Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

crown payment for promotion?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 19, 2013
Dear KI, I am confused and sad to see that the majority of my companions can only be promoted through crown payment. Why is this. Knowing ones crew is of the up most importance to form a tight effective crew. I love the side missions to promoting my crew. Bonnie Anne was such a thrill finding out about her life. It saddens me to not be able to find out about my crew. I hope that this will change

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
sky seeker on Nov 9, 2013 wrote:
Dear KI, I am confused and sad to see that the majority of my companions can only be promoted through crown payment. Why is this. Knowing ones crew is of the up most importance to form a tight effective crew. I love the side missions to promoting my crew. Bonnie Anne was such a thrill finding out about her life. It saddens me to not be able to find out about my crew. I hope that this will change
This must be a new feature they've added (first i'm hearing of it), but I'm sure you can promote without crowns if you have active membership either through a membership card or through the online membership...

Administrator
sky seeker on Nov 9, 2013 wrote:
Hi! This is not the case. All Companion promotions that are not quest-based are paid in Gold, not in Crowns. I'm curious as to what made you think it was to be paid in Crowns?

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Aug 19, 2013
I was mistaken, it is gold. I would still like to see promotions by quest rather than gold. Sorry about the mistake.