Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why we are teenagers EXPLAINED!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 16, 2011
Have you ever wondered why you're always 15 or 16 in p101? Wonder no longer!!!

The answer is in the first puppet show, Yum-yum fruit.

Avery says that "yum yum fruit the most precious commodity in the spiral, it can cure disease, grant strength, and even restore youth, witch is nice." So we turn 15-16 every time we eat yum yum fruit.

I hope that that solves some questions!

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
But what would be our actual age? Wouldn't our companions be affected by yum too?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DayOldMuffin on Feb 11, 2016 wrote:
Have you ever wondered why you're always 15 or 16 in p101? Wonder no longer!!!

The answer is in the first puppet show, Yum-yum fruit.

Avery says that "yum yum fruit the most precious commodity in the spiral, it can cure disease, grant strength, and even restore youth, witch is nice." So we turn 15-16 every time we eat yum yum fruit.

I hope that that solves some questions!
Perpetually 15 - 16? Such an awkward age, who would chose to remain an adolescent forever? The pimples, the squeaky voice and other embarrassing trade marks of the non - adult.
Of course, the true explanation is that KI doesn't want the hassle of imbedding a program that ages you automatically each year you play P101 ( gosh, I'd be 18 - 19 by now!)
Fun explanation though ( raises a tankard of yum ) Here's to perpetual youth!

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
Hi why does everyone think that the Pirates and wizards in the games are 15 to 16? They don't look that to me they look like they are a little younger I really don't think they look like teens maybe preteens maybe just turned teens but full teens? Why does everyone think that????????????? Kingsisle if your reading this could you please tell us how old the characters are suppose to look please

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
silver swordcoral on Feb 11, 2016 wrote:
Hi why does everyone think that the Pirates and wizards in the games are 15 to 16? They don't look that to me they look like they are a little younger I really don't think they look like teens maybe preteens maybe just turned teens but full teens? Why does everyone think that????????????? Kingsisle if your reading this could you please tell us how old the characters are suppose to look please
Wizards do look as if they're about 12 years old, but Blind Mew confirmed in one of his posts ( sorry don't know which one ) that we pirates are between 15 - 16 years old.

Lieutenant
May 07, 2009
Honestly, my pirates would be teens/tweens either way. But this does make a little sense.

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
anecorbie on Feb 11, 2016 wrote:
Wizards do look as if they're about 12 years old, but Blind Mew confirmed in one of his posts ( sorry don't know which one ) that we pirates are between 15 - 16 years old.
Oh thanks anecorbie I don't know why but it bothers me a lot when everyone thinks all characters are in their teens or something not sure why but thanks a lot for telling me

Lieutenant
May 07, 2009
anecorbie on Feb 11, 2016 wrote:
I thought he said between 12 and 16?