Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Will we ever be able to class change?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 23, 2012
Hi, I really don't like witch doctor and i'm level 31 and I don't really want to start a new one is there any way that we can class change later on? I'll even pay crowns for this process Faith

Ensign
Dec 26, 2012
You know I also wish I was a different class I have bought so many companions that I also even do not want to start a new one either. Sadly though like your flag color and emblem it is set in stone you cannot change it.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
You can make multiple characters and no you cannot

Captain
May 13, 2011
only way would be to create a new pirate. its impossible to change a class on the same pirate

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Faith the Witchdoc... on Jan 12, 2014 wrote:
Hi, I really don't like witch doctor and i'm level 31 and I don't really want to start a new one is there any way that we can class change later on? I'll even pay crowns for this process Faith
Hi Faith, Welcome to the message board family.
If you are tired of being a witchdoctor, please just start a new one. I know it seems like you will be losing time but each time you journey through as a different class the game will be very different. You will have different crew members and promotion quests and different class skills in your crew. It goes really fast and I just had a blast each time I went through the starter areas again and got to enjoy all the fun all over again but from a different perspective that made it really refreshing. After a bit you may want to catch back up with your witchdoctor and her amazing power and strength. I switch around all the time and love it.

Ensign
Nov 04, 2012
Hi I'm currently lvl. 58 with my and absolutely love him, though I have played around a bit with the other classes and can understand the desire not to have play areas and quests you have already and think the class change feature would definitely be an interesting addition I think it would be very difficult to implement especially at higher levels.The first problem I see is class specific companions which could be rather hard they would have to either let you keep the companions you have and have other pirates wondering exactly why you have companions you shouldn't or they would have to switch out your current class specifics for the relevant companions of your new class which I imagine would be very hard for the developers to get working properly. The second issue I see is that it can take a while to learn how to use each class effectively, so high level pirates would have to adapt very quickly to their new classes playstyle.

Sarcastic Nathan Bristol Lvl 58

Ensign
Jul 06, 2011
just like in wizard101, you will not be able to change you've class once you've begun. you'll have to start another pirate if you really want a different class. this is tough but you can avoid it in the future by testing out all the other classes and seeing which you like best.