Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Witchdoctor skills bugged

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 16, 2010
I have noticed, over the weekend, while farming Friar Sand with several other witchdoctors that our skills are not showing the appropriate damage.

When the skill Mournsong is used but does not critical the last of the 3 hits does not show the damage at all. the first two hits show damage the third is missing -- it does not appear to be a display error as we tried to calculate the damage removed from Friar Sand and found it lacking of what should be removed. However, when this skill criticals all 3 hits of damage are taken off.

Similarly my friends and I noticed this happening with Ghostwail and Soulreaver as well. Ghostwail has 5 hits but was only registering 4 unless it criticaled, same goes for Soulreaverwhich has a normal 4 hits but only saw 3 in battle unless it also criticaled.

Also, Mojo Rising was supposed to be fixed to grant a bonus attack when defeating an enemy using a wand hit, we tried this several times in our many battles and have yet to see it in action.

Another thing that I have noticed is that there are many level 5 weapons that require the Staffy Rank 1 talent which can't be acquired until level 7.

And finally Raven's Cry only seems to give out mele bonus attack talents while Crow's Song only gives out a ranged bonus attack tallent neither of these spells grant any Witchdoctor bonus attack talents or the apposed missing talent.

Please fix these issues as soon as possible.

Community Leader
I have not paid as close of attention to all the various spells, however I can confirm that Mournsong does not seem to be working correctly. It would normally hit 3 times, and currently does not reflect any damage on the 3rd strike (the final "bite") unless the pirate criticals.

This makes the spell somewhat ineffective, its one of my favorites!!!

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Administrator
Hi! Can you give us the name of the weapon you're using (and if the item is stitched) when not seeing Mojo Rising activate?

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Community Leader
One-Eyed Jack on Jun 19, 2014 wrote:
Hi! Can you give us the name of the weapon you're using (and if the item is stitched) when not seeing Mojo Rising activate?
We did some further observation, I actually video captured my WD casting Mournsong.

It is a display bug. The correct amount of damage does appear to be taking place.

Basically the attack displays 3 sets of damage, and then sets a poison effect (dot).

The 3rd damage display when the "bite" of the dragon occurs, is not displayed unless it is a critical so from appearances the spell is not doing what it should.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Developer
Dr Zeppers on Jun 19, 2014 wrote:
We did some further observation, I actually video captured my WD casting Mournsong.

It is a display bug. The correct amount of damage does appear to be taking place.

Basically the attack displays 3 sets of damage, and then sets a poison effect (dot).

The 3rd damage display when the "bite" of the dragon occurs, is not displayed unless it is a critical so from appearances the spell is not doing what it should.
This is such a weird bug.

The damage totals are displayed during the animation playback, and (for spells anyway) there's no difference between a regular attack and a crit-- they both play the exact same animation.

Of course, one major difference is that the crit damage is displayed at the bottom of the screen, in white; whereas normal damage pops above the target.

So I think maybe the camera is doing something goofy and the damage is displaying off camera.

We're investigating!

Ensign
Jan 16, 2010
Thanks, I appreciate you looking into this matter!