Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Meeting the Nefarious 5 later on in the story?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 25, 2010
I just thought of something. For when we next face Moo Manchu, he will probably become extremely powerful and almost unbeatable. (Who knows? Maybe he'll learn Shadow magic and become insane.) We may need help to defeat him, so who better than the former Nefarious 5?

They were promised power, strength and the like, and instead they were put under the control of Moo and became his puppets. So obviously, they would be pretty mad - I would be too. They could help us, and perhaps one of them would join our crew.

What do you guys reckon?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Jasmine the Wizard on Nov 17, 2015 wrote:
I just thought of something. For when we next face Moo Manchu, he will probably become extremely powerful and almost unbeatable. (Who knows? Maybe he'll learn Shadow magic and become insane.) We may need help to defeat him, so who better than the former Nefarious 5?

They were promised power, strength and the like, and instead they were put under the control of Moo and became his puppets. So obviously, they would be pretty mad - I would be too. They could help us, and perhaps one of them would join our crew.

What do you guys reckon?
I reckon not. I don't want a human companion, it would ruin my unique standing on my crew and the Nefarious Five are nefarious for a reason - look at their names - these are not nice pirates; they would probably try to take over the crew, I don't want to deal with a traitor in my midst.
They got what was promised, I don't think they would be mad at Moo at all ( at us, yeah, because we beat them, so they wouldn't join us for that reason. )
Shadow magic needs the basic knowledge of "real" magic, something that Moo as a Witchdoctor has no knowledge of, you must stop thinking of witchdoctors as a variety of wizard - it's an entirely different step up.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
What about all the people who drank the potion are they not listed as nefarious too?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
anecorbie on Nov 17, 2015 wrote:
I reckon not. I don't want a human companion, it would ruin my unique standing on my crew and the Nefarious Five are nefarious for a reason - look at their names - these are not nice pirates; they would probably try to take over the crew, I don't want to deal with a traitor in my midst.
They got what was promised, I don't think they would be mad at Moo at all ( at us, yeah, because we beat them, so they wouldn't join us for that reason. )
Shadow magic needs the basic knowledge of "real" magic, something that Moo as a Witchdoctor has no knowledge of, you must stop thinking of witchdoctors as a variety of wizard - it's an entirely different step up.
Well aren't they only nefarious because the drank the potion? Their monikers were probably given by Moo Manchu (kinda like Darth Vader in Star Wars)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fearless Finnagan on Nov 18, 2015 wrote:
Well aren't they only nefarious because the drank the potion? Their monikers were probably given by Moo Manchu (kinda like Darth Vader in Star Wars)
No, I think they were nefarious before they drank. The Elixir of Power was only to enhance their abilities - I sure wish we could see their stats while under the influence of the elixir. In fact has anyone checked the stats of a drinker during the Nef - 5 battle? And was there any change to their stats?
I can imagine a sort of medical warning attached to the elixir:
Warning; while drinking the Elixir of Power guarantees that you'll be stronger, faster, more accurate, irresistibly charming and spooky, there are unintended side effects - as hypnotic slavery to the administrator of said elixir & red, irritated eyes. Do not use heavy machinery or drive mount until you know how the elixir may affect you. There is a chance of addiction causing a desire to use the elixir more than once. Avoid nefarious, sorcerous cattle as this may be harmful to your health.

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
Jasmine the Wizard on Nov 17, 2015 wrote:

What do you guys reckon?
Great idea Jasmine! Although the fact of having one of them on our crew may seem a little bit of the overpowered sort but hey, back to the drawing boards as they have said! I think this would be a cool idea although i argue we may not see Moo manchu for a long time

plot twist: instead of troggies low levels have to fight moo manchus lol