Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

White Buffaloon meat

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
I feel really sorry for those who had to do this quest before they improved the drop rate, since it is abysmally low now it must have been an infinitesimally small chance to get the meat.

And how is requiring more meat an improvement?

This is a main quest. It shouldn't take this long. Fix it, please.

Ensign
Jun 06, 2011
I haven't even seen a white one. where are they at?

Ensign
Oct 24, 2010
Actually, this is the main story quest so this needs to be done. They actually increased the drop rate for this quest and changed it from collecting only 1 to collecting 8. I just started this quest and collected two of eight so its faster then it was but not too fast that it's easy. Though I still can't stand those Buffaloons. They're still way to strong imho.

Ensign
Jul 15, 2012
Ensign
Mar 02, 2011
I am not sure if this is going to ever be fixed .

What I do know is that I got so tired of it with my first pirate, I started another character.

I am now at this quest again, with a second character........facing exactly the same problems, and the thought of spending fruitless hours trying to fulfill this quest.

I spoke with support who say nothing they can do, its a design thing. They told me to report it here, and I have done for a couple of weeks now, as have others. Spoke with support again, and they tell me its not noted as a bug, so............I dont know the answer.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
I am immensely sorry and apologise profusely for my extreme use of hyperbole in my last post. It was totally and utterly unnecessary.

That said, I've just recently finished this quest and it seems to be around a 1 in 4 drop rate. Which wouldn't be too bad except that we need to collect 8 and the battles take around 15 minutes each (that's with 3 players). It must have taken at least 6 hours to do it.

Ensign
Mar 02, 2012
I am working on this quest now also for a friend. When I did it originally it took forever to get 1 hide.

Now it is to get 8 white buffaloon meat and so far we have done 7 fights and have got 1 meat - how is this changed to be easier?

I thought if you wanted us to get 8 it would be just to kill them - meaning 8 total fights? So at the rate we are getting them it will take 56 fights if we are lucky?

Is this really a good change?

Ensign
Mar 02, 2012
I would like to add to my post that as far as grouping and doing better at getting meat; it does not help at all in this quest.

We only get one white buffaloon per fight and six or seven regular buffaloon that just take forever to kill.

I think if you want us to get 8 white buffaloon meat, there would be at least 1 white buffaloon for each human player in the fight.

Ensign
Mar 02, 2011
Can I ask , please, that someone takes some time to explain what is happening, and if we can expect a fix on this problem?

After struggling once, for 2 days, to get these 8 pieces of meat, I took a friend out last night, who was also struggling.
I used the character that had the meat already, and was just a level or so higher. With me, she got one drop after another, on every fight. Before that, alone, she had struggled and had 2, after many hours.

Thinking that this may work for my new character, she used her higher character that already had the 8 pieces, a level higher, this morning, and took me out. I got 1 in 4 hours, and 11 fights.

Obviously, this is not right :(
My instinct after such frustration, was just to cut and run, and abandon the game, but I have invested too many hours, and spent lots of crowns.

Some get it, some dont, please, it would be great if we had some answers.

Ensign
Mar 02, 2012
Hi all

Just tried something that helped me very much finishing off this quest. Use your raft and you get a total of 3 or 4 total including the white one while soloing. After I tried this (raft had basically no armor or weapons - do not need them for this) I got my last 2 meats in about 1 hour and the fights went a lot smoother then on my larger boat.

Just a suggestion that worked for me.

After a fight just move away a bit to safe spot and use your 'go to Skull Island' button to refresh health and return to try again if still need meat.

I have not tired this with a partner yet cause I got the meat - Yea

Good luck all

Petty Officer
Jan 09, 2010
I'm another one stuck on this quest, given up on the amount of fights without any meat dropping. The only change I've noticed is that now the White ones seem to appear most battles. I've started this quest at 15, now I'm 23 and still no drops :(

Ensign
Mar 02, 2012
Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
I find it's easier to do the white buffaloon quest on my own, as bringing other people to help makes it that much harder, since you only get one white buffaloon per battle.

I know KI changed to add white buffaloons in the sky, however, this does not increase the chance of getting the meat needed to fulfill the quest.

Before, you had to be lucky to get a white buffaloon, and you only needed one meat. Now, you can get a white buffaloon per battle, however, KI changed the quest to obtain 8 meat. This did not make the amount of battles shorter. For my first pirate, it took 29 battles (random white buffaloon with 1 meat required). For my second pirate, it took almost as many battles (I lost count), to get the 8 meat = total time required 9 hours.

Since this is a main quest, there isn't any way to get around it. It would be easier, and not so tedious, if I would have gotten 1 meat per white buffaloon in battle (8 battles). I could live with that.

It doesn't matter what size ship you have. If you solo, you will get 3-5 buffaloons total (including one white buffaloon).

Ensign
Jun 23, 2012
6am im trying to get the meat and i have ben trying sence 6am in the morning is 2am at night...please for the sake of my self and others take a look at the drop rate agin

Ensign
Dec 15, 2011
I'll just keep on getting nautical xp until i get the required meat aha.....

Administrator
Further adjustments to the White Buffaloon quest are in the works, pirates! Stay tuned.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Petty Officer
May 24, 2009
The quest to get the White Buffaloon for the Brother Wolf quest is bit overkill, 1st: you have fight 1 White Buffaloon to get the meat from it and as C-3PO would say " thats 70,000 to 1 " and I would say " Never Quote me the odds ", 2nd: I have to get 8 pieces of White Buffaloon meat as I said in my 1st quote above " thats 70,000 to 1 " of actually getting a piece of White Meat, "pardon the pun" and 3rd: there dodging way to much and hitting way to hard.

Sincerely,

Valdus Zabra lvl 23 Swashbuckler
Black Kai Zabra lvl 24 Witchdoctor
Morgan Kelly lvl 12 Muskateer
Reckless Jack Walker lvl 12 Buccaneer
Benjiman Carter lvl 4 Privateer

Petty Officer
Nov 28, 2008
Hey Jack,

Any projected time frame for the"adjustments" to be made? I have exhausted all my side quests and this is the last one. I have fought 4 fights, all with white buffaloons and received 1 of my required 8 . I started playing an alternate character until this is fixed. 7+ more hours at this rate to finish is more than I can withstand.
I just play a couple hours a day, here and there. That may take me a anywhere from 3 days to a week. Im still having fun, but on another character until fixed.

Petty Officer
Sep 03, 2009
for 2 days straight i didn't get any meat from fighting them

( i really want to go to ms )

please fix it i feel like giving up

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
I am curious, where do you pick up that quest? I have had quests to kill Buffaloon for the 8 pieces of meat, and some other quest to kill them. But never a quest to get WHITE buffaloon meat. I would want to know where you got that quest so I can do it.

I like doing ALL sidequest for maximum exp and companion points.

Ensign
Dec 15, 2011
Diamond Dogz on Nov 2, 2012 wrote:
I'll just keep on getting nautical xp until i get the required meat aha.....
woohoo got the meat a leveled up in nautical :dance:

Ensign
Oct 29, 2012
Used the "RAFT" after 3+ hours of 6 of 8 hides and got the complete after two battles.. possibly the smaller platform who knows, but you can see redish eyes compared to just white for sure..

Still KI you need to PLEASE fix the drop rate seeing 78+ kills vs 6 of 8 over 3+ hour toil.

over all the game flow is very nice and very enjoyable even vs wizzy standards..

Ensign
Dec 26, 2008
Out of 7 or 8 fights I have received only 1 white buffaloon meat. This was on the first fight. If a quest is going to require 40 or more fights, at least be honest about it and make it a quest to kill 40 so we feel like we are making progress. With other quests that require item drops it is beneficial to group with others, as it seems to increase the odds. This one does not add more white buffaloons when people join so it just slows things down.

After at least 6 fights in a row with no drop, I am considering dropping my subscription. I certainly won't keep trying to progress on this quest on the off chance that I "might" get the second of 8 pieces.

By the way - there are two threads for this in the cool ranch section . A forum dude might want to consider combining these.

Ensign
Nov 07, 2010
I didn't have any real trouble with this quest. Yes it took a while, but an hour and a half or so of fighting yielded all of the white buffaloon items and all but three of the rest of my buffaloon drops needed. My only issue was the ramdom popping in and out of the white buffaloons. Since I had 4 quests needing buffaloon drops I did them all at once. I did find it easier to fight them on my raft versus the larger ships.

PS At the time I was a lvl ~27 Privateer.

Ensign
Feb 28, 2011
This was frustrating the first time around with my privateer, but at least we only needed to collect 1 meat. KI changed it and made the white buffaloon visible, but changed the quest from needing to obtain 1, to obtaining 8. This is basically the same thing, or worse. I've fought 8 fights, and got 2 meat. I guess this means I need to fight at least 48 more fights before I get the other 6. I prefer it being only to collect 1 and make the darn thing invisible (I'm the one who suggested the "flee" and port back). That was a lot easier to do. Very frustrating.