Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Walk In Shadows doesnt work properly anymore

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Dec 22, 2009
Hey All,

Is it only me, or has ever since the test realm got Impledented on DEC 12th, Walk in the shadows 1/2s the damage of the sneak attack series...

My current damage was 148-201 with assasins strike (probably most powerful melee attack in the game) this is what happens:

I have done test and it does it everytime. I used Walk In Darkness, then Shadowdance, then I attacked a Weasel gambler who was 7 levels below me, he was a musketeer so he could not have that much; if any at all; armor. I hit 82, 82, 82 ,82 critical!!!! This is absurd! And it happens as long as I use any kind of walk in the shadows. Normally without any damage amplifiers, I will hit 122, 122, 122, 162 (give or take a few 10s) and if it is critical, it will hit about 242, 242, 242, 244. so therefore with walk in the shadows and critical it should hit around 480, 480, 480, 502. This is very high damage, but we are talking about the most powerful attack in the entire game as well as class.

Anyone else share my predicament and understand what I am saying? If this was not intention KI, I humbly ask you guys to please fix it, it has greatly hampered my swashbuckler strategies.

Angel Devereaux

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Hey :)

I think you may have fought a mob that had a damage cap on it. I noticed the same issue with the Duck with no Name were I simply did not hit anywhere near enough with a critical as I thought I should have.

Try to fight several other normal mobs, and see if you get the same exact results. If that is the case, maybe a certain damage cap may have been implemented for all mobs. Which in that case, it is a downright shame. But keep testing on different mobs.

I employ the same type of tactic you do. Hide, Shadowdance, hit.

Ensign
Jun 22, 2009
If you were fighting a boss several levels below you it probably lowered your damage. When i fight fin dorsal on my level 50 my assassin's strike total damage is only 66.

Petty Officer
Dec 22, 2009
Shiningfantasia on Dec 15, 2012 wrote:
Hey :)

I think you may have fought a mob that had a damage cap on it. I noticed the same issue with the Duck with no Name were I simply did not hit anywhere near enough with a critical as I thought I should have.

Try to fight several other normal mobs, and see if you get the same exact results. If that is the case, maybe a certain damage cap may have been implemented for all mobs. Which in that case, it is a downright shame. But keep testing on different mobs.

I employ the same type of tactic you do. Hide, Shadowdance, hit.
Hey Shiningfantasia,

I am glad to hear that, I have seen few people using my attack techniques in P101, I dont know why, because that attack sequence is a logical and good one for swashbucklers, but hey, everyone is different.

Also, I dont think its a cap, because YES, I do know about the cap. For example: Fin Dorsal in the gullet has a cap of 128 - flat like that. But its not, because I can use "backstab" in the same scenario as posted about and it will work perfectly. So its not the caps, but I do acknowledge those caps.

Thanks for your Feedback :D

Angel Xiriga

Ensign
Mar 10, 2009
Yep, same deal here. I'm a lvl 17 Swash, and I have sneak attack as well as a critical strike from a hat (Fin Dorsal) My critical strike does double the normal damage when shadowed, as it should, but sneak attack is not doubled. My normal sneak attack averages around 55 each of the 2 hits. When shadowed, it only does like 70-90 per hit, when it should be doing a minimum of 110ish per hit if shadow truly doubles your damage. A few select times, NOT fighting a lower level boss but regular mobs near my level, my shadowed sneak attack has only done like 35 per hit. Now thats a bug. Sigh..