Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A chest of chance!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 09, 2013
Hi Kingsile, earlier today, I ran into so many chests, so, my Idea come's here, what IF: chests pour out crowns instead of coins like, very very rare, chests might give you crowns, ranging from 10-110, so, it would spark up the search for chests! but, if crowns won't work, how about rare gear from bosses? like, the odd time, so, finding chests will be fun! so, I hope y'all would like my idea!

Ensign
Nov 14, 2013
Stormshard178 on Dec 18, 2013 wrote:
Hi Kingsile, earlier today, I ran into so many chests, so, my Idea come's here, what IF: chests pour out crowns instead of coins like, very very rare, chests might give you crowns, ranging from 10-110, so, it would spark up the search for chests! but, if crowns won't work, how about rare gear from bosses? like, the odd time, so, finding chests will be fun! so, I hope y'all would like my idea!
I think this is a totally awesome idea. Even if the chance at a chest dropping crowns is super rare, just the fact that you CAN get some from normal gameplay would definitely be a huge incentive!

Awesome idea, Stormshard178!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I think finding chests are quite fun as I do a lot of my financing of training tomes that way, but I really love your idea of cool boss drops from them too. Either that or just fun stuff that we can use or sell. It's just fun ideas to add to the surprise in something we are gonna do a lot of anyway.

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
YES! YES!!!...to qoute m bision.
silver joseph vane

Petty Officer
Mar 29, 2012
Hi,

would be a great idea, and then maybe not only crowns but maybe some house items to, or some gear, you can do allot with them and it increase the surprise factor

Blaze

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Perhaps if you get over 500 gold there is a chance of 1-10 crowns instead of gold.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Great idea.

I have always wondered why the chests that spawn don't at least include the chance of receiving gear or housing items- or maybe even a pet here and there. Crowns would be super nice too but I would be more than happy with just receiving something other than gold every once in a while. Maybe KI figures that we already receive those items when defeating enemies and is just trying to help out with gold.

Also does anybody know if there are any rewards given for finding a certain amount of chests. I know that you can earn badges but it would seem that there should be some type of bonus awarded for earning those badges. My pirate is about 15 chests from receiving the badge where you have to find 500 chests and I thought it would be nice if you got more than just a badge for all the searching.

Maybe that is where KI could reward your efforts with crowns. Give gold and gear until you hit the next treasure chest badge milestone. When you reach and activate the badge maybe they could reward you with crowns based on the level of the badge. Just and idea to add to yours.

Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
This is a great idea! In my opinion. I would definitely be more interested in treasure hunting. To get crowns from a chest would have to be very rare, however.

Have a Piratey Holiday! Lvl 65