Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Rat Beard's Awesome Original Concept Picture.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 20, 2012
Starting a new pirate I was casually doing the first Rat Beard promotion when I stumbled upon this amazingly well done photo of the classic Rat Beard look only more professional an almost intimidating. It was in one of the Flotsam rentals where you fight Lasko. It's the first time I've seen it anywhere in game an I tried looking for it online but there's not image of it. Why hide such a cool version of Rat Beard? I know they changed Rat Beard's look early in game but the picture made him look like a pro captain. Oh an the worse part is I tried to go back to the picture frame but the door was locked do to only use of promotion. Please if any of the administrators read this please post that original Rat Beard photo in the concept art on the website. Oh an does anybody even know what I'm talking about? Next time you promote Rat Beard once look for his portrait before getting his sword from the chest.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Marleybonian Myth ... on Sep 18, 2013 wrote:
Starting a new pirate I was casually doing the first Rat Beard promotion when I stumbled upon this amazingly well done photo of the classic Rat Beard look only more professional an almost intimidating. It was in one of the Flotsam rentals where you fight Lasko. It's the first time I've seen it anywhere in game an I tried looking for it online but there's not image of it. Why hide such a cool version of Rat Beard? I know they changed Rat Beard's look early in game but the picture made him look like a pro captain. Oh an the worse part is I tried to go back to the picture frame but the door was locked do to only use of promotion. Please if any of the administrators read this please post that original Rat Beard photo in the concept art on the website. Oh an does anybody even know what I'm talking about? Next time you promote Rat Beard once look for his portrait before getting his sword from the chest.
I... I wasn't looking for a picture, or even see it... but if I ever find it, I'll try to zoom in on it and post it on Deviantart for all to see....

If no one's gonna post that picture for all to see, I sure will (PS: That could be his father. He did mention his father being a great captain and pirate at one time, that is, before that one guy killed him (if anyone recalls the name, please remind me...)).

Ensign
Oct 20, 2012
Bloody Belle on Sep 19, 2013 wrote:
I... I wasn't looking for a picture, or even see it... but if I ever find it, I'll try to zoom in on it and post it on Deviantart for all to see....

If no one's gonna post that picture for all to see, I sure will (PS: That could be his father. He did mention his father being a great captain and pirate at one time, that is, before that one guy killed him (if anyone recalls the name, please remind me...)).
Captain Fowl the Turkey Musketeer?

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Marleybonian Myth ... on Sep 19, 2013 wrote:
Yeah! Thanks

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
Marleybonian Myth ... on Sep 19, 2013 wrote:
Lol! Does KI know how funny that sounds?!

Administrator
Wait . . . that isn't the one with the hat that everybody hated, is it?

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Sep 26, 2013 wrote:
I think it is, I was wondering that too but x shrugs x hey, its our Ratbeard.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
One-Eyed Jack on Sep 26, 2013 wrote:
Wait... what?

Well if that isn't a slap to the face... lol

Administrator
Bloody Belle on Sep 26, 2013 wrote:
Wait... what?

Well if that isn't a slap to the face... lol
Haha! Sorry, no offense intended, but there really is a history behind this if it's the same hat I'm thinking of: see here. It was updated back in February: "Ratbeard's second promotion hat and outfit have been improved!" People seemed to like it.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I got your painting for ya . It's in my album on Pirate 101 Central.