Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

FrogFather Friday - Favorite Mob Ships

AuthorMessage
Developer
Hello Pirates, sincere greetings from your FrogFather! How ya doin'?

Now please, have a seat, I insist - make yourself comfortable, have a cream soda, whatever you want - we're gonna have a little talk yous and I. Forgive me, I'll start.

(eh hem) It is with great pleasure I introduce to you the first installment of what I hope may become a long and mutually- beneficial relationship within this Spiral Family of ours. The first Friday of every month, I (your devoted, honorable and impeccably dressed FrogFather) will pose a question that I hope you will answer, and answer me truthfully. These questions that I will ask of you will pertain to your Pirate adventures, and your responses will give the FrogFather insight as well as create healthy and respectful conversation betwixt your fellow Pirates. Hey - always show respect, capece?

And so, without further ado, welcome Pirates one and All to "FrogFather Fridays!!!!" - OHHHH, Ba Boom, Frogeddabowdit!

Today's topic for discussion: "What's your favorite Mob Ship in the Skyways, and why?"

So that's that with that, now let's have some fun already? Do feel free to share your comments with one another and I hope you'll drop by and visit your FrogFather when you're next in Jonah Town. Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta go see a Bird about a thing, but I'll be back next month for another "FrogFather Friday".

Ciao Pirates!!!

- FrogFather

"Frogeddabowdit!" -The FrogFather (aka Jay Gordon, Piratical Producer)
Community Leader
I'm partial to the Darkmoor ships around Boot Hill. They're eerie and spooky, yet somehow elegant too with their grand sweeping curves.

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
Ensign
Oct 20, 2012
Ahoy FrogFather,
To answer your current question, I'd have to say that the Mooshu ships are really my favorite. Not only are they very intricate in style and detail, they really keep to the whole style the I've come to love about Mooshu. Mooshu in itself is a very pretty and diverse in the whole Asian style I love. If I have to pick any Ship in the spiral it would be these. Although I have all of the Mooshu ships, I am really enjoying my Royal Navy Galleon. Mostly because it is currently the most powerful and strongest ship in the spiral, so it makes it fun to run around and help others including my girlfriend and brother, defeat any ship in the spiral with fashion.
I play a lot with my different chars, but find myself going back to my first Swashbuckler at max level quite often to farm and help other low lvl pirates. In the new worlds to come I can only hope that you can develop ever more elaborate and beautiful ships. I look forward to seeing these new additions and worlds and wish you all the best in building these new and exciting Worlds and ships.. Take Care FrogFather , I hope to see you again in the spiral and wish you all the greatest adventures.. YARRRRRR
Sincerely,
Black Finnigan Hobbes , Silent Kai Nightengale

Ensign
Jul 18, 2009
Definitely the darkmoor ships in cool ranch! I like thir dark colors and all the pointy edges that make it look positively dastardly. I would love to have a ship like that.

Ensign
Apr 21, 2012
favorite mob ship would be anything from the wild bunch. They were tough, but fun to take on!

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
I like the paddle steamers that certain enemies have in Cool Ranch. They are cool looking and unique. They would be a neat style to have for my pirate (maybe someday?).

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
My best mob eh? I have been a big fan of my marleybone galleon. I call her The Majestic Enchantress. It was named after the prow that can summon sirens to destroy enemy ships. She is SO well built, not even the Armada can sink her. If you happen upon me in the skyways (but not right now since I'm waiting for the new expansion) I'll help you with any quest you got.

Ensign
Feb 16, 2011
Hello Frogfather my favorite mob ship would be the Valencian ships in Mooshu because they are fairly strong andd I love the animation when you destroy their ship.

Community Leader
I personally prefer Jade Fleet Ships in Subata Skyway, Mooshu just because they give pretty good Nautical XP as well as the best ship parts for my ship and nautical level. I simply adore ship fighting, so I can't get enough of it! When stitching comes to the pirate towns, I will be farming elsewhere to collect more gear that I can use for the look of my ship. :D

Have a great weekend!

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Mine is the Marleybonian Galleons cause it gives hope Marleybone will be the next world and plus it's pretty big. I bet we would have four rooms on two floors when we get ship cabins.

Lieutenant
Apr 23, 2010
The Frogfather on Feb 1, 2013 wrote:
Hello Pirates, sincere greetings from your FrogFather! How ya doin'?

Now please, have a seat, I insist - make yourself comfortable, have a cream soda, whatever you want - we're gonna have a little talk yous and I. Forgive me, I'll start.

(eh hem) It is with great pleasure I introduce to you the first installment of what I hope may become a long and mutually- beneficial relationship within this Spiral Family of ours. The first Friday of every month, I (your devoted, honorable and impeccably dressed FrogFather) will pose a question that I hope you will answer, and answer me truthfully. These questions that I will ask of you will pertain to your Pirate adventures, and your responses will give the FrogFather insight as well as create healthy and respectful conversation betwixt your fellow Pirates. Hey - always show respect, capece?

And so, without further ado, welcome Pirates one and All to "FrogFather Fridays!!!!" - OHHHH, Ba Boom, Frogeddabowdit!

Today's topic for discussion: "What's your favorite Mob Ship in the Skyways, and why?"

So that's that with that, now let's have some fun already? Do feel free to share your comments with one another and I hope you'll drop by and visit your FrogFather when you're next in Jonah Town. Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta go see a Bird about a thing, but I'll be back next month for another "FrogFather Friday".

Ciao Pirates!!!

- FrogFather
I personally like the Ghost Ships because they look really cool and have really good and cool powers. Being able to have one would make my life.
Bristly Kevin

Ensign
Apr 10, 2009
For me it's a four-way tie:

1. Armada Ships, even though they belong to our worst enemies, they are just so magnificent with their golden hulls and black sails.

2. Black Storm Raiders: very beautiful ships with great sails and oars to propel them through the skyway.

3. Marleybonian Ships: I trully don't know why, I just love the names of their ships and how they look so proud and regal. I almost feel ashamed that we started the war between them and the Armada

4. Mooshu Ships: The huge lanterns give the ships that wonderful Chinese/Japanese flair.

Sincerely,
Honest Ilana Thompson, the not-so proud owner of the Santa Isabella, a Monquistan Skiff.

Community Leader
Oh yeah, one of my favorite NPCs comes to life....

Greetings Frogfather, this offer I cannot refuse.

To be honest its real hard to pinpoint a single form of mob ship, they all have advantages.

Probably the mob ships I have found most beneficial to my overall game play are the Black Storm Raider ships in Cool Ranch. These ships help us raise our nautical levels quite a bit and really start dropping advanced equipment that we can use almost immediately, as well as in the future as our pirates continue to level.

Ships at that level really help to launch us along in the ship battling part of the game. Although there have been adjustments, this has remained true (imo) since we were in closed beta.

There are mobs later on that are excellent for nautical leveling and gear as well, but IMO they are less of an impact being further along in the game (this may change as we get content updates).

Silent Sam Stern - Level 50 - Witchdoctor
Perilous Patrick Pace - Level 50 - Buccaneer
Samuel Jones - Level 50 - Privateer
Funny Finnegan Finkle - Level 46 - Musketeer
Wicked William Whitman - Level 38 - Swashbuckler

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
Personally, I really like the armada ships with the circular spinning sails in the aragon skyway because they not only look pretty neat but they also show just how vast and advanced the technological power of the armada truly is in all honesty. I also like the darkmoor/ghost ships as I just feel that they're perfect for the crew they have on board them if you really think about it.

Ensign
Dec 31, 2012
I've always been partial to the big riverboat steamship (named/bosses dierdre or midnight cowboy) models. They're large and visually exciting. Hull wise monquistan ships capture elegance and wealth just fine (just like the spanish) quite well even if they're small. If I was to choose based on sail looks and design it's hands down the bison choices by far. The only interesting sails and variety in the game are on the extra lights and the bisons sadly.

Captain
May 02, 2009
I like the Imperial Jade ships in Subata because they give AWESOME nautical experience. I only wish they were a bit weaker so that my Mooshu Galleon, the Imperial Dragon, could sink one without fleeing this its stern (or whatever the back of a ship is called) on REALLY hot fire. (Those Fire Drakes and Phenioxes are no joke)

Lieutenant
Feb 03, 2012
I favorite would probably be the armada vanguard ships in Valencia.

Community Leader
Of course the Frogfather's syndicate ships that block passages to Flotsam Skyway are my favorite. Capeesh? Bada bing bada boom!

All joking aside ~ My favorite mob ships are the Darkmoore ships near Boothill. I hope to see their homeland soon enough!

Johnny - Pirate101 Community Leader
Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2009
I think the ships in Mooshu have the best visual design. My favorite ships to fight though are the various bosses scattered around the skyways. Not the unsinkable ones, but the ones like Captain Zirconia or Mack the Shark. They provide unique challenges and are just fun to fight.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Lots of nice ones. Let me see...

Probably, first, the Armada ships.

Second, the Darkmoor ships.

Third... either the ghost ships or the Jade fleet ships.

-Michael

Community Leader
My favorite mobs ships are the ones in Valencia. I guess I do have a favorite from each world though.

Owner of Paige's Page Perilous Paige. "Honorary Black Cat of the entire Pirate 101 Fleet"
Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
Cool ranch steamers, or better that one lvl 6 steamer wich wanders near Jonah Town , prolly because i like steampunk look .

Ensign
Nov 04, 2012
Kelsey Fireheart on Feb 1, 2013 wrote:
I personally prefer Jade Fleet Ships in Subata Skyway, Mooshu just because they give pretty good Nautical XP as well as the best ship parts for my ship and nautical level. I simply adore ship fighting, so I can't get enough of it! When stitching comes to the pirate towns, I will be farming elsewhere to collect more gear that I can use for the look of my ship. :D

Have a great weekend!
agree i love to battle them when i am on with my friends in the game and grind some nauticals for my ship right now i am level 47 on my nautical.

loyal james holystone, level 50 swashbuckler .

Community Leader
I don't know if they'd count, but I like the Water Mole Canoes. I remember thinking it was really neat to see the tiny water moles paddling their way across the sky (how does that work? magic) and was a bit disappointed that you can't fire your cannons at them. Still, I thought it was a fun addition to the already well designed Skull Island area to see those little guys.

For actual mob ship, I like the paddle wheels in Cool Ranch. It would be fun for the PC to be able to get one of those, though obviously it would take some specialized equipment.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Ensign
May 09, 2011
I for one think that i love my Monquistain Skiff, but there can be more! Have you noticed that you can't get sort of like a Red Sash ship from Cool Ranch, or an Armada ship from Valencia? I want one of those. also, the troggies may be smelly and dumb, but they're smart enough to control a ship. i want the troggies to step out of the gold mine and skull mountain and come out in tradewinds or skull island skyway. i've always wanted to fight troggy ships where some of the floating creatures(for ex. jellyfish)are.

Agreeable Max Alcott lvl 23