Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who gets Tonka?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 12, 2011
While questing in Cool Ranch, I heard you can get Tonka as a companion. It would be nice to know what class gets him.

Ensign
Nov 21, 2010
FlareGlare999 on Nov 25, 2012 wrote:
While questing in Cool Ranch, I heard you can get Tonka as a companion. It would be nice to know what class gets him.
Privateer

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
Ensign
Mar 26, 2012
Privateers are the class that get Tonka (bison champion), there is no known promotion for Tonka at the moment.If you want to know if there is one then I recommend checking a Pirate101 central companions guide.

Cass Underwood Lvl 25
Ryan Underwood Lvl 4

Ensign
Jul 02, 2009
No pirate class gets Tonka the bison. At least not by him instantly joining your crew. He becomes available to everyone in the crowns shop once you defeat the evil duck of death. He's a buccaneer class bison warrior. His level depends on what yours is by the time you choose to buy him. It's usually two levels above yours. I just wanted to help. Sorry if you already knew this

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
Privateer is the class that gets Tonka and two other Bison companions. Trust me, they aren't that great in battle.

Petty Officer
Sep 19, 2010
Tonka is gotten by privateer class so far as i know my wife has tonka and shes a privateer. Im a swashbuckler and i got the staff wielding shaman. Later i returned the axes i found in a mine to a guy at the circus in tumbleweed skyway and he joined my crew. I also play a musketeer and he got the bison scout. Cant vouch for witchdoctor or buccaneer yet..

Ensign
Jul 02, 2009
Sorry guys! I did not know privateers got Tonka. I thought he was a crowns shop exclusive companion. I'm a musketeer, not a privateer!

Ensign
Feb 12, 2011
Ensign
Oct 18, 2009
That is why privateers get the most companions, they special.

Ensign
Nov 30, 2012
i am privateer class and i can confirm that as i just got Tonka as a companion.

Lieutenant
Mar 30, 2011
Cass Underwood on Nov 26, 2012 wrote:
Privateers are the class that get Tonka (bison champion), there is no known promotion for Tonka at the moment.If you want to know if there is one then I recommend checking a Pirate101 central companions guide.

Cass Underwood Lvl 25
Ryan Underwood Lvl 4
no everyone can you buy him in crown shop

Ensign
Sep 24, 2012
Ensign
Aug 23, 2011
Dracorro on Nov 26, 2012 wrote:
Tonka is gotten by privateer class so far as i know my wife has tonka and shes a privateer. Im a swashbuckler and i got the staff wielding shaman. Later i returned the axes i found in a mine to a guy at the circus in tumbleweed skyway and he joined my crew. I also play a musketeer and he got the bison scout. Cant vouch for witchdoctor or buccaneer yet..
How do you get the "staff wielding shaman?" I'm in CR and haven't gotten this companion yet.

Ensign
Sep 24, 2012
Clever Kestrel on Mar 18, 2013 wrote:
How do you get the "staff wielding shaman?" I'm in CR and haven't gotten this companion yet.
I have no idea

Ensign
Sep 24, 2012
hebytr on Mar 18, 2013 wrote:
I have tonka.
Hey I also got unicorn rouge he's strong and cool

Ensign
Nov 27, 2011
Privateers get him, They have a lot of companions at lvl 50

Ensign
Nov 15, 2010
Ensign
Nov 11, 2010
sidjing on Apr 9, 2013 wrote:
Tonka is achieved from privateer
Where,s this Evil DuckThe last Duck I killed was the no name Duck are they the same

Lieutenant
Mar 30, 2011
Spiral emperor on Nov 26, 2012 wrote:
No pirate class gets Tonka the bison. At least not by him instantly joining your crew. He becomes available to everyone in the crowns shop once you defeat the evil duck of death. He's a buccaneer class bison warrior. His level depends on what yours is by the time you choose to buy him. It's usually two levels above yours. I just wanted to help. Sorry if you already knew this
eh i never got tonka and yes if youur not privateer he gtoes in the crown shop because you are so wrong the privateer gets him now... take back what YOU said!

Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2009
FlareGlare999 on Nov 25, 2012 wrote:
Privateers get him as a companion , but swashbucklers get El Toro's wife!

Ensign
Jul 02, 2009
The First Swashbuc... on May 3, 2013 wrote:
eh i never got tonka and yes if youur not privateer he gtoes in the crown shop because you are so wrong the privateer gets him now... take back what YOU said!
Um, I already took back what I said. And yes, I know that privateers get Tonka, I have a privateer in CR right now. Calm down and have a nice day!

Ensign
Jul 15, 2012
yes Tonka does promote I think it is bison hero I don't know what level it is

two-faced matthew strong level 64

Ensign
Jul 10, 2009
Clever Kestrel on Mar 18, 2013 wrote:
Witchdoctors get a Bison spirit compainon, (1)

Privateers get a Bison Shaman (2)

Musketeers get a Black Storm Shaman (3)

One and two are also in the Crowns Shop.

... and all of them wield staves.

Ivette Xavier, Witchdoctor (33)

(1) http://pirate101.centralforums.com/wiki/Companion:Ghost_Singer-Bison_Spirit
(2)http://pirate101.centralforums.com/wiki/Companion:Bison_Shaman
(3)http://pirate101.centralforums.com/wiki/Companion:Black_Storm_Shaman

Gunner's Mate
Jul 03, 2011
Any school can buy him in the crown shop (I know- I almost bought him). And what I hear, is that privateers get him as a companion. So, there ya go!

Rachel - Level 33