Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Done button bug

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 19, 2010
When I am choosing what skills to use during battle and change my mind then unclick the done button to switch moves the battle continues on before I get a chance to change with plenty of time left on the clock. Pleeeeeeeeenty of tiiiiiime. This how ever happens almost all of the time. Should I just stop changing my mind cause this has been going on for a loooooooong time. Please respond. Lol right

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
This particular bug has happened to me too. I thought it was just me not really paying attention to the clock, but since I have talked with you I do feel I am not as inattentive as I once thought.

Ensign
Jan 19, 2010
At first I thought this might have been a latency issue but I have tried it on a 5mbps line and a 50mbps. Lots of these bugs smell like lag but really aren't

Administrator
Heya! Our testers are asking for a little bit more information:

• Was this single player or multiplayer?
  • If multiplayer, which player are you in the order of multiplayer? (first, second, third, or fourth)
  • Have the other players also clicked the Done button?

As a side note, internal testers have noted there technically is no "Undone" button. If you'd like to change a command during multiplayer combat, simply select the unit you want to change on the battleboard and reassign the command. In essence, it sounds as if you're using the Done button for something that wasn't intended, but if there is a bug for this unintended use, we'd like to investigate it a bit more.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Oct 15, 2013 wrote:

• If multiplayer, which player are you in the order of multiplayer? (first, second, third, or fourth)

As a side note, internal testers have noted there technically is no "Undone" button. If you'd like to change a command during multiplayer combat, simply select the unit you want to change on the battleboard and reassign the command. In essence, it sounds as if you're using the Done button for something that wasn't intended, but if there is a bug for this unintended use, we'd like to investigate it a bit more.
I think I see your point Jack about using it for an unintended purpose. If I have clicked done then by watching the actions of the other players (seeing what dots show up) and I have a new idea or I want to back up another player's move, I realize that all I have to do is to click on my character to bring up his move options again and change it. This works fine if not everyone else has clicked done. Once all the done buttons are clicked the clock stops counting and the choosing phase is over. I click the done button again to keep the timer going if the time has not been all used up. Then I have as long as the normal game time to re-think my move. If I don't click the done button again and I am in the process of clicking on my character and haven't chosen their new move yet, when that last player clicks done, the turn progresses even though my character hasn't finished re-choosing and thus that character is skipped in the round because a play hasn't been selected for them.
I know this can sound confusing. When all "Done's" are selected, time stops even though there could have been more time to chose, and play progresses to the animations. We have been re-clicking that done button to let the timer know that we aren't done choosing our moves and have changed our minds about an early progression to the animation phase. This is when the skipping and stuff happens, we have told the game we are changing our minds about using the allowed time and it, at times, the game computer seems to have a problem with it and someone loses a turn.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Oct 15, 2013 wrote:

Additional info to last post:
This only happens during multiplayer since when you are alone, if you hit done, the clock always stops and it goes to the animation phase. There is no way to change your mind when alone. Done is done.
If there is a slower thinker in the group I can change my mind with no problems since all the done's have not been clicked.
This is happening when, lets say there are three players, Player one has chosen and clicked done. Player two chooses and clicks done. Player three is still thinking, and there is still lots of time on the clock. Player one or two decides to make a change and re-clicks the done button to (hopefully) keep the timer going and clicks on the character they want to change their move on. Before they chose that move, player three clicks done. Even though player one or two is still in the process of selecting a move and hasn't clicked their done button for the third time, the timer stops and the game progresses to the animation phase and the character that was in the process loses their turn because their hit was deselected and another wasn't selected to replace it.

I sure hope this helps.

Ensign
Jan 19, 2010
First Mate
May 01, 2012
I would like to see a modification to the Done Button (this would affect multi-player fights only). When first pressed, it would change to the Waiting and still count down like it does now. If we pressed it to change our actions, it would revert to the Done and still count down like normal but, since we are now in the Wait state (when the button shows Done), the action would continue only when all players had pushed Done on the button (not pressed Done and reset to change their actions) or the timer runs out.