Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Fan submissions

AuthorMessage
Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Hey-yo! Lizzy here, and I've got a question. I have a few pages of fan fiction (which I plan on submitting a page at a time for the next few months), some fan art (a drawing of Elizabeth, inspired by the thread The Masked Ball of Padova), and dozens of screenshots, all of which I would like to submit to Player Creations. Problem is, when I click on the link community@pirate101.com, it only takes me back to the page that I was on. Example: I'm looking at the fan art page, and when I click the link, it takes me to the fan art page. Same thing with the other two. Is this the way it's supposed to be? If not, what do I do about it, and how do I submit my creations?

Thanks!

~ Elizabeth ~

Administrator
Hiya! "community@pirate101.com" is an email address. Simply type up an email, attach your creations as directed, and send them to that email address. Usually if clicking on a "mailto:" link such as community@pirate101.com doesn't bring up your email program automatically, it could be that your web browser settings are set to not allow this.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Captain
May 16, 2011
*Nods* Interesting, guess I know how to submit if I ever do. Can't wait to check out your creations, Lizzy!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Thunder Hawk on Mar 7, 2014 wrote:
*Nods* Interesting, guess I know how to submit if I ever do. Can't wait to check out your creations, Lizzy!
Me too. I am very curious as to what you have for us to enjoy. Kudos to you for having the confidence in your great work and the trust in us to allow us to enjoy it.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
One-Eyed Jack on Mar 6, 2014 wrote:
Hiya! "community@pirate101.com" is an email address. Simply type up an email, attach your creations as directed, and send them to that email address. Usually if clicking on a "mailto:" link such as community@pirate101.com doesn't bring up your email program automatically, it could be that your web browser settings are set to not allow this.
Thanks for letting me know! I have a few follow-up questions...

#1 - I believe my account is under my mom's e-mail address, though I plan on submitting my stuff with my own. If this won't work, I can send it from my mom's, though I'd like to know if there's any difference.

#2 - Is there a limit as to how many fan stuff of mine I can submit? Example: Those dozens of screenshots... do I need to submit them three at a time in a few different e-mails, or is all at once fine? Also, do I need to separate my work into different categories, such as having an e-mail about fan art, another e-mail about fan fiction, and another about my screenshots?

#3 - Reading about submitting my fan stuff... it says I should include my character name. In what way would you like me to do this? My e-mail(s) could say "Fan Art by Elizabeth", or I could sign in the actual art, or in my writing, say "The Machine - by Elizabeth" at the beginning of the document? Eh, I'm confuzzled. (Btw thanks for teaching that word to me, Hank -- I've had plenty of use for it in real life. XD)

Aside from all of the questions (), I have a little info about my submissions.

For my fan art, my drawing of Elizabeth... I lost the original a few weeks ago, though not before I could get a picture of it on my mom's phone (hence the blurriness of the upper right area and the redness from the artificial light that I took the picture in. This really stinks, as I was going to add a few finishing touches). I drew it completely by hand (except for Lizzy's signature, which I'm using a paint program to add), and used two different types of pencils, a kneaded eraser, and a school eraser (all of which I lost along with the art and some of my other supplies and drawings).

As for the writing, this is Lizzy's future -- I imagine her to be about 21, whereas in the game and roleplays she's 14. A lot's changed since then, my friends.

Thank you for supporting me, guys. I really appreciate it, as I'm quite anxious and excited about submitting my work. I'm glad that you, Hank and Chrissy, are looking forward to checking out my fan stuff. It makes me happy to know that there's someone out there who's as excited to check it out as I am to submit it.

~ Elizabeth ~

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Just Add Bacon on Mar 10, 2014 wrote:
Thanks for letting me know! I have a few follow-up questions...

#1 - I believe my account is under my mom's e-mail address, though I plan on submitting my stuff with my own. If this won't work, I can send it from my mom's, though I'd like to know if there's any difference.

#2 - Is there a limit as to how many fan stuff of mine I can submit? Example: Those dozens of screenshots... do I need to submit them three at a time in a few different e-mails, or is all at once fine? Also, do I need to separate my work into different categories, such as having an e-mail about fan art, another e-mail about fan fiction, and another about my screenshots?

#3 - Reading about submitting my fan stuff... it says I should include my character name. In what way would you like me to do this? My e-mail(s) could say "Fan Art by Elizabeth", or I could sign in the actual art, or in my writing, say "The Machine - by Elizabeth" at the beginning of the document? Eh, I'm confuzzled. (Btw thanks for teaching that word to me, Hank -- I've had plenty of use for it in real life. XD)

Aside from all of the questions (), I have a little info about my submissions.

For my fan art, my drawing of Elizabeth... I lost the original a few weeks ago, though not before I could get a picture of it on my mom's phone (hence the blurriness of the upper right area and the redness from the artificial light that I took the picture in. This really stinks, as I was going to add a few finishing touches). I drew it completely by hand (except for Lizzy's signature, which I'm using a paint program to add), and used two different types of pencils, a kneaded eraser, and a school eraser (all of which I lost along with the art and some of my other supplies and drawings).

As for the writing, this is Lizzy's future -- I imagine her to be about 21, whereas in the game and roleplays she's 14. A lot's changed since then, my friends.

Thank you for supporting me, guys. I really appreciate it, as I'm quite anxious and excited about submitting my work. I'm glad that you, Hank and Chrissy, are looking forward to checking out my fan stuff. It makes me happy to know that there's someone out there who's as excited to check it out as I am to submit it.

~ Elizabeth ~
I too can't wait to see your talents on display, Lizzy.

Whether it be art, screenshots or writings (or all of the above), I am always eager to share in someone's excitement of presenting the world (or Spiral) with what they have to offer in the form of creativity. I too love to draw and write poetry, short stories or just complete somewhat thought out madness. There are a lot of talented people here on the boards and it is wonderful that you are willing and wanting to give all of us a glimpse of what compels you to create and put your heart and soul into something that you are passionate about.

Along with all of the others, I can't wait to see and read your work. Thank you in advance for sharing it with all of us.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Good news: I just submitted my fan creations. I'm super excited and kinda nervous about it, though for all of my submissions I did the best that I could and I feel satisfied with my work. I hope you do too. ;)

As for my questions, one of them was answered simply by re-reading the submission guidelines (Is there a limit as to how much I can submit?). The other two I'm still unsure about, though I know I'll find out in the future. I submitted six fan photos (beautiful glitch in Mooshu, a picture of Beachhead, my character in front of The Machine [Foreshadowing my writing! XD], a monkey from Diablo Cut in a lighting glitch, a picture of the inside of Skull Mountain, and of The Sirens.)

I signed my fan art (~ Elizabeth ~), so that you'd know which picture was mine, and this is the only picture that I've submitted into fan fiction, though there will probably be more to come in the distant future.

And, for my writing, I submitted a couple of pages of the story (The Machine by Elizabeth), and I don't think I'll submit the rest until we do actually journey into said clockwork camp, just to make sure that the rest of my story is accurate.

Thank you so much for supporting me, guys. You've made me less nervous and more enthusiastic, and your cheering me on has given me that final push that I needed to submit my work. Hopefully, you'll be able to see it very soon.

~ Elizabeth ~

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Just Add Bacon on Mar 22, 2014 wrote:
Good news: I just submitted my fan creations. I'm super excited and kinda nervous about it, though for all of my submissions I did the best that I could and I feel satisfied with my work. I hope you do too. ;)

As for my questions, one of them was answered simply by re-reading the submission guidelines (Is there a limit as to how much I can submit?). The other two I'm still unsure about, though I know I'll find out in the future. I submitted six fan photos (beautiful glitch in Mooshu, a picture of Beachhead, my character in front of The Machine [Foreshadowing my writing! XD], a monkey from Diablo Cut in a lighting glitch, a picture of the inside of Skull Mountain, and of The Sirens.)

I signed my fan art (~ Elizabeth ~), so that you'd know which picture was mine, and this is the only picture that I've submitted into fan fiction, though there will probably be more to come in the distant future.

And, for my writing, I submitted a couple of pages of the story (The Machine by Elizabeth), and I don't think I'll submit the rest until we do actually journey into said clockwork camp, just to make sure that the rest of my story is accurate.

Thank you so much for supporting me, guys. You've made me less nervous and more enthusiastic, and your cheering me on has given me that final push that I needed to submit my work. Hopefully, you'll be able to see it very soon.

~ Elizabeth ~
Thank you for the update Elizabeth...can't wait to check out your talents on display. I will keep an eye out for the fan art, writing and your screenshots- you can bet on that. And since you did your best and are happy with the results, then that is what matters the most. I am sure that you did a fantastic job and we eagerly await the 'unveiling'. Great job and we are all proud of you.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Thanks for the heads up and the tips on what to look for. Well done, brave pirate. I can't wait to see your view of the Spiral.

Captain
May 16, 2011
Just Add Bacon on Mar 22, 2014 wrote:

~ Elizabeth ~
Just as Valkoor said, the update makes me unable to wait to check out your submissions any longer! If I know your writing skills, Lizzy, the future Lizzy's journey into THE MACHINE should be great. The screenshots sound great too. Just one question..... Is your story told in first person, or third person? Hopefully you can give us a "sneak peek" of your story. Can't wait!

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Thunder Hawk on Mar 23, 2014 wrote:
Just as Valkoor said, the update makes me unable to wait to check out your submissions any longer! If I know your writing skills, Lizzy, the future Lizzy's journey into THE MACHINE should be great. The screenshots sound great too. Just one question..... Is your story told in first person, or third person? Hopefully you can give us a "sneak peek" of your story. Can't wait!
Wow, thank you! I feel so happy that you guys are so enthusiastic for my work. Though, a little embarrassed... I just realized that in my last post, when I was describing the fact that I signed my name in my fan art, I wrote that that was the only picture that I was submitting into fan fiction, when I meant fan art. Lol, oops.

And Hank, in regards to the request for a "sneak peak", I will respond with this: "That would be telling..." , though I will give you some elements of the story to look out for when you're reading it.

For starters, never once in the fan fiction is my character referred to as Lizzy, only Elizabeth. I love the nickname Lizzy, and being called this, because I feel that the name Lizzy is light and carefree, childish, maybe. This is why in her future, she isn't referred to as Lizzy. She's quite different than her fourteen year old self, though there are traces of her past in her mannerisms and actions, as well as thoughts and desires.

Secondly, I used many elements from the roleplays, and in Roleplay IV especially, I specifically foreshadowed. I also quoted something that Anne said in Roleplay II, and had future Elizabeth travel to a place that hasn't been touched since that roleplay, along with mentioning The Masked Ball of Padova and lightly connecting future Elizabeth's concerns with what happened in that story. Along with this, I foreshadowed in The Siege of Sivella, with my other character, Anne Abbott, the witchdoctor. I also mention a certain pirate prodigy who runs a business empire in Valencia that is clockwork-inspired...

Lastly, answering your question, it's written in third person (though I restrained from second person, breaking the fourth wall, as this tends to give a story a light and humorous air), except for her thoughts, which are italicized, and they are first person.

If you have any other questions, I would be happy to answer them! I'm so glad that you're interested in my fan submissions, as that is more than I could have hoped for.