Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Auto-completing quests?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 23, 2013
So I was in the Haunted Skyway, doing side quests, and I found one where this NPC called Professor Beakington wanted his notes back from his arch-nemesis, Dr. Kvack. I accepted it and went to Junction and started the dungeon, only when I realized I had to study for a certain class at school - a test was tomorrow. I quit the game immediately - I used the X button in the window - studied for a bit with my mother, and logged back in.

I had logged out in the middle of a battle, and when I relogged, I was at the Life Fountain in Junction. The quest helper was telling me to talk to Beakington again. I got confused, thinking that I had to redo the dungeon. But when I talked to him, he thanked me for getting his notes back and I completed the quest. I was glad that I had gotten it done - one less objective on my quests tab - but I had completed it without any actual work.

I suggest you fix this bug - if it is one - so that players don't exploit it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CyanGirl on Oct 29, 2014 wrote:
So I was in the Haunted Skyway, doing side quests, and I found one where this NPC called Professor Beakington wanted his notes back from his arch-nemesis, Dr. Kvack. I accepted it and went to Junction and started the dungeon, only when I realized I had to study for a certain class at school - a test was tomorrow. I quit the game immediately - I used the X button in the window - studied for a bit with my mother, and logged back in.

I had logged out in the middle of a battle, and when I relogged, I was at the Life Fountain in Junction. The quest helper was telling me to talk to Beakington again. I got confused, thinking that I had to redo the dungeon. But when I talked to him, he thanked me for getting his notes back and I completed the quest. I was glad that I had gotten it done - one less objective on my quests tab - but I had completed it without any actual work.

I suggest you fix this bug - if it is one - so that players don't exploit it.
I don't think it was a bug, I suspect your companions fought on after you logged out, not realizing you were gone yet and totally kicked some tushy for you. The computer saves your place for a bit just in case you lost connection and are trying to get back into the game. While it is waiting to see if you are coming back, you companions will staunchly defend you as any loyal crew member should.