Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Do you have an idea‽

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 06, 2009
Right now the only monquistan ship is a skiff, can we get monquistan frigates and galleons.

I would also like to see the shops sell some equipment that is at least a little better then what is likely to drop in the shops area. It seems like by the time you've gotten enough gold to buy any equipment from a shop you've already gotten better stuff then the shops have available.

But what I would really love to see is a way to capture enemy ships. I think it would be great if you could board an enemy ship and have the option of fighting deck to deck and capture the ship to make it your own.

Ensign
Oct 21, 2009
Hi, the game is quite nice and rly makes fun. My suggestions:

1. Fleets
I know, wizard 101 is still lack of a guild system. But in Pirate 101 there should be a fleet system also. To join up with others, talk and play together.
And if you wish to hold players for long, a Guild vs guild Pvp system will do very well. I would love such a system.

2. Playergroup Dungeons
In this players should get in and cant use any companion. Enemies should be 4 vs 1 Character and 1 more for each added player. So Solo layer battle 4 witch will be very hard but 4 Players face 7 and have a good chance.
This should be endgame content. For full leveld players to farm very rare companions/Items/fame points (To buy special things with mightbe =) )

3. Grinding stuff
I miss (like in wizard 101) Something worthy to grind. There should be Companions to be grinded free. Like Gortez, but not just to buy. I think doing a Dungeon over and over again (like 25 times for Gortez, for free i would even do this 100 times!) is rly enough to give it to the player for free. Ok, not each, but some specials hidden over the world. So players have something to hunt for.
Titels for example ar nice but you just can have one by time so its uninteresting. Why not give a companion after killing 1000 (or 2000 or whatever) Wharfrats or something?

4. Elements
Ok, its wizard like, but i think Enemys Companion and Weapons should have Elements, like in wizard 101. So its more strategic if my Bucaneer companion (for example) counting as Ice hit the Ice enemy (less damage) or my Character, using his Pistol and sword combo counting (as example) as Fire element.

I think this way you developers have much more options to make battles more interesting.

5. Ship battles
I like ship battles, but i think its not for good that a win or lose is uninteresting. Opponents will always attack you if they can in ship battle Hand to Hand.
The number of attackers should be countet from who wins. Winner should have 33% Warriors or so.

Ensign
Oct 21, 2009
Some more Suggestions:

1. Quests Choices
At the moment every pirate act same. We have no choices in answers. I wish there have been some quests where you could hire an NPC as companion if you give the right answers for example.
Or mightbe open new quests this way.

2. Quest delete
There are quests in my questlist i dont like to do, like the holywater quest in monquistan. But I cant delete it out.

3. Companion Jobs
We have some Guys on our ship. I would love to give them jobs. X and X going to the canons to add dmg. X, X and X doing repair work to add Heal percent. And X, X, X preparing to be an Enter crew. So we could line up our Ship battles more tactical.
Ok, sounds a bit complicate, but I think this would be great, and would make a later PvP shipbattle interesting.

4. Companion Missions
Mightbe you can make special companion missions, like Treasure hunting -1-8 hours- (earns gold x Companion Lvl) or Dangerous Treasure hunting (earns gold, but companion might get hurt and earns nothing), or Monster hunting (earns Experience for this companion) where you can send your Compenions. Specially makes sense with idea 3, cause all who make jobs, cant support your ship in this time.

5. Random Dungeons
The greatest thing would be a Dungeon wich is fully random each time when you enter. It must be build out of rooms and each room have random encounters. Random Encounter Bosses and thouse things. That would be fun and if there are some different bosses in, with special dropped set items to collect, you could give the full leveled players things to do that they dont get bored so fast until next update arrive. Each update can bring new random dungeon rooms so it will growing bigger and more different over time.

Ensign
Oct 21, 2009
Hi again,
Nov 08, 12:45 AM part 5. I meant, that the winning side should have 33% more Troops. For example, player lost so enemy battle 4-5 Enemys vs Player+2 Companions.

Second some more suggestions.

1. More Players in Battle Overview
Because people are in a hurry to make there movings, watch the oponents roster, clicking skills and all this, its quite hard to watch your sided players movement.

Why cant we see their movement/attacking arrows in the overview? It would be much easier. The other collored dots arnt enough for a tactical game, as it is.

2. Skill Bar
Even if my Mainchar is just Lvl 20 Witch Doctor (I dont hurry up throught the game) with second, Privateer, I have at least (with Item skills added) about 30 Spells i think.
Its quite hard to get the spells I wish. Yes I know I could rightclick them, but i think it should be a prepared skill roster of about 10 choosed spells. Like Decks in Wizard 101. I would be fine and I think every player would agree this.

3. Monquistan Ship
I mentonied this in an other post before. I miss buyable Equips for my ship gotten from Hocktail at the end of Monquistan. Would be nice to get some buyable in Puerto Mico.

Ensign
Sep 01, 2011
Yup, how about a fighting chance when we encounter bigger, stronger enemies? At least let us go down swingin'. For instance, the bone dragons. I had an oops! encounter with them; instead of inputting hits, I could have let my team just stand there...the dragons blocked everything. They would likely win anyway with their strong hits, but don't make us be lame pirates

Ensign
Dec 13, 2008
I really like the idea of being able to capture opposing ships even if it would take additional combat'

I would like to see some variation in how we deal with some of the NPC's give us a selection of options and maybe have a reputation stat depending on how we deal with them.

I would like to have some reference to the type of pirate we are when dealing with class trainers and some of the major NPC's. For instance a Privateer (like my main character), is a civilian that carries a letter of marque from a specific government to attack the shipping of an enemy power. This history is entirely missing in the origin story for pirate101.

A musketeer is an elite type of regular army troop, it would be nice to have some reference to their old army days, and maybe have a companion or two be from those days.

I realize that this would require an enormous amount of work on kings isle's part, but I think it would make the game much more enjoyable.

Ensign
Mar 31, 2010
I'd like to add a dissmiss button on my companions. So if u dont like them just dissmiss them. It would be fun if we could get gold and stuff from the crates and barrles on the combat grid. Add recepies for potions and mayby shipgear. Alot of debree and stuff floting around in the skyways. Maybe to use in a recepie for a ship? More ways to get gold and gear. An actionhouse for more and better gear. See ya all in the skyways!

Ensign
Sep 04, 2008
I would to love see special Companions that we can recruit. For example it would be interesting to start a quest that would end with a reprogrammed Armada soldier joining the crew. These special quests could also play into seasonal events.

Ensign
Aug 17, 2009
It seems as if a few areas are largely overpowered- I have to wait until I level up at least two or three times before going back to some places.

Ensign
Aug 17, 2009
Have we placed any thought in a single-player version of the game for those of us with slow computers?

Ensign
Nov 05, 2012
Pet shops and pvp and when rank up get more companion points.More buccaneer weapons.Bazaar a better weapons.Transfromations.Mounts bought by gold.

Ensign
Feb 14, 2010
I would like to be able to go below deck on my ship and see my crew standing ready next to my cannons, or as if they are waiting for orders just as long as i can go below deck ill be happy

Ensign
Jun 13, 2010
Maybe having pet fights or contests kinda like how their is in Wizard 101. I mean not the same exact thing, since your trying something different in Pirate 101 and I don't think you wanna use the same thing and just add a different coat of paint on it. Try the same basic concept to set up the foundation of pet fighting/contests but then... well your King Isle I'm sure you guys/gals can come up with almost anything and turn it into a dream land of awesomeness

Ensign
Oct 16, 2012
Pandowdy on Mar 12, 2012 wrote:
Put pet shops in with some pets that you can only get in Pirate101, like a pet purple yumyum fruit and storm shark pups and parrots. Also, maybe a mount shop with a few Batacuda and flying fish mounts in it. Yes, I'm sure that someone would go into the Vortex of Doom just to get a few storm shark cubs. There are people that would do that even if I don't know them.
That's exactly what I was thinking! Pet Yum-Yum Fruits would be the cutest thing!

I also thought about the Mount shop,too! (So Batacuda)

Ensign
Jan 08, 2012
i think there should be a companion trading center so you could actually make a good looking crew you couldn't get more then one of the same companion and you cant trade story companions and if you get a lvl 50 companion and you lvl say 20 it would be lvl 20 when you get it so the game would still have balance. you could trade ones like class restricted or sidequest or crown shop me and my friends think this is a great idea but it is your game.

Ensign
Nov 22, 2012
I do not know if island unreasonable, but I would like to see an option or system that allows you to control which companions join you and battle , and maybe lock others out from joining , thank you :)

Ensign
Jan 08, 2012
i would like it if there was rare companion drops from battles like on the guys you fought saw the errors to his ways and would like to join you and this would make my companion trading idea a lot cooler because you could make a crew from around the spiral

Ensign
May 07, 2011
1. Capture enemy ships and sell them.

2. PvP with and without companions.

3. Select which companions join your crew and make ones you don't like go stay at your house or something. There are some companions I'd rather not have. (Nurse Quinn just isn't very "piratey")

4. Bring back item stitching.

Ensign
Jul 06, 2008
  • New worlds like Celestia Azteca
  • Where you fight wizards
  • companions for gold
  • Pets a auction house
  • sell ships for gold

Ensign
Aug 25, 2011
I'd like to see the ships have actual captains quarters instead of fake doors. And it would nice to be able to place your pets or companions at your house

Ensign
Jan 16, 2011
emeraldflame888 on Sep 22, 2012 wrote:
I really like this idea.

I made a character recently with a Latin root first name (there are a few but not many), but found that there were literally no Latin root last names.
I think they should also use Nauta (Sailor in latin) as a last name

Ensign
May 07, 2011
Calamity Mastermin... on Nov 28, 2012 wrote:
I'd like to see the ships have actual captains quarters instead of fake doors. And it would nice to be able to place your pets or companions at your house
I agree with that one. I'd love to have my own captain's quarters. I think it would also be nice if we could decorate it like a house if this idea ever becomes reality.

Ensign
Jan 16, 2011
Calamity Mastermin... on Nov 28, 2012 wrote:
I agree

Ensign
Oct 01, 2010
I'm not sure if this was mentioned already, but what about a Wizard101 cross over into Pirate101. You could visit worlds and locations that are in Wizard101 but not Pirate101. This might sound very unpirate like, because magic and piratcy don't seem to mix that well (ironic with the Witchdoctor class). But that would be kind of interesting and pretty cool. This might been we can meet characters you'd often encountered from Wizard101 in Pirate101, now wouldnt that been kind of cool.

See ye all in the Spiral and Skyways:
Pirate101: Humble Jack Jackson, now lvl 13 Buccaneer
Wizard101: Paul Legenddreamer, lvl 79 death
Jack Legenddreamer, lvl 53 balance
Aedan Legenddreamer, lvl 37 fire

Ensign
May 07, 2011
Buccaneer Jackson on Nov 29, 2012 wrote:
I'm not sure if this was mentioned already, but what about a Wizard101 cross over into Pirate101. You could visit worlds and locations that are in Wizard101 but not Pirate101. This might sound very unpirate like, because magic and piratcy don't seem to mix that well (ironic with the Witchdoctor class). But that would be kind of interesting and pretty cool. This might been we can meet characters you'd often encountered from Wizard101 in Pirate101, now wouldnt that been kind of cool.

See ye all in the Spiral and Skyways:
Pirate101: Humble Jack Jackson, now lvl 13 Buccaneer
Wizard101: Paul Legenddreamer, lvl 79 death
Jack Legenddreamer, lvl 53 balance
Aedan Legenddreamer, lvl 37 fire
I don't get why you would want to. I think KI already recognized that some players might want to use magic but try this game and so that's why they made witchdoctors. Besides, what would you even do? The fighting style is totally different and most of your spells wouldn't be the same at all. You're stats wouldn't even count. I'm not trying to be negative, but to accomplish this would be a HUGE project. They'd have to rework the stats of all the gear in wizard101 to match this game, then they'd have to connect characters from one game to the next and rework their battle format. After that, they'd have to update character names and give spells a new look and find a ship for those players. What I'm trying to say is it just seems like a lot of work and I think KI has enough going on in just this one game alone...