Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Most awesome pets

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
What is your fav pet I love armadillo they are my LIFE

Lieutenant
May 06, 2012
Ensign
Feb 18, 2010
Community Leader
Currently the Armadillo pet is generally the most sought after due to its additional epic talent.
It has one more epic talent than the others. A mistake was made in its original programming that made it as good if not even better than a companion. When they fixed this, they gave it an extra epic talent to make up for what they were taking away (that many of us had already grown accustomed to). So it has just a tad more "ability" than the others.

Beyond that its pretty much a matter of looks.

I still love my Armadillo!

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Administrator
My favorite pet hasn't been released yet! . . . although i do love my Scrimshaw Drake and Spiny Serpent pets!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Community Leader
Jackalope

Though I am wondering what that sly rabbit's favorite is.

GO! Chucklesworth!

Owner of Paige's Page Perilous Paige. "Honorary Black Cat of the entire Pirate 101 Fleet"
Ensign
Aug 26, 2012
Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
Last night i managed to collect the final droppable ingame pet and having a few cash shop pets I have many pets to play with. I have picked my top 2 pets based on animation and usefulness.

Fav pet based on animation has to be the Imperial Lion. He bellyflops when he dodges, dances when he kills a enemy,spins in a circle when returning to his battle square after a attack.The bellyflop alone makes me laugh. I wish he would dance outside of battle so my toon and him could dance in avery's court

Fav pet based off usefulness is ofc the armadillo lets face it even thou he no longer has the power the 2 epics still make him a very useful pet

Ensign
Jul 16, 2009
My favorite pet would be the
tropical skysnake

Petty Officer
Dec 05, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Mar 14, 2013 wrote:
My favorite pet hasn't been released yet! . . . although i do love my Scrimshaw Drake and Spiny Serpent pets!
hmm is it an One-eyed jackalope?

the pet i use is the armadillo, he is cute and seems to be the most useful, but the celestial dragon is quite cool and is my favorite.

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Ebon spectre, don't own one but they can fly over obstacles, that why they my favorite.

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Mar 14, 2013 wrote:
It must be One-Eyed Jackalope as your name is One-Eyed Jack so it is a rabbit! If this is true please give me 60000 crowns as the grand prize cause I really want a sea dragon and the Phoenix and a full set of gear from it as I will be awesome! Please give me the crowns if I'm right so I know!
Me: Hmm what to do ... I'm bored. Hope Kimberly comes on soon. Suddenly opens my spellbook cause I felt like it to get my noob dragon on which has sprite on Wiz! Ok so I open it and with my One-Eyed; get it!. I find this! 60000 crowns! I know what to do with these! I'm gonna get to Warlord with awesome new gear which is the Phoenix Hoard or the pack with the Jade Gear is better cause I'm storm! I will just look it up. What is the packs name with the Jade Gear btw Jack? Hope I get the crowns and I heard someone else said the same thing so give me and that other pirate 60000 crowns and sorry if I mentioned Wizard.
I was bored so I'm coloring a bit of this text up! Hope I win!

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
Dr Zeppers on Mar 12, 2013 wrote:
Currently the Armadillo pet is generally the most sought after due to its additional epic talent.
It has one more epic talent than the others. A mistake was made in its original programming that made it as good if not even better than a companion. When they fixed this, they gave it an extra epic talent to make up for what they were taking away (that many of us had already grown accustomed to). So it has just a tad more "ability" than the others.

Beyond that its pretty much a matter of looks.

I still love my Armadillo!
How do you know that?
P.S. Sorry I haven't posted , my subscription ran out

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Sniper Rose on Mar 28, 2013 wrote:
It must be One-Eyed Jackalope as your name is One-Eyed Jack so it is a rabbit! If this is true please give me 60000 crowns as the grand prize cause I really want a sea dragon and the Phoenix and a full set of gear from it as I will be awesome! Please give me the crowns if I'm right so I know!
Me: Hmm what to do ... I'm bored. Hope Kimberly comes on soon. Suddenly opens my spellbook cause I felt like it to get my noob dragon on which has sprite on Wiz! Ok so I open it and with my One-Eyed; get it!. I find this! 60000 crowns! I know what to do with these! I'm gonna get to Warlord with awesome new gear which is the Phoenix Hoard or the pack with the Jade Gear is better cause I'm storm! I will just look it up. What is the packs name with the Jade Gear btw Jack? Hope I get the crowns and I heard someone else said the same thing so give me and that other pirate 60000 crowns and sorry if I mentioned Wizard.
I was bored so I'm coloring a bit of this text up! Hope I win!
Oh my, I was sorry if I was greedy.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
Sorry I haven't changed my favorite its still THE ARMADILLO but I also like the marshmelladillo ( I probably spelt that wrong )

Ensign
Jun 29, 2013
The armadillo has to be my, favorite one but I don't have one Please help what boss drops them

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
imthecowgodmoo on Aug 31, 2013 wrote:
The armadillo has to be my, favorite one but I don't have one Please help what boss drops them
Welcome to the message boards imthecowgodmoo . It's great to have you here and I look forward to hearing your ideas.
Most bosses in Cool Ranch drop it. I currently have two of them. One came from Josey Quails and the other one came from a ship boss that you have to fight on deck to get his drops. It is the Midnight Bandit, he is in the first Cool Ranch area on the right side near the stormgate. I have heard many other boss' drop them so just pick a boss you like and farm him, a lot as it is a rare drop although I got my first one after only three fights but farmed him with friends for hours and never got another one from him, so ya never know. Here is a link that lists some of the guys that drop it.

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
My absolute favorite is the celestial dragon. It is SO beautifully animated I actually don't mind when it fouls up my battle plans.

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
I got a armadillo verde from buck bronco the second time I have farmed him.

Lieutenant
Sep 10, 2009
I got my armadillo from Captain Blood in Miranda

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
My personal favorites have to be the Ebon Specter and the Scrimshaw Drake. maybe its just my witchdocter persona talking, but you have to admit, a pet with a relentless epic is Awesome!

Captain
May 16, 2011
Kigiri on Mar 17, 2013 wrote:
I like the Celestial Dragon.
Indeed, I also like the Celestial Dragon. It's my current pet.