Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Idea For Batacuda Promotion!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 23, 2012
So, this is my idea:
1. After being leveled up to a certain level Bonnie Anne notices the Batacuda acting strangely and suggests you check it in a tavern cellar.
2. At the you interact with the Batacuda and after that Old Scratch says something along the lines of "The Batacuda looks ill, we should take him to Miracle Mitch, in Avery's Court."
3. you talk to Mitch and he says that the Batacuda has a Batacuda specific disease and says that to make a cure you have to gather ingredients from various sky-way creatures.
4. After you gather the ingredients you go back to him, and he says "there may be some unpredictable side affects, and he might grow a spine across his back." and then he gives the cure to the Batacuda, and it turns into a Mutant Batacuda, that looks mostly the same.
Or:
Do parts 1 and 2, then you have to pay Mitch for the cure.

Petty Officer
Jul 26, 2011
That's a nice idea, but none of the "wild animal" companions have promos, and oej has said that. I actually asked for one for el tiburon when I was a noob, and it was obviously denied.

Ensign
Dec 23, 2013
To be honest I like that idea, of course not a mutated batacuda, not offense. But I think it is time to upgrade the animal companions, they will fall behind in battles because they only get like two abilities and some powers, so I agree with you

Lieutenant
Nov 04, 2012
yah I agree It stinks How Promoted companions get a bunch of powers, and Epics and you look at the Batacuda and you think. he's just not good enough what could Kingsile do to improve him. Maybe he'll get a promo at the next update but it'll be kind of weird how Bonnie Anne only needed to be lvl.8 to promo and they waited so lond at like lvl.70 for animal Promotions.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
First,I wanna say that I'm a mesmerist,and I,unlike so many witchdoctors REALLY love my non-sapient companions.Occasionally,I pair Scorpius,Genevieve(my Sky Snake) and George(Batacuda) together in the same team,and beast team is absolutely beast.Those are the guys I used to destroy English Bill,raid an Armada Fortress and even go through half of Fort Elena!So,I can say,that I love them,and I really enjoy battling with them at my side.

Genevieve,however,outshines the others,because she is,by far,the most accurate,and the one who deals the most damage.

Scorpius is the dodgiest,not just in my beast crew,but in my entire crew.It does seem kinda strange,I know,but he' very hard to catch and hit.

George,on the other hand,has a lot of health.This I can say with certainty,my batacuda has a lot of health.He also happens to be a scrapper,accurate and a plunderer.

Usually the rule is every 3-5 books between promotions.Mew said that if they(the non sapient companions) do get promoted,it will be for gold.And not an outright promotion quest.

But honestly,I love them,no matter what.Everyone on my crew is beneficial,as long as they are in a 3 level range relative to me.I have my crew organized in sub-crews,but every now and then when companions get defeated I would discover something like ''Mormo goes betterv with El Toro then with the Helephant(Li Lin)''.So,it's flexible.All I can say is that George was my firstmate from Book 2 to Book 5.And odds are I'm not forgetting that.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I like the animal companions, and they are solid when you first obtain them. But since they do not promote, they are inevitably regulated to non-combat rolls, which is a shame.

-Indigo

Ensign
Sep 14, 2008
I got an idea for Batacuda, pet wrangling or farming. Usuless fish that gets blocked all of the time.

Rhemas

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
Austraulopithucus on Jun 25, 2014 wrote:
So, this is my idea:
1. After being leveled up to a certain level Bonnie Anne notices the Batacuda acting strangely and suggests you check it in a tavern cellar.
2. At the you interact with the Batacuda and after that Old Scratch says something along the lines of "The Batacuda looks ill, we should take him to Miracle Mitch, in Avery's Court."
3. you talk to Mitch and he says that the Batacuda has a Batacuda specific disease and says that to make a cure you have to gather ingredients from various sky-way creatures.
4. After you gather the ingredients you go back to him, and he says "there may be some unpredictable side affects, and he might grow a spine across his back." and then he gives the cure to the Batacuda, and it turns into a Mutant Batacuda, that looks mostly the same.
Or:
Do parts 1 and 2, then you have to pay Mitch for the cure.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Batacudas? Hmm... write this down, Skull Island TV.

Lieutenant
Nov 04, 2012
maybe Batacudas could get a mare natural promoton like when they reach lvl.70 they get the urge to fight the Emperor Batacuda maybe in the next world and you gotta help it fight the Emperor Batacuda (but requires another Promotion fro Old Scratch so he can talk to Batacudas) and collects maybe an Amulet and he turns into The Emperor batacuda and he can learn 3 new epics which you can choose
  • Vengence Strike Rank 2
  • Vengence Strike Rank 3
  • Blade Storm Rank 1
  • Blade Storm Rank 2
  • Blade Storm Rank 3
  • Flanking Rank 1
  • Flanking Rank 2
  • Flanking Rank 3
  • Relentless Rank 1
  • Relentless Rank 2
  • Relentless Rank 3
  • Cheap Shot Rank 1-3