Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

eggs

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Apr 15, 2010
mooshu is based off of CHINA and japan and in china the last name comes first so egg shen's name is shen but egg comes first so are egg shen and egg foo young related?

kai sawkins level forty

Community Leader
I don't believe so, normally they'd be related if their last name is the same, but who knows what the Pirate101 Team have in store for us, eh?

Visit Adventures of the Spiral today for tips and tricks on how to improve your gameplay.
Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
the purple captian on Feb 18, 2014 wrote:
mooshu is based off of CHINA and japan and in china the last name comes first so egg shen's name is shen but egg comes first so are egg shen and egg foo young related?

kai sawkins level forty
I don't think KI was paying attention when they did that. But who knows?

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
Egg Shen is also a character from a movie called "Big Trouble in Little China" (gotta love KI and their references). Egg Foo Yung is a Chinese dish, and they probably had his last name "Young" to make it seem more like a name than a meal. I don't think KI meant for them to be related; they just have the name first names like how you see a lot of "Jack" characters around. Funny how these names were also mentioned on a popular thread called "Easter Eggs".

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
If you look at the names of the characters in Mooshu, they are surname last, as in Western style (as a lot of Asian people working with Westerners today do as well). I was uncertain in the game myself for quite some time, as KI was still working on putting NPC names in Mooshu for some time (indeed, in the fan-fic I wrote at the time I named Mooshuian characters in the traditional Asian way, as I did not know then which name form would be most typical. But I now realize it generally seems to be family name last)

It is such a pleasure, by the way, to see well-thought out Asian names for the host of NPCs, and I would extend my compliments on such thoughtfulness to Marleybone (where a lot of literary & British Isle history names crop up) and Aquila (where I notice especially a lot of minor character names from oodles of Classical Greek myths).

Captain
May 13, 2011
if you find out someone somewhere else in the earth has the same last name as you, are you related?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Sneaky George Quar... on Feb 19, 2014 wrote:
if you find out someone somewhere else in the earth has the same last name as you, are you related?
Probably not as there are a lot of common names. When surnames first started to be used it was just a description of what you did. Such as John the baker became John Baker. There could be some surprises there but most of the time I suspect it is just common usage of a name when they were first being used.