Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How many Puppet Shows are there in all so far

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Every Book should have at least one Puppet Show that Pirates love to enjoy, should they? I enjoyed the first one about Captain Gunn and it was great! Will I be seeing more new Puppet Shows added to the game soon?

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
There are several puppet shows throughout the game. Usually when you start a new major event. I can't remember how many there are in the game, but you will see at least one per world.

Ensign
Jun 30, 2012
their are twelve right now.

-Cunnig Thomas Orleans,Captain of Musketeers

Developer
Trimond297 on Oct 11, 2012 wrote:
Every Book should have at least one Puppet Show that Pirates love to enjoy, should they? I enjoyed the first one about Captain Gunn and it was great! Will I be seeing more new Puppet Shows added to the game soon?
We had meant for every book to have one, but we ultimately found that they didn't fit for some, or that there were better ways to do it (the Slide Show in Book 7, for example). There are, of course, some books that have 2 (and Catbeard technically has 3 short ones back to back).

Going forward, we definitely intend to keep using them - puppet shows are a narrative tool that completely exceeded our expectations. They are also a great source of gags that we can't really stage with in-game character animations.

Community Leader
Blind Mew on Jan 2, 2013 wrote:
We had meant for every book to have one, but we ultimately found that they didn't fit for some, or that there were better ways to do it (the Slide Show in Book 7, for example). There are, of course, some books that have 2 (and Catbeard technically has 3 short ones back to back).

Going forward, we definitely intend to keep using them - puppet shows are a narrative tool that completely exceeded our expectations. They are also a great source of gags that we can't really stage with in-game character animations.
I'm glad to hear that they will continue to pop up. They are one of my favorite things about the game!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Community Leader
I still think it would be nice to have one at the end of the current storyline/quest content.

They way the current content comes to an end, is very uneventful, and easy to "miss".

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV