Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Hot Key - END on the number pad, hate it

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
I use the arrow keys to move and the end hot key is right next to the up arrow movement key which quite often teleports me to a life fountain which I hate. Is there any way to disable the teleporting hot key "End"?

Ensign
Mar 10, 2010
Use a different key board. If you use a laptop then buy a key board to use (I do this and it works better than the laptop keyboard. That way i have the screen so close to my face).

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Ah, yes. I posted about this on my blog one day, and I totally agree with you! Even in Wizard101, I loathed the moment when I would stop moving for some reason, only to appear in the nearest common area. Now, in Pirate101, I absolutely despise the times when I'm just a few ship-lengths away from Granchia or Sivella, but I press that key, and - BAM! - I'm back in Flotsam. This has led me to take stops when traveling, once in every island close to a stormgate. (Normally Rapa Nui and Cooper's Roost) For an alternative ways of travel, I would sometimes use the WASD keys to navigate, though it's a pain when I'm getting attacked. I would enjoy this key for quick teleports, as long as it came with a disabling option.

D.S. Devereaux

Captain
May 13, 2011
it gets infuriating sometimes. cant KI just remove that hotkey?

Ensign
Apr 26, 2010
this is the worst thing that is in the game as of yet. (except maybe the dreaded stormzilla). i hate it, i use a laptop, and i'm not going to get another keyboard just so i can do this better. i like my keyboard. if kingsisle changed this, or made it possible to disable it on options, that would be AWESOME! idk why KI decided to make the teleport away key right next to the arrows. at least on most pc laptops.

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
LameGID on Dec 28, 2012 wrote:
Use a different key board. If you use a laptop then buy a key board to use (I do this and it works better than the laptop keyboard. That way i have the screen so close to my face).
Yea, that happened to me once too, and it was not necessarily a fun venture to getting back to where I was because of an accidental button press. How I managed to accidentally press it? I don't remember, but it happened.

And I would not stop using my 60$ backlit keyboard just so I don't accidentally hit the home button again.

Maybe have there be a way to where we can turn off and on certain hot keys or not. Like a configuration that we can do.

Administrator
Just as a note, in a future update we will be modifying this shortcut key to something more like Control+End. Thanks for your posts!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*