Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What was the hardest place in Cool Ranch for you?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 26, 2012
My hardest place was Port Regal even though it's technically not in Cool Ranch but it's apart of the storyline, I mean, it was a struggle facing TWENTY ships with only a Bison Frigate, Fort Elena was getting me annoyed haha!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Definitely Miranda - I went through before they shortened it...

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Before many changes were made, many places in Cool Ranch were formerly difficult to progress through. Thank KI they made so many changes! Now, it's almost like it's smooth sailing(hint, hint) in Cool Ranch's places.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Like someone said prior to the 2014 spring update, Cool Ranch was a very tough world to play through.It used to take over an hour to complete most of the quests.It took my Older pirate characters 7 months to finish this world, compare to my younger pirate characters it only took 3 months to finish.

When I was a lower leveled , the Hardest place ever played was the Miranda Dungeon.Believe it or not it took over an hour and a lot of efforts to finish that zone. Enough for me to grab a can of soda or a bottle of water and a bowl of chips or a small box of raisins while playing this zone.That zone was the ultimate test and was meant to test our pirate character(s) limits.

Now it's just a walk in the park for my younger characters. There goes my bottle of sarsaparilla and my bowl of cool ranch doritos. ( No pun intended )

Ensign
Apr 26, 2012
Yeah, Cool Ranch has gotten a lot easier ever since, I started it with no stagecoach whatsoever, it took me 12 days for my Swashbuckler to finish it. (Yes, I have no life)

Petty Officer
Oct 31, 2012
Before KI changed it and made it easier. Hidden Valley Ranch was pretty difficult at lower levels without doing any side quests first. Its a rather long dungeon once entered 5-6 fighting rounds so a lot for 12-15th level players.

Ensign
Oct 11, 2015
the bumblaloons were the hardest for me. very tough. after that i was all good

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
They changed a lot about Cool Ranch in the update that nerfed most dungeons into being easier. My hardest part before the nerf was definitely Dusty Arroyo Cave or Miranda since the cave had 9 battles and Miranda, you would always get pulled.

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
Monkrinx2024 on Oct 30, 2015 wrote:
Like someone said prior to the 2014 spring update, Cool Ranch was a very tough world to play through.It used to take over an hour to complete most of the quests.It took my Older pirate characters 7 months to finish this world, compare to my younger pirate characters it only took 3 months to finish.

When I was a lower leveled , the Hardest place ever played was the Miranda Dungeon.Believe it or not it took over an hour and a lot of efforts to finish that zone. Enough for me to grab a can of soda or a bottle of water and a bowl of chips or a small box of raisins while playing this zone.That zone was the ultimate test and was meant to test our pirate character(s) limits.

Now it's just a walk in the park for my younger characters. There goes my bottle of sarsaparilla and my bowl of cool ranch doritos. ( No pun intended )
It took you 7 months to complete? Wow, I no lifed my way through cool ranch in 2 days prior to the update.
To any that might think that is a lie, my old account was made in the beta and now, I have switched accounts, hope that clears it all up.

Ensign
Dec 16, 2011
Bummballoons, hands down

Petty Officer
Jun 19, 2014
definitely hidden valley ranch, i'm long past it now but i still remember thinking about how op montery jack was.

Petty Officer
Sep 02, 2015
Ahoy there pirates!
I played in Cool Ranch after the update. The Stagecoach only cost 15 gold and it was so much easier to get around with. The hardest place in CR would have to be Port Regal, even though i liked going back to Skull Island.

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
Well, Cool Ranch is Childs Play For Me, I deleted all the maxxed out characters and started again because I like Swashbucklers and going to see any differences.
IF I had to choose I'm going to go out and say Maybe The Start of Big Sky, Not Hard, just tedious for me.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
I found the duck of deaths ship the silver stallion so tough that I quit the game for 6 months even when I managed to defeat the ship I would always die having to board him because the lagoonies second chance was op against me

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 1, 2016 wrote:
I found the duck of deaths ship the silver stallion so tough that I quit the game for 6 months even when I managed to defeat the ship I would always die having to board him because the lagoonies second chance was op against me
I FORGOT about this, on my musketeer it took like 5 million tries because the second chance, On my swashbuckler, I had Promoted steele that decided to block frenzy and riposte crit for some reason, AND not activate repel borders while being hidden!
The way I see it, It depends on which class you choose here.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
witchdoctor of awe... on Jan 11, 2016 wrote:
I FORGOT about this, on my musketeer it took like 5 million tries because the second chance, On my swashbuckler, I had Promoted steele that decided to block frenzy and riposte crit for some reason, AND not activate repel borders while being hidden!
The way I see it, It depends on which class you choose here.
Yeah but I was a noob then until I decided to upgrade my ship equipment and use the right companions against the lagoonies

Petty Officer
Apr 04, 2015
For my Buccaneer i'd say Miranda

And witch is The Silver Stallion, IT WAS SO HARD!
I did it like 6 times by dying

Ensign
Mar 23, 2013
Port Regal. We had 2 quests that made us defeat 10 ships

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Though Miranda was shortened, before that when my Swashbuckler went through it, it took a good 3-4 hours!

Ensign
Dec 28, 2015
I only lost companions twice in Cool Ranch. Once during the Froggo Villa fight, and once during, what, for me (at the level I was from only doing story line quests....) was the hardest fight so far in the game (I just defeated the Labyrinth dungeon in Aquila)- Deacon. The only reason I was able to win against Deacon was because, luckily, one of my companions got a relentless, otherwise, I would've lost my pirate, and my last companion remaining when the Armada attacked me next turn.

Gunner's Mate
Jul 08, 2013
Mycin Xanderman on Oct 12, 2015 wrote:
My hardest place was Port Regal even though it's technically not in Cool Ranch but it's apart of the storyline, I mean, it was a struggle facing TWENTY ships with only a Bison Frigate, Fort Elena was getting me annoyed haha!
oh... BOY I could go on for hours talking about this.... Cool ranch was the hardest world for me. Since it was so long and ANNOYING.

I think the winner has to go to the wild bunch gang and the those annoying flying buffalo things...... They were so annoying to deal with.

The flying buffalo things were the reason I took a long break from pirate101. And the wild bunch gang gah.... Those quests were so hard....

Fearless Talon Lewis.