Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Stories of the Skies

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Ahoy mateys! How's it been? Are the skyways being kind? Is the Armada giving you any trouble? Any new crew members lately? Oh, do tell, are Marleybone and Aquila as amazing as I've heard?

I'm forgetting my manners, please take a seat, this is the Tavern after all... I have cookies this time, a few gingerbread, chocolate chip, white chocolate, even some key lime ones! (Those are absolutely lovely, I tell you!) Oh yes, can I get you some Polarian iced coffee or chamoomile tea? I have mocha lattes too.. Sorry, I'm in a creative mood today.

So, pirates, I've been terribly bored lately. I read all my books and I have a skyway restriction thanks to Ratbeard there... (In other words, I have no access to a computer that can download Pirate101.) So, I decided I'd like to hear about your tales among the skies. What have you and your crews been doing? Any treasures recently? Tell me, please, the Skyway restriction is killing me! And it's for a month and a half... Thankfully it's halfway over.

Alright, Pirates, I have a ton of time on my hands, so share your skyway stories here!

See ya in the Skyways!
Sneaky Emma Everhart

Ensign
May 25, 2013
What to say... What to reply... okay I am good! I'm feeling fine!
And yes this is referring to my wizard Tyler Deathsong! Am I the only one who stopped playing pirate101 and started playing wizard101 because of a defeat and collect quest?

Tyler Deathsong level 10 death

What to do?

Ensign
Jul 05, 2012
Oh, Hello! I'm very sorry about your skyway restriction and hope you can get back to the spiral soon, but here is a tale to tide you over.

About a month ago, my crew and I made a very interesting and surprising discovery: Ratbeard is a poet! We helped this poor bloke in Hamamitsu garden with his lady friend by writing a haiku for her and it worked really well! So, el Toro thinks that he would try to do something similar for his lovely Carolina. However, for all of the romantic charm and latin flair the guy claims he has, he couldn't write a poem to save his life.
Of course, when the rest of the crew make this fact known to him, he got poutier than Catbeard with a hang nail (which is an entirely different story). He then challenges anyone else on the crew to write a better haiku, and so I propose we all have a little competition.

Bonney: The still nights of home/ In Albion dwells the fox/ Asleep in it's den

Monkey King: Imprisoned for years/ But, I am still imprisoned/ By this stupid hat!

Tyson: What is a haiku/ I'm from freaking Tumbleweed/ I'm really confused

All of these were wonderful of course, though Bonney's made me a little homesick... and the Monkey King's made me worry should he ever get his helmet off... and Tyson's seemed very contridictory... Anyway, they were lovely. However, they were missing something.

Ratbeard had a peice of paper in his hand that he was trying to hide. Wing Chun noticed that it was a haiku and used his ninja powers to grab it away from him. Wing then tossed it to me and I read it aloud.

"I see you driving/ Downtown with the girl I love/ And I'm like, haiku."

I gasp and exclaim, "That's what they were missing! A pop culture reference!"

The crew is in tears at the utter catchiness of the poem, and Ratbeard was declared the crew's official poet. I told El Toro he might just want to give Carolina some chocolates or something.

Hope you enjoyed it!
-Fair Charlotte Firth, Level 53 Musketeer

Petty Officer
Dec 30, 2012
Highlander Fox of ... on Jun 17, 2013 wrote:
Ahoy mateys! How's it been? Are the skyways being kind? Is the Armada giving you any trouble? Any new crew members lately? Oh, do tell, are Marleybone and Aquila as amazing as I've heard?

I'm forgetting my manners, please take a seat, this is the Tavern after all... I have cookies this time, a few gingerbread, chocolate chip, white chocolate, even some key lime ones! (Those are absolutely lovely, I tell you!) Oh yes, can I get you some Polarian iced coffee or chamoomile tea? I have mocha lattes too.. Sorry, I'm in a creative mood today.

So, pirates, I've been terribly bored lately. I read all my books and I have a skyway restriction thanks to Ratbeard there... (In other words, I have no access to a computer that can download Pirate101.) So, I decided I'd like to hear about your tales among the skies. What have you and your crews been doing? Any treasures recently? Tell me, please, the Skyway restriction is killing me! And it's for a month and a half... Thankfully it's halfway over.

Alright, Pirates, I have a ton of time on my hands, so share your skyway stories here!

See ya in the Skyways!
Sneaky Emma Everhart
Well, hello there. Glad to see you, Fox. Or should I call you Highlander?
Anyway, I'm Matthew Evans. I have a story about a Privateer friend's encounters with Brother Wolf, Ek Chan, and Joey Karo.
But in all actuality, I haven't done much myself lately.
I'll spare you the details, since I know how bored you are.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
CyberMaster12 on Jun 18, 2013 wrote:
Well, hello there. Glad to see you, Fox. Or should I call you Highlander?
Anyway, I'm Matthew Evans. I have a story about a Privateer friend's encounters with Brother Wolf, Ek Chan, and Joey Karo.
But in all actuality, I haven't done much myself lately.
I'll spare you the details, since I know how bored you are.
Oh, just call me Emma.

I haven't either.

See ya in the Skyways!
Sneaky Emma Everhart

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
Good day to you Emma.

Ah the memories created when sailing. Before the story I must ask a question though. Have you ever had any kitchen disasters on your ships?

Anyways, what happened was an unfortunate accident. As I recall, Scarlet was in the kitchen with several of her crew members, cooking dinner like always. Unfortunately she wasn't steering the ship, and the replacement she had found wasn't the best at navigating through windlanes. The ship jerked to the side with the movement and Scarlet managed to spill a pot of water all over herself. There she stood, soaked and holding an empty pot. It gathered more than a few laughs from everyone standing nearby. It wasn't harmful, but everyone present could tell you that it was funny.

Have fun sailing the skyways.

Scarlet Freeman, level 60 Swashbuckler
Alura Windlass, level 15 Witchdoctor

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
Griffin: OH, Quentin, tell them about how you faced three rounds of colossus in Aquila and survived!

Alright, so I got this quest from Icarus, he wants to make mechanical wings so he can fly around like the immortals do. I got him the Harpy feathers he needed, (thank God, those banshees with wings were killing my ears) so next I tried to get him gears from the colossus. There we were, my best swashbucklers and I, facing these ancient clockworks. All of my swashbucklers were dead in a matter of 5 turns, but I turned the tide on the colossus with some poison and a dance of steel, I would have been dead if it weren't for my crew helping me out. It took 3 rounds (and surprisingly all of my potions), to get the gears Icarus needed. Once I got the schematics for his wings from his father, he started working on them right away, but he used wax to hold the feathers together. He then said he wants to fly to the sun -activates clockwork lantern-.

Icarus: Where to fly first? I know, THE SUN! The scrolls say it is a shield of burning fire and glory, I can't wait to go there!

Me: ARE YOU NUTS! Your wax wings will melt the moment you get close enough and you will come falling down as a blazing fireball!

Icarus: Preposterous, I'm sure I will be fine -flies to the sun-

Me: -calls Vadima-

Vadima: Witchdoctor's Sanctum, we deliver any need for the dead and undead in 10 minutes or its free.

Me: Yes I would like to order two coffins.

Vadima: Two coffins?

Me: One is for an eagle who just flew into the sun, and the other is for the bird brain who made the schematics for the wax wings he is using.

Icarus: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! -crashes into father's workshop and survives-

Me: You know what, cancel that order -hangs up-. We are going to need some salve, some casting bandages...

-workshop catches fire-

Griffin: ... and a BIG fire extinguisher.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
TackUpwind on Jun 18, 2013 wrote:
Oh, Hello! I'm very sorry about your skyway restriction and hope you can get back to the spiral soon, but here is a tale to tide you over.

About a month ago, my crew and I made a very interesting and surprising discovery: Ratbeard is a poet! We helped this poor bloke in Hamamitsu garden with his lady friend by writing a haiku for her and it worked really well! So, el Toro thinks that he would try to do something similar for his lovely Carolina. However, for all of the romantic charm and latin flair the guy claims he has, he couldn't write a poem to save his life.
Of course, when the rest of the crew make this fact known to him, he got poutier than Catbeard with a hang nail (which is an entirely different story). He then challenges anyone else on the crew to write a better haiku, and so I propose we all have a little competition.

Bonney: The still nights of home/ In Albion dwells the fox/ Asleep in it's den

Monkey King: Imprisoned for years/ But, I am still imprisoned/ By this stupid hat!

Tyson: What is a haiku/ I'm from freaking Tumbleweed/ I'm really confused

All of these were wonderful of course, though Bonney's made me a little homesick... and the Monkey King's made me worry should he ever get his helmet off... and Tyson's seemed very contridictory... Anyway, they were lovely. However, they were missing something.

Ratbeard had a peice of paper in his hand that he was trying to hide. Wing Chun noticed that it was a haiku and used his ninja powers to grab it away from him. Wing then tossed it to me and I read it aloud.

"I see you driving/ Downtown with the girl I love/ And I'm like, haiku."

I gasp and exclaim, "That's what they were missing! A pop culture reference!"

The crew is in tears at the utter catchiness of the poem, and Ratbeard was declared the crew's official poet. I told El Toro he might just want to give Carolina some chocolates or something.

Hope you enjoyed it!
-Fair Charlotte Firth, Level 53 Musketeer
I love poetry, and yes I enjoyed these! Monkey King's worries me a little though... o. o

Actually, El Toro isn't a bad poet, if you do a certain side quest in Mooshu. He, Ratbeard, and Old Scratch all compose a haiku.

See ya in the Skyways!
Sneaky Emma Everhart

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Scarlet Freeman on Jun 18, 2013 wrote:
Good day to you Emma.

Ah the memories created when sailing. Before the story I must ask a question though. Have you ever had any kitchen disasters on your ships?

Anyways, what happened was an unfortunate accident. As I recall, Scarlet was in the kitchen with several of her crew members, cooking dinner like always. Unfortunately she wasn't steering the ship, and the replacement she had found wasn't the best at navigating through windlanes. The ship jerked to the side with the movement and Scarlet managed to spill a pot of water all over herself. There she stood, soaked and holding an empty pot. It gathered more than a few laughs from everyone standing nearby. It wasn't harmful, but everyone present could tell you that it was funny.

Have fun sailing the skyways.

Scarlet Freeman, level 60 Swashbuckler
Alura Windlass, level 15 Witchdoctor
Good day to you as well, Scarlet.

Yes... Hawklavas are so terribly difficult to make.

Well, that's happened to me before. It's kinda odd at first, but then you laugh about it. I usually send Bonnie or Gracie up to steer and navigate the ship.

You too!

See ya in the Skyways!
Sneaky Emma Everhart

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Quentin Atherton on Jun 18, 2013 wrote:
Griffin: OH, Quentin, tell them about how you faced three rounds of colossus in Aquila and survived!

Alright, so I got this quest from Icarus, he wants to make mechanical wings so he can fly around like the immortals do. I got him the Harpy feathers he needed, (thank God, those banshees with wings were killing my ears) so next I tried to get him gears from the colossus. There we were, my best swashbucklers and I, facing these ancient clockworks. All of my swashbucklers were dead in a matter of 5 turns, but I turned the tide on the colossus with some poison and a dance of steel, I would have been dead if it weren't for my crew helping me out. It took 3 rounds (and surprisingly all of my potions), to get the gears Icarus needed. Once I got the schematics for his wings from his father, he started working on them right away, but he used wax to hold the feathers together. He then said he wants to fly to the sun -activates clockwork lantern-.

Icarus: Where to fly first? I know, THE SUN! The scrolls say it is a shield of burning fire and glory, I can't wait to go there!

Me: ARE YOU NUTS! Your wax wings will melt the moment you get close enough and you will come falling down as a blazing fireball!

Icarus: Preposterous, I'm sure I will be fine -flies to the sun-

Me: -calls Vadima-

Vadima: Witchdoctor's Sanctum, we deliver any need for the dead and undead in 10 minutes or its free.

Me: Yes I would like to order two coffins.

Vadima: Two coffins?

Me: One is for an eagle who just flew into the sun, and the other is for the bird brain who made the schematics for the wax wings he is using.

Icarus: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! -crashes into father's workshop and survives-

Me: You know what, cancel that order -hangs up-. We are going to need some salve, some casting bandages...

-workshop catches fire-

Griffin: ... and a BIG fire extinguisher.
I pop out of nowhere and I say "AH! The house is on FIRE! NO! Oh hey Quentin,". Quentin says "Get him,". I'm like "AH!". This is Kevin the Noob of Pirate101! I'm the one because for some reason, Avery just doesn't like his looks.

Ensign
Jul 05, 2012
Highlander Fox of ... on Jun 19, 2013 wrote:
I love poetry, and yes I enjoyed these! Monkey King's worries me a little though... o. o

Actually, El Toro isn't a bad poet, if you do a certain side quest in Mooshu. He, Ratbeard, and Old Scratch all compose a haiku.

See ya in the Skyways!
Sneaky Emma Everhart
Yeah, that side quest was the poor bloke in Hamamitsu to whom I was referring. Now that guy is even worse than el Toro! If you remember, Bonney more or less forced the entire crew to put one together and those three were the ones we chose to read it. Of course, el Toro was all for helping in the feild of romance but it was really hard to convince Ratbeard. Bonney had to scare him into submission, it was really funny. Jack offered to help, but we decided that Old Scratch has a much better reading voice.
Surprisingly, Duck Holiday came up with most of that poem, who knew that the old guy was so romantic?
-Fair Charlotte Firth, Level 55 Musketeer

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
Well, me and my crew just had quite an adventure the other day. well, at least one side of it did. the other side was kinda annoyed. I was just having a routine supply mission in the isle of dogs, just a drop off of some of Avery's supplies, (and no, it's not smuggling) when a police officer approached me. I had both Catbeard and Ratbeard with me, not the most innocent bunch, so I was prepared to drop some smoke and make a quick getaway. To my surprise, he was only a messenger giving me a letter saying that I was due for Jury Duty at the Glass House. Apparently, joining the navy makes me an honorary citizen. Now this is where the story divides into two plots. On my way there, I saw Iago running across a rooftop, which was very suspicious, even for him. So, I told Sarah Steele and Ridolfo to investigate. When the two caught up to the Unicorn, he explained that he was running from the redcoats, who he had a run-in with right before joining the crew. The two I sent told Iago that I would vouch for him and that he didn't have much to worry about, considering that the coats aren't much of a challenge. BUT, Iago explained the issue. El Toro Joined the lobster backs in their search without hearing who he was supposed to track down! Apparently nobody told the Hero about the Unicorn's past. ANYWAY, back to my story. When I got to the courtroom, I took my seat and listened to the case. It was a simple Radical robbery from the jewelry store, an obviously guilty verdict. when the statements ended, the rest of the Jury and I headed into the private room to make our decision, which is where the problems began. about half of us agreed on a guilty verdict, but the others wanted more proof. Since I wasn't allowed to leave the isle until the verdict was told, I had to get more evidence, to prevent more wasted time. that's where the story gets interesting. During recess, I told Ratbeard, Bonnie, Catbeard, and Gracie to find the Boss and bring him as a witness.
To be continued...