Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Privateer Companions, Strength or Will?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 09, 2009
Hi

Since I first started playing pirate101 I've always wondered whether privateer companions benefited from strength or will. I have made the mistake of teaching strength on some privateer companions, and will on some privateer companions. I would love to know what everybody else thinks about this topic.
Thanks so much
( When I made my first post I didn't put all my characters on it)
Noble Ryan Thompson 65
Loyal Garret Jones 65
Cautious Joshua Ironside 35
Fearless William Ashburn 10
Smart Todd Wright 5
Sneaky Blaze Dodger 1

Ensign
Sep 19, 2012
Some privateers use Strength (like Gracie) and some use Will (like catbeard), the best way to see which
privateer companion gets what is to juju them.

Have a guy with sunglasses:.

Lieutenant
Jan 19, 2014
Actually it depends on the Privateers. Some companions will 'benefit' more from learning strength and others will 'benefit' more on will. Check out their stats to see what stats you should train.

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
Hey The Loyal Swashbuckler! I teach my Privy companions Strength or Will based on their Powers. For example, if they have a healing power, such as Nadya, I will give them Will. If they have no healing power, such as Lucky Jack Russell, I will give them Strength. You should ALWAYS give your Privy companions Rough, or they will be very weak at dealing damage.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
The Loyal Swashbuc... on Mar 25, 2014 wrote:
Hi

Since I first started playing pirate101 I've always wondered whether privateer companions benefited from strength or will. I have made the mistake of teaching strength on some privateer companions, and will on some privateer companions. I would love to know what everybody else thinks about this topic.
Thanks so much
( When I made my first post I didn't put all my characters on it)
Noble Ryan Thompson 65
Loyal Garret Jones 65
Cautious Joshua Ironside 35
Fearless William Ashburn 10
Smart Todd Wright 5
Sneaky Blaze Dodger 1
It's both. Your privateer needs the strength for their damage stats and the will for boosting the healing. It is also good to train spooky as that will help the healing too. So you really didn't make a mistake, you just under trained a bit. Your companions are based on their weapon. Use Juju boost on them and see what shows up, then train that.