Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Abandoning Unwanted Quests

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 26, 2012
This was suggested a long time ago but I just want this to be a thing.

Can you please make it so you can abandon quests because my whole quest book is filled with quests that give like 10 XP and it really bothers me that my quest book is full, and then if you ever want the quest back, there would maybe be a section of quests you have abandoned, or go back to the NPC that gave the quest.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Mycin Xanderman on Oct 12, 2015 wrote:

Can you please make it so you can abandon quests because my whole quest book is filled with quests that give like 10 XP and it really bothers me that my quest book is full, and then if you ever want the quest back, there would maybe be a section of quests you have abandoned, or go back to the NPC that gave the quest.
There are MMOs that allow this, but, to be honest, you do have the option of 'declining' any quest - except the main story line, of course.

Ensign
Apr 26, 2012
anecorbie on Oct 12, 2015 wrote:
There are MMOs that allow this, but, to be honest, you do have the option of 'declining' any quest - except the main story line, of course.
I do agree, it just bugs me that I have a full quest book with useless quests that won't really help me, but like I said there could be a place maybe in the "My Quests" section where all your abandoned quests, you can get back.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I do agree, it just bugs me that I have a full quest book with useless quests that won't really help me, but like I said there could be a place maybe in the "My Quests" section where all your abandoned quests, you can get back.
Sometimes a 'useless' quest can lead to a better quest with larger rewards in items or exp.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Even though each quest is very little XP, they do add up. Why not do a couple of the side quests when you're in the area working on a mainline quest? You'll clear up the quest log and get some experience and perhaps even a bit more gold.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011

I can understand your frustration. Although in any other MMO it's always wise to do side quests, but in this one particular where some of the sides don't usually have a major impact on the story itself, I'd say there should be something in place where you can remove the lower level quests from your inventory completely (excluding main quests). It doesn't really concern you much anymore if you're a lvl 65 with quests going back to Skull Island, or maybe you're just suckered into a quest that you can't stand because you have to take out the same enemy over and over again, because someone wanted something from their ship and was too lazy to do it themselves...

I personally don't care for side quests much unless I have to do them just to get exp. I'm not a completionist when it comes to MMOs like this, and being lvl 65, I would really like to remove some quests from my pages as well.

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
KI will never implement this feature because of the amount of questions they'd get from players asking where do they get the quest that they abandoned from again.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
A lot of the best dialogue in the game is in side quests. If you never do them, you'll miss out on the goof stuff.

If you have a maxed character with old side quests from Skull Island and Monquista etc., they shouldn't take long at all to clear. Many give nautical experience that lower level pirates desperately need (if only they knew then!) and training tomes, companions you could send on tasks, etc. Going back to do old side quests, you may be able to help lower level pirates who are doing them. That could be fun, and maybe you could make a new friend.

Skipping or abandoning side quests should not be implemented, in my opinion.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Honestly, I think we could just use (and it's due time for) a spruced up, better organized, more user friendly...Quest Sorting System. I personally gobble up every quest I come across and enjoy completing them all-- eventually. Saving up some of those item collecting, enemy defeating, ship sinking ones until I have multiples of the same type of quests. Then at a higher level, I go back and knock them all out in one fell swoop.

But we could surely benefit from a way to better organize our quests. Even though we are pirates, we can still take pride in being organized, right? The option to sort quests could include: World; Book; Location; Main/Side; Reward Sorting (highest XP, Highest Naut. XP, Highest Gold acquired); Quests that reward Companion Training Points....and so on and such.

I've played, and play, lots of other games that allow you to sort your quests in many of these ways, and it sure helps keep better 'tabs' on them. Plus it cleans up the Quest Interface and makes using it a bit less tedious. To be able to open the quest book, click on the sort option and then only have to look at a page or two of quests based on your chosen sort option, would be a great addition to our piratical livelihood(s).

Also, there could be an option to tag certain quests you wish to focus on-- from the default, complete quest list-- and then be able to open up the 'Tagged Quests', sort option and just view those desired quests/quest lines. Or just open and sort, 'Quests By World' or 'Quests By Book' or 'Side Quests' or 'Nautical XP Sort' from a drop down menu, interface.

The default would be just how it is, but for those that wish to be a bit more organized...they would have the ability to only view 1, 2, 3 or 5+ pages of quests when hitting Q, based on how they 'pre-sorted' the quests. Either way, I think some kind of Quest Sort would really be a nice addition for us-- as long as it didn't take away from other more important developments, as far as the game is concerned.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Oct 26, 2015 wrote:
Honestly, I think we could just use (and it's due time for) a spruced up, better organized, more user friendly...Quest Sorting System. I personally gobble up every quest I come across and enjoy completing them all-- eventually. Saving up some of those item collecting, enemy defeating, ship sinking ones until I have multiples of the same type of quests. Then at a higher level, I go back and knock them all out in one fell swoop.

But we could surely benefit from a way to better organize our quests. Even though we are pirates, we can still take pride in being organized, right? The option to sort quests could include: World; Book; Location; Main/Side; Reward Sorting (highest XP, Highest Naut. XP, Highest Gold acquired); Quests that reward Companion Training Points....and so on and such.

I've played, and play, lots of other games that allow you to sort your quests in many of these ways, and it sure helps keep better 'tabs' on them. Plus it cleans up the Quest Interface and makes using it a bit less tedious. To be able to open the quest book, click on the sort option and then only have to look at a page or two of quests based on your chosen sort option, would be a great addition to our piratical livelihood(s).

Also, there could be an option to tag certain quests you wish to focus on-- from the default, complete quest list-- and then be able to open up the 'Tagged Quests', sort option and just view those desired quests/quest lines. Or just open and sort, 'Quests By World' or 'Quests By Book' or 'Side Quests' or 'Nautical XP Sort' from a drop down menu, interface.

The default would be just how it is, but for those that wish to be a bit more organized...they would have the ability to only view 1, 2, 3 or 5+ pages of quests when hitting Q, based on how they 'pre-sorted' the quests. Either way, I think some kind of Quest Sort would really be a nice addition for us-- as long as it didn't take away from other more important developments, as far as the game is concerned.
That would be fine too. The only game that I've ever got really in to (besides this one) was Skyrim and it has a much better Quest Log (I also had a mod that allowed me to delete quests from my journal, but I digress)...

Any who, I still don't see the problem with having the option to remove certain side quests if the player REALLY doesn't want them in there to begin with, but having the option to sort through them, so that you're not literally "flipping" through 15 pages of old quests just trying to get your bearings (I kid you not!), would be a really (I mean REALLY) nice feature to add in one day.

Now I know this might not be top priority, and this probably won't make-or-break the game for anybody if it's added or not, but like I said, it would be nice