Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Faster Stronger and Smarter then any Living being

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
So i was just re-watching the armada puppet show again and I heard the line "kane is stronger, faster, and smarter then any living being. I was thinking about how some people on the forums thought this would mean that you would use your undead companions to beat him, and I thought of this: Why not get help from your parents? They are dead, that is basically confirmed and they called you to el dorado. So why not you get help from your parents maybe even get one of them as a companion (though this is unlikely) to fight kane.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Voodoo Cornelius on Jan 9, 2015 wrote:
So i was just re-watching the armada puppet show again and I heard the line "kane is stronger, faster, and smarter then any living being. I was thinking about how some people on the forums thought this would mean that you would use your undead companions to beat him, and I thought of this: Why not get help from your parents? They are dead, that is basically confirmed and they called you to el dorado. So why not you get help from your parents maybe even get one of them as a companion (though this is unlikely) to fight kane.
I think that it is unlikely that the stress on "living being" means anything except to denote the difference in Kane ( an automaton or robot ) ; so not a living creature, as compared to the sapient creatures of the Spiral. Who are alive in that we breathe, eat, sleep, etc. Armada are not alive as we are: remember "we do not tire, we do not sleep, we do not stop, ever..."

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
anecorbie on Jan 9, 2015 wrote:
I think that it is unlikely that the stress on "living being" means anything except to denote the difference in Kane ( an automaton or robot ) ; so not a living creature, as compared to the sapient creatures of the Spiral. Who are alive in that we breathe, eat, sleep, etc. Armada are not alive as we are: remember "we do not tire, we do not sleep, we do not stop, ever..."
"We do not tire, we do not sleep, we do not stop, ever..." That is until WE arrive and bust them into a pile of cogs.

Petty Officer
Feb 24, 2013
Actually, if you remember from the scene in the vortex behind the Presidio, after you defeat Fin, Optimus talks to your pirate: You were the fugitive all along. You used to be an annoyance. Now, you are a target. Deacon and Kane shall hunt you down, we do not rest, we do not stop, we never--". That is when Optimus stops talking and shuts down. Ratbeard then points out that: They may not rest or stop, but they do die." Right at that moment, I was imagining a problem in Valencia. Kane was desperate to find armor good enough to protect the soldiers so the pirates could not defeat them. After we get the piece from the chest, I sailed away, thinking about what Optimus said about not stopping not resting.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 9, 2015 wrote:
"We do not tire, we do not sleep, we do not stop, ever..." That is until WE arrive and bust them into a pile of cogs.
''They may not stop,but they sure do break!''

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Hoodoo Master on Jan 10, 2015 wrote:
''They may not stop,but they sure do break!''
Actually its "But they breaks down if ye hits 'em hard enough." and on the Erebus "They may not stop but they do die."
Both quotes are from Ratbeard.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
anecorbie on Jan 11, 2015 wrote:
Actually its "But they breaks down if ye hits 'em hard enough." and on the Erebus "They may not stop but they do die."
Both quotes are from Ratbeard.
My thanks to ya.I wasn't sure,so I didn't add the name at all,to avoid misquotations.See how sly I am?

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
There is another option to consider here, besides the undead.
Kane is faster, stronger, smarter,....than any living being.
But what about another machine?

We know that El Dorado is based on a combination of many lost city myths, such as, well, El Dorado, Atlantis, Shagri La (hope I spelt that right). One thing these lost city or lost civilizations have in common is greatly advanced technology. So what if when we meet Kane in El Dorado for the Great Showdown, Kane is bested by another machine of El Doradoian make?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CdeWinter on Jan 13, 2015 wrote:
There is another option to consider here, besides the undead.
Kane is faster, stronger, smarter,....than any living being.
But what about another machine?

We know that El Dorado is based on a combination of many lost city myths, such as, well, El Dorado, Atlantis, Shagri La (hope I spelt that right). One thing these lost city or lost civilizations have in common is greatly advanced technology. So what if when we meet Kane in El Dorado for the Great Showdown, Kane is bested by another machine of El Doradoian make?
Ohhhhh, NICE plot twist idea.

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
About that, it seems that the line a couple before that was used to separate the armada and humans. It seems like Avery would only say that if he was hiding something about it. But you are probably right, it does seem more for effect then as a hint.