Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New Hybrid Found: Punk Fish

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
You can obtain this new hybrid, Punk Fish, from TWO Glowfishes. Yep you heard it right. Go figure. Decius, is this for real? The Punk Fish (Slimy) Egg is navy blue with bright green color.

PS: If anyone knows who originally found this fish, let us know. We're curious who did!

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Nice find!Who in their right mind would've thought of putting two identical pets together with hopes of getting a hybrid?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Kelsey Fireheart on Jan 31, 2015 wrote:
You can obtain this new hybrid, Punk Fish, from TWO Glowfishes. Yep you heard it right. Go figure. Decius, is this for real? The Punk Fish (Slimy) Egg is navy blue with bright green color.

PS: If anyone knows who originally found this fish, let us know. We're curious who did!
Well, isn't that amazingly ironic? A hybrid produced by two hybrids, & from the same type, not from different ones! That's some strange pet morphing! Still, a cool discovery. Keep up with these great discoveries!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
The Hoodoo Master on Jan 31, 2015 wrote:
Nice find!Who in their right mind would've thought of putting two identical pets together with hopes of getting a hybrid?
Tee-hee Felix. Lots of not right people in their right mind morph same type hybrids together. I do it all the time when I finally get a hybrid (or any other pet) to max pedigree. That way you can get 4, 5, 10 or more of the same type of hybrid, guaranteed, and thus have a better chance of one of those manifesting some fantastic traits. I have morphed maxed Fire Lizards, Ice Lizards, Horned Toads, Paper Dragons and other hybrids, with their same hybrid types, dozens...and dozens...and dozens of times, just because I know that I will get it back, plus better odds of amazing traits showing up on that specific hybrid. Hopefully, I will stumble upon a hybrid from same type hybrids this way. Congrats to whomever was not in their right mind who discovered this odd little punky hybrid-- it's pretty cool.

But Felix, I'm still not in my right mind, of that you can be most certain!

Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
But I do not understand. It was confirmed a long time ago that hybrids cannot produce hybrids. But now it seems like that had been refined... Is this only an exceptional thing, or is this something new? I'm just curious if something of this scenario would ever happen again?

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Scurvy Anthony Wal... on Feb 1, 2015 wrote:
But I do not understand. It was confirmed a long time ago that hybrids cannot produce hybrids. But now it seems like that had been refined... Is this only an exceptional thing, or is this something new? I'm just curious if something of this scenario would ever happen again?
It was confirmed when advanced pets came out that hybrids could not produce more hybrids. Then about 3 months ago I said they were now fair game, as Hep and I got more and more hybrids in.

Congrats on finding the punk fish my wonderful pet happy friends! That is just one of the many that have still be be discovered.

Community Leader
Decius Duelmaster on Feb 2, 2015 wrote:
It was confirmed when advanced pets came out that hybrids could not produce more hybrids. Then about 3 months ago I said they were now fair game, as Hep and I got more and more hybrids in.

Congrats on finding the punk fish my wonderful pet happy friends! That is just one of the many that have still be be discovered.
Thought so. Just had to check. My question now is though.. Are there more pets that are produced from hybrids or did we already find them all?

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Kelsey Fireheart on Feb 2, 2015 wrote:
Thought so. Just had to check. My question now is though.. Are there more pets that are produced from hybrids or did we already find them all?
Like bananas in Monquesta, there are bunches.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 31, 2015 wrote:
Tee-hee Felix. Lots of not right people in their right mind morph same type hybrids together. I do it all the time when I finally get a hybrid (or any other pet) to max pedigree. That way you can get 4, 5, 10 or more of the same type of hybrid, guaranteed, and thus have a better chance of one of those manifesting some fantastic traits. I have morphed maxed Fire Lizards, Ice Lizards, Horned Toads, Paper Dragons and other hybrids, with their same hybrid types, dozens...and dozens...and dozens of times, just because I know that I will get it back, plus better odds of amazing traits showing up on that specific hybrid. Hopefully, I will stumble upon a hybrid from same type hybrids this way. Congrats to whomever was not in their right mind who discovered this odd little punky hybrid-- it's pretty cool.

But Felix, I'm still not in my right mind, of that you can be most certain!
I always knew you were in the left.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Decius Duelmaster on Feb 2, 2015 wrote:
Like bananas in Monquesta, there are bunches.
Ooh, that is great to know...but now an even more important question begs to be asked-- are there any hybrid or pet pairings that actually make a banana? Cause that would be quite a-peeling, sorry had to slip that one in there- pretty bad, I know.

But just in case there ever were to be a pet banana, I'll go ahead and put my request in now for adding the new name option of Chiquita. And if there should ever happen to be a pet banana down the windlane, please don't make it Like or Love any snacks from Monquista-- that just would...not...be...right!

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Feb 3, 2015 wrote:
Ooh, that is great to know...but now an even more important question begs to be asked-- are there any hybrid or pet pairings that actually make a banana? Cause that would be quite a-peeling, sorry had to slip that one in there- pretty bad, I know.

But just in case there ever were to be a pet banana, I'll go ahead and put my request in now for adding the new name option of Chiquita. And if there should ever happen to be a pet banana down the windlane, please don't make it Like or Love any snacks from Monquista-- that just would...not...be...right!
No, I think he's dropping a hint, but as I was too late to get this when it came out, we may have found it, but who knows, it may still be out there...