Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

always wondered...companions that knew our parents

AuthorMessage
Captain
Sep 19, 2012
was curious why when we meet an npc or a companion that was close to our companions..why we rarely or never get any juicy stories from them about our real parents? I mean if they were close friends be neat to hear an occasional comment..mundane like "o your have your father's intense gaze" or "your mother was spunky like you" etc..even to- "o your mom was born on (fill in the blank) world"..or "your father used to say ..." they met one day in the summer at the Grand Spiral Fair which was hosted in Mirage that year"...etc or even "I met your dad when he was only a ..." "heard your mother say once that she was from a long line of wizards" "your dad was a traveler and we had some epic adventures" etc
even be neat to hear one of them allude to our foster parents too..like "o your momma bear (if GH as example)grew you up strong! your parents would be pleased to see how much you've grown since..."
anybody else ever hope or expected them to say some sort of story or comment?
ty for listening,
stormy jen silver

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
stormyjensilverdra... on Nov 5, 2015 wrote:
was curious why when we meet an npc or a companion that was close to our companions..why we rarely or never get any juicy stories from them about our real parents? I mean if they were close friends be neat to hear an occasional comment..mundane like "o your have your father's intense gaze" or "your mother was spunky like you" etc..even to- "o your mom was born on (fill in the blank) world"..or "your father used to say ..." they met one day in the summer at the Grand Spiral Fair which was hosted in Mirage that year"...etc or even "I met your dad when he was only a ..." "heard your mother say once that she was from a long line of wizards" "your dad was a traveler and we had some epic adventures" etc
even be neat to hear one of them allude to our foster parents too..like "o your momma bear (if GH as example)grew you up strong! your parents would be pleased to see how much you've grown since..."
anybody else ever hope or expected them to say some sort of story or comment?
ty for listening,
stormy jen silver
In the Motherlode Mine, when we discover the photograph of our mother and Marco Pollo's crew there a comment runs like - "She went to El Dorado? Why didn't you say so!" and our Presidio companion says "She never mentioned it."
But beyond recognizing us as the child of their old captain when we meet in the Presidio, we never hear any mention of our parents, which is sad.
I know that if I were an orphan, I'd sit that companion down and get every bit of information on my parents as I could.

Ensign
Jun 20, 2013
That's what I've always been hoping for. I mean, in the game, your Presidio 5 companion and Catbeard both knew something about our parents, not to mention buccaneers when they get Argos the Cyclops as well. Heck, we even meet Egg Fu Yung and Captain Avery, both individuals who know about our parents too. There's even a khurga in Marleybone that recognizes our parents. Can't we just sit down with one of those people and ask some questions?!.......maybe KingsIsle will do that in the next story expansion........I hope so, anyway.....

Ensign
Nov 23, 2013
I've been playing the game for two years and never realized this. I never paid much attention to dialogue, but now I remember quite a few characters who knew the player's real parents. They always alluded to them, but never said anything straight out. How frustrating! Being surrounded by many people who knew your parents, but never say anything about them! But I think that KI wants to keep the mystery of your parents, well, a mystery, with the only exception being how they died.