Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ranked PvP major issue (Matching and Ranking)

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Nov 21, 2010
Hello everyone,

I wanted to point out the issue I am experiencing in Ranked PvP feature lately.

I am currently paying for p101 monthly sub even if I have all areas in the game bought with crowns. The reason behind this is Ranked PvP. I love this feature and I am enjoying it, accordingly I am also willing to spend money on it.

One thing that is really bugging me is the rarity of the matches. Sometime I wait up to 2 hours before I am matched. I think that at this moment PvP community is small in p101 and there needs to be some changes to address that.

1. Matching should be based on level, not ranking. Many times while I am waiting to be matched, I see 65 lvl players that are in queue for 1v1. I still don't get matched because we are probably not the same rank. Even when I get matched at some point, after that match, I end up waiting for another match, also up to 2 hours. I get bored after that and log out. In order to play I try and visit the Brawlin' Hall in different time frames. Players are there, but I am still getting matches rarely. I am lucky if I get to play 3 matches per day. I believe that this is wasted money.

2. Rank points should be static. Why? My goal is to reach Champion on many pirates as fast as I can. At this point when I lost match I am loosing between 18-20 points, and when I win, I am gaining between 10-14 points. So, when I loose two matches in a row, I need approx 3 matches to win my points back. And with current matching system, where I am rarely getting matches, it is impossible to compensate for the looses. This might not be an issue if I would get matches often.

I experienced all I have written here, during the week when I didn't had to go to work. Now, when I have to go to work and I have far less time for playing games, I wonder if I even should buy subscription, since, at this rate, I won't get to play any matches at all.

While I am writing this, I am currently waiting for a match. It has been 30 minutes so far, and I am in a room with lvl 65 player who is in a queue for 1v1, just like me.

If you could make this happen ASAP for the time being, that would be wonderful This applies for both 1v1 and Battle Royale.

Sincerely,
Stubborn Duncan Freeman

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
Duncan StormThief on Oct 29, 2015 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I wanted to point out the issue I am experiencing in Ranked PvP feature lately.

I am currently paying for p101 monthly sub even if I have all areas in the game bought with crowns. The reason behind this is Ranked PvP. I love this feature and I am enjoying it, accordingly I am also willing to spend money on it.

One thing that is really bugging me is the rarity of the matches. Sometime I wait up to 2 hours before I am matched. I think that at this moment PvP community is small in p101 and there needs to be some changes to address that.

1. Matching should be based on level, not ranking. Many times while I am waiting to be matched, I see 65 lvl players that are in queue for 1v1. I still don't get matched because we are probably not the same rank. Even when I get matched at some point, after that match, I end up waiting for another match, also up to 2 hours. I get bored after that and log out. In order to play I try and visit the Brawlin' Hall in different time frames. Players are there, but I am still getting matches rarely. I am lucky if I get to play 3 matches per day. I believe that this is wasted money.

2. Rank points should be static. Why? My goal is to reach Champion on many pirates as fast as I can. At this point when I lost match I am loosing between 18-20 points, and when I win, I am gaining between 10-14 points. So, when I loose two matches in a row, I need approx 3 matches to win my points back. And with current matching system, where I am rarely getting matches, it is impossible to compensate for the looses. This might not be an issue if I would get matches often.

I experienced all I have written here, during the week when I didn't had to go to work. Now, when I have to go to work and I have far less time for playing games, I wonder if I even should buy subscription, since, at this rate, I won't get to play any matches at all.

While I am writing this, I am currently waiting for a match. It has been 30 minutes so far, and I am in a room with lvl 65 player who is in a queue for 1v1, just like me.

If you could make this happen ASAP for the time being, that would be wonderful This applies for both 1v1 and Battle Royale.

Sincerely,
Stubborn Duncan Freeman
I completely agree, matches should be made comparing levels not rank. If you go by rank, you'll have a much higher chance of getting a dead match than a worthy one. Great post Duncan! I back you up!