Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New Swashbuckler poison

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 06, 2012
Hello,

Today I was fighting eagle shades and I know they always do rouse, so I wanted to test the new Swashbuckler poison, Assassin's Shroud, that must prevent healing. I can tell you than it does not prevent healing at all. They just gain 1150 instead of 1400, and that makes this attack as useless as Gambit of Steel. So I would suggest you to make this poison attack x1.5 or x2 and really prevents healing, and Gambit of Steel also x1.5 or x2, because they are the strongest of our few new attacks (we're the class that gains the fewer attacks with the update) and they are not useful at all.

Thank you,
Noble Nicholas Nichols level 65

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Noble Nicholas Nic... on Jun 22, 2013 wrote:
Hello,

Today I was fighting eagle shades and I know they always do rouse, so I wanted to test the new Swashbuckler poison, Assassin's Shroud, that must prevent healing. I can tell you than it does not prevent healing at all. They just gain 1150 instead of 1400, and that makes this attack as useless as Gambit of Steel. So I would suggest you to make this poison attack x1.5 or x2 and really prevents healing, and Gambit of Steel also x1.5 or x2, because they are the strongest of our few new attacks (we're the class that gains the fewer attacks with the update) and they are not useful at all.

Thank you,
Noble Nicholas Nichols level 65
I remember reading that it was a bug and they are working on it.

Ensign
May 05, 2011
Many people have noticed and reported this, and i'm one of them. It does prevent healing to every enemy that can heal except for the Shades, theres just a glitch with them, and they are working on the glitch right now; btw, Gambit of Steel isnt useless; it makes it quicker for a Swash to kill enemies, because we have high dodge, First Strike 3? and Riposte 2... It triggers Vengance Strike.

Also, we dont get the least amount of new powers, we are tied with Buccaneers and Witchdoctors i think.

The poison is just fine with its damage; mine usually does 330 per 5 rounds which is a lot. To make it 2x would be way overpowered.

Although, Gambit of Steel being x2 would be very useful and not OP at all, maybe Kingsisle will consider that idea. ;D

You have to look at the bright side, all of our powers are very very useful. Period.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 09, 2011
I think I saw you on youtube?

Blades of shade?

Ensign
Jul 06, 2012
Darken Guardian on Jun 22, 2013 wrote:
Many people have noticed and reported this, and i'm one of them. It does prevent healing to every enemy that can heal except for the Shades, theres just a glitch with them, and they are working on the glitch right now; btw, Gambit of Steel isnt useless; it makes it quicker for a Swash to kill enemies, because we have high dodge, First Strike 3? and Riposte 2... It triggers Vengance Strike.

Also, we dont get the least amount of new powers, we are tied with Buccaneers and Witchdoctors i think.

The poison is just fine with its damage; mine usually does 330 per 5 rounds which is a lot. To make it 2x would be way overpowered.

Although, Gambit of Steel being x2 would be very useful and not OP at all, maybe Kingsisle will consider that idea. ;D

You have to look at the bright side, all of our powers are very very useful. Period.
Yes, I totally agree with you now that I read your message. It's true the poison is very strong, but the enemies that heal are few, it's just for the music that I do it instead of the old one .

And for Gambit of Steel, you're right, it is useful, but not all enemies have first strike and vengeance strike, and doing it x2 would not be too much. And please please make a new cool move for it, because the same move as Dance of Steel, but with an ugly tornado, makes it quite ridiculous.

But we do have the must powerful attacks, and I'm proud to be a Swashbuckler. And we also have the cool moves . Thanks Kingsisle for those 2 great games!

Noble Nicholas Nichols level 65 and proud to be!

Ensign
May 05, 2011
MightySwashbuckler... on Jun 22, 2013 wrote:
I think I saw you on youtube?

Blades of shade?
Yeppers. lol

Administrator
Thanks for your report, and yes, this is a known bug.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*