Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What is your weapon idea?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 10, 2012
Okay, so everyone knows the basic shield, gun, sword, etc. Does anyone have an idea for weapon that we could use in P101 that would be less-than-traditional?
---------------------------------------------------------
My idea: similar appearance to the hand rake, except has a sharp point at each end

Ensign
Oct 28, 2013
Dandy Lucille Barc... on Jun 21, 2014 wrote:
Okay, so everyone knows the basic shield, gun, sword, etc. Does anyone have an idea for weapon that we could use in P101 that would be less-than-traditional?
---------------------------------------------------------
My idea: similar appearance to the hand rake, except has a sharp point at each end
A Double-Edged sword at its finest

Lieutenant
Feb 01, 2011
Magic Pipes: (staffy) Like the musical instrument used by the satyrs in Aquila...it works in the same way as a normal staffy weapon, but instead of waving it around, you play it to use. Grants the wielding a use of the Charm spell (which turns an opponent into an ally for one round of combat)

Blow Gun: Like the one's the troggies use...perhaps a shooty/smashy weapon, that you can either blow darts from, or use as a kind of club. Grants a single use of a new power; Poison Dart (when used, the target takes normal damage, but is poisoned for two additional rounds).

Magic Lamp: If we ever get to an Arabian or desert world (such as Krokotopia), you can get these rare weapon drops from fighting a powerful genie boss. There are four different varieties; shooty, smashy, stabby and smashy. When used, the pirate rubs the lamp, a genie comes out and, depending on what type of lamp is used, attacks using the appropriate weapon.

Spiked Bucklers: A pair of small shields, one for each hand. Each shield has several wicked looking spikes on their front side. This is a smashy/stabby weapon, and may increase armor rating.

Bow and Arrow: (shooty) Kinda funny that this weapon isn't used, as they have it over in W101...seems like a natural for the bison warriors over in Cool Ranch. Has a single use of a new power; Pinning Shot (when used, target takes normal damage, but can't move for a round).

Shirukens: (shooty) If you look closely, you can see your character holding these small projectiles between his fingers. Grant a single use of a new power; Spinning Storm (when used, you spin in place and attack all adjacent valid targets within one square).

War Gauntlets: (smashy) Heavy gloves, possibly with spikes (classic boxing gloves could be a variation). Can't think of any special power...perhaps, because they're light, the wielder gains +1 movement?

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
I have a shovel and an umbrella. last time I checked pirates don't use those

Lieutenant
Feb 01, 2011
Here's a few more...

Crystal Ball: (staffy) Another unconventional staffy design. It isn't visible out of battle, but in battle it's a glowing, shimmering crystal ball, that floats just above your outstretched palms. The attack affect appears to flow out of the crystal. Has a single use of a new power; Crystal Cannon (when used, you place your hands forward and out, and the crystal ball shoots outward at your target, hitting at far range for extra damage, then floats back to you).

Inquisitor's Kit: (smashy) A large, dark iron, gothic looking mace, paired with an matching, heavy shield. In addition to granting both an Armor and Resistance bonus, it has a single use of a new power; Grand Inquisition (when used, all of your allies gain the Witch Hunter ability for 3 rounds).

Inventor's Gauntlet: (staffy/smashy) Another gauntlet design, but this is just a single gauntlet. It looks very 'steampunk' (a bit bulky, iron and brass, pipes, maybe a gage, jets of steam or glowy bulb), and it occasionally crackles with static-y sparks. It also has a single use power; Chain Lightning.

Lieutenant
Feb 01, 2011
"Magic Lamp: If we ever get to an Arabian or desert world (such as Krokotopia), you can get these rare weapon drops from fighting a powerful genie boss. There are four different varieties; shooty, smashy, stabby and smashy. When used, the pirate rubs the lamp, a genie comes out and, depending on what type of lamp is used, attacks using the appropriate weapon."

Woops...of course, I meant to say "shooty, stabby, staffy and smashy". I also wanted to add that the lamps would grant a good Resistance bonus.

Also, the genies summoned would bear a strong resemblance to the efreet, from W101.

Petty Officer
Oct 11, 2012
hehe lots of weapon ideas, I think it you just went through the different ages of fighting before guns were made you could come up with a lot of ideas for new weapons.

Fearless john west level 65
fearless john level 65
fearless john level 65
fearless john level 65
fearless john level 65
fearless john morris level 32

Ensign
Apr 20, 2013
I think I would want to see just one sort of weapon added to the game ...

Single held pistols. Right now, the pirate that is your character can only carry TWO pistols if you choose that option, or a pistol and a melee weapon in the other. I would simply love to see a variation of a single handgun which your character just holds at his/her side and shoots with a single hand or both hands. Because personally, I view dual wields -- even in a game -- as too unwieldy to view as cool. Just my two cents.