Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Privacy when doing combat

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 24, 2013
It would Really Nice to see a option To not allow people to auto join in regular combat or sea combat aswell sometimes you just want to do things on your own etc im one of them and i just dont want people taking my nautical exp

First Mate
May 01, 2012
As I understand it, you get the same Nautical Experience if you do a solo or group ship fight. Check it out and report back please - especially if I am wrong!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Squeakymm on May 25, 2013 wrote:
It would Really Nice to see a option To not allow people to auto join in regular combat or sea combat aswell sometimes you just want to do things on your own etc im one of them and i just dont want people taking my nautical exp
What do you mean " Taking your Nautical XP?" As far as I know your nautical xp is not reduced when someone joins you in a battle. You all get identical drops and xp except when someone is on your deck in a broadside battle, then they get half the amount of xp that you did. They do not take half of yours, they are only awarded half the amount that you received.

Petty Officer
Aug 22, 2010
Nobody takes your Nautical XP. Everyone in the battle gets the same thing as you after combat, XP, gold, drops, etc.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
No one can take your nautical XP. You get the same amount whether you fight on your own or with a bunch of people. In fact, it is much better to do naval battles with others because it goes much quicker.

Don't forget, this is a massively multiplayer game. It is designed to be played with other people and is much easier if you do. If you really want to be on your own, change to a low population realm.

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Squeakymm on May 25, 2013 wrote:
Well here's a better way.
The option is Do you want people to join ship battles.
The selections are All, Friends Only, Nobody
We don't want anyone, I mean anyone not be able to help each other out! This is not to be a game where you have to do everything by yourself! Everyone would hate you KI if you add this guys suggestion. Just add mine in the next Test Realm with Ranked PVP I think.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
Ensign
Mar 24, 2013
First when i work my butt off to sit there and kill a ship or enemy and the person only fires one shot enough to get the nautical experience then yet i get upset and people do the same on land they wait till your almost done your battle then join just to reap the rewards i see it all the time and no offence to anyone i really find that unfair

Captain
May 13, 2011
helping in ship battles doesnt delay at all. like the others say, you keep the xp and no other ships will join. now only the person who started the fight can board ships. in broadside combat, the more the merrier. no excuses

Ensign
Mar 24, 2013
Sometimes i agree but sometime i want to fight by myself and be left alone and also i really dont appreciate alot of the people that let me fight the majority and then join just to get the experience at the last minute that is unfair not just to me but everyone else if you want to join fine but join the whole fight not the end just to get the rewards at the end

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
Squeakymm on May 28, 2013 wrote:
Sometimes i agree but sometime i want to fight by myself and be left alone and also i really dont appreciate alot of the people that let me fight the majority and then join just to get the experience at the last minute that is unfair not just to me but everyone else if you want to join fine but join the whole fight not the end just to get the rewards at the end
I agree, it's not very nice when people do that. But it takes nothing away from you. You get exactly the same rewards if they joined at the start, the end or not at all.

Again, if you want to play on your own, change to a lower population realm. Read https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/players_guide/game_options/realms if you don't know how to do that.