso" (It means "Chicken with Cheese")
  • "Queso del Gallo" (It means "Cheese of Rooster")

This happened to me twice! I also saw more ships with funny names:

1. "Togrtuga Loco" (Crazy Turtle)

2. "Taco con Queso" ("Taco with Cheese" I'm sure Kingsisle did this on purpose.)

3. "Matador loco" ("Crazy Killer" That's definitely not what I'd name my ship.)

And last, but not least... (Drum roll)... Rana del Muerte! It means "Frog of Death". This could be like a reference to the Duck of Death. Well done with the silly names, Kingsisle!

Faithful Caitlin Strong Level 65 (Can't play the test realm because it freezes too much.)

Commodore
May 31, 2009
So after getting into some more fandoms (and forced reading for school) I've discovered a few more names that can be created:

Frank Devereaux- Supernatural character in season 7
Black Sebastian- Sebastian Michaelis from Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji, whatever you want to call it
Sharon Carter- Marvel character
Jeremy Renner- actor of Hawkeye in Marvel films
Chris Evans- give him a red white & blue flag and he'll be Captain America (Wow, that's actually a really good triple pun...why didn't I think of that earlier?!?)
Anthony Strong- This one's a stretch but "strong" in German is "stark" so...Tony Stark, Iron Man, haha?
Jeremy Finch- Full name of Jem from To Kill a Mockingbird

Ya know, I had a couple more to share, but I forgot them while typing this up. Curse my terrible short-term memory...

Ensign
Nov 09, 2012
Here's another name (Or names...) to chuckle at! My main Deathstalker Scorpion's name is: "PRINCESS GUMMY!"

My other Deathstalker Scorpion's name is much more ironic than "Princess Gummy" (I have two scorpion pets!). When "TINY CUDDLES" hatched inside my backpack, it took me a couple of days to notice how silly the name was...

There aren't many other names I can think of because most of them have already been posted. I'll try to think of more funny names.

Faithful Caitlin Strong

Have a nice day!

Ensign
Nov 18, 2013
I honestly forget why I named this Swashbuckler this:
Honest Morgan Morgan
...People have asked why I have 2 Morgans.

Questioning my own sanity,
Honest Morgan Morgan, level 65 .

Ensign
Jun 02, 2013
My Swashbuckler's name is Mousy Malik, who I brought the mouse companion Malik on!

Ensign
Nov 09, 2012
Here's a name that I just saw in Avery's Court: "Skinny Jean"!

Petty Officer
Jul 21, 2013
On wizard101 I have seen Luke Skywalker and Patrick Star.

Ensign
Jan 14, 2015
Donna Noble - one of Doctor Who's companions
Luke Evans - actor who played Bard the bowman in The Hobbit, Shaw from the Fast and Furious movies and will be Gaston from the upcoming live action remake of Beauty and the Beast
Emma Thompson - actor who played Nanny McPhee and Professor Trelawney from the Harry Potter films.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
The other day I saw a pirate with the name Tall Oliver Tolliver.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
furborn74 on Jan 24, 2016 wrote:
Okay... I keep seeing everyone posting Bloody Mary on the message board... that's a really creepy name.
...its also a drink

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Ensign
Jul 17, 2014
MistyDragon13 on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
Hello, my fellow Pirates! *Hands out yum and cake*

Well, the title says it all. Have you seen any Pirates with funny or ironic names out in the Spiral? Some of the ones I've seen or made up are:

Hannah Abbott (Harry Potter character)
Lily Evans (Harry Potter's mom)
Ulysses Grant
Martin Freeman (plays the character of Bilbo Baggins in the Hobbit)
Tim Burton
Charlotte Webb
Tiny Tim
Morgan Freeman
Honest Abe
Chris Cringle
Sam Underhill
Charlie Gordon (Flowers for Algernon)
Daniel Radcliffe
Holly Webb (author)

What are some that you've seen?
I am such a Harry Potter and Percy Jackson fan so when I see a reference I friend them no matter if they are level 1