Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who is the best presidio companion for a bucaneer?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 27, 2010
On my witchdoctor I loved having Gaspard on my team and on my swash milo was great. My privateer lucky jack was good and My musketeer Birgus was a great addition to the team. I have no clue if dead mike would be great for a buccaneer and if not which presidio companion?

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
I have a dead mike companion on my privateer. He was pretty good up until Marleybone and Aquila. At that level he was constantly targeted by the enemies and died in the first couple rounds. So I didn't use him. At lvl 65 I think he is starting to make. Comeback but will need another promotion before he gets really good. I suggest giving him second chance since he tends to miss a lot. Also give him vengeance strike.

Ensign
Jan 21, 2013
I Beleive it to be dead mike. He is a great damage bases buccaneer who comes with riposte. I would say the crab dude (I forget his name) due to his more Buccaneer like epics, but he just gets blocked and dodgeg all the time to the point where I am covering my eyes (I have him on my witch). Also dead mike works very well in companion builds for buccaneer questing, not Pvp. So If you want someone for Pvp i would honestly go with gaspard de vole. He is op on my swaahbuckler and would be on buccaneer too!

Good Luck with your Companion Hunting

Au Revoir,

JackThePirate

Petty Officer
Apr 04, 2015
p101lover on Jun 14, 2015 wrote:
On my witchdoctor I loved having Gaspard on my team and on my swash milo was great. My privateer lucky jack was good and My musketeer Birgus was a great addition to the team. I have no clue if dead mike would be great for a buccaneer and if not which presidio companion?
i am a buccaneer, and i have dead mike. I actually never use him, but he could be a good damage dealer if you ask me.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
There are potential upsides to all three of the Buck companions, both battle wise and personality wise. If you want someone who can boost off the same thing you do, choose any of the three and make your decision based off whose epics you think are the best (Both Gaspar and Mike have the same epics I think but I'm not sure). If you're straight-up just looking for someone good in a battle, choose Jack because holy moly is he good. I have him on my Privateer and I used to criminally underrate him. If you give him BS2 and Relentless 2 and enough Will Boosts, you can just sit back and watch him chain like he's a Buck. Out of the three Buck companions I'd either go for Mike or Gaspar. Gaspar has the best crit animations/crit music, and Mike is the most interesting.